Page 11 of 36 FirstFirst ... 78910111213141521 ... LastLast

Interesting. I wonder if they'll use this to do stuff like make Aquaman look like Khal Drogo? Probably. In which case we may see a very classic-style universe with a lot of tweaks like that.

Several of these titles have very interesting titles. Superwoman? We've never really had that as a book before- I'm assuming it's a new character or a new take on an old one. And Grayson goes back to Nightwing- I hope he's essentially still doing the same stuff, but on his own and in a superspy Nightwing costume. Like superhero Jamaes Bond instead of DC James Bond. And what is the Super-Man?

I'm actually nicely surprised to see that a lot of the intriguing titles are Superman related. That's a good thing in a world where he's considered old hat.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by NexusTenebrare View Post
    But that's not what it sounds like. When you have a title like Superboy or Supergirl or Superwoman or Super Man, these titles are immediately linked to Superman. Hence a title like Super Sons immediately sounds like it belongs in the Superman line of books.
    That's why you look at more than just the title. Like the cover art, if nothing else.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Black_Adam View Post
    Dick Grayson back to Nightwing no complaints there, loved Grayson but it will be cool seeing Dick back in uniform.

Hal & the GLC and Green Lanterns, I hope it isn't just one book for Hal one book for the rest of the Lanterns.
    Isn't that what the current GL and GLC are, respectively? I like John and Guy running the Corps far better, let Hal keep his own title, or just name something "Hal Jordan" for the fans whom inexplicably just can't get enough.

All-New Member

Yet another reason not to buy from the DC and Marvel.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by AnakinFlair View Post
    Will Green Arrow be 'rebirthed' with a new creative team?

Please?
    nah I think him transforming into a werewolf to learn about his privilege is great

JK

Quote Originally Posted by Kit Walker View Post
    1) I would be surprised if characters gaining some positive heat lately - Midnighter in particular - didn't turn up somewhere. You've got at least eight team book and even if one of them focuses on teenagers and one has the same team as another (which is no guarantee with Justice League and Justice League of America)...that's still quite a few slots that need filling.
    According to the solicits for the final issues of Midnighter, he's hanging out with the Suicide Squad. And it doesn't appear to be a crossover with Seeley's SS. So I'm wondering if he might end up spending some time with the Squad after Rebirth as well.

Guest appearances in Nightwing would seem to be the other main possibility.

Quote Originally Posted by GlennSimpson View Post
    That's why you look at more than just the title. Like the cover art, if nothing else.
    Yeah, you're not getting the point.
    Also, in what world are covers an accurate reflection of what happens inside comic books?

Quote Originally Posted by jules View Post
    According to the solicits for the final issues of Midnighter, he's hanging out with the Suicide Squad. And it doesn't appear to be a crossover with Seeley's SS. So I'm wondering if he might end up spending some time with the Squad after Rebirth as well.

Guest appearances in Nightwing would seem to be the other main possibility.
    So what? Midnighter would become one of Amanda Waller's little pets? That would be terrible and completely OOC.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by joebleau View Post
    Still no JSA and LSH ?
    Earth 2 might be the new JSA.

Quote Originally Posted by joebleau View Post
    Still no JSA and LSH ?
    The original JSA is expected to return in Earth 2: Rebirth.

The Legion Of Super-Heroes is featured prominently in Geoff Johns's Rebirth video.
    Plus, Geoff lists Saturn Girl as one of the characters DC needs to bring back in Rebirth.
    I'm expecting an LSH title will be coming in Wave 2, particularly since they've already said the LSH is going to appear in an upcoming episode of one of the Greg Berlanti DC shows.

But that's not what it sounds like. When you have a title like Superboy or Supergirl or Superwoman or Super Man, these titles are immediately linked to Superman. Hence a title like Super Sons immediately sounds like it belongs in the Superman line of books.
    It depends really. For older readers, or younger readers into older books it may immediately make them think of this: http://dc.wikia.com/wiki/Super-Sons Which was always used to refer to the sons of Supes and Bats. This seems to be a call back to that legacy.

391950-18006-130482-1-world-s-finest-comic.jpg
    Bronze Age baby.
    OGG - Original Grim 'n Gritty

Punchedugly.com

The only book I'm interested in out of this lineup is Hellblazer, and that probably won't last if this means the book relaunches without the current team. But we shall see, I suppose.

BANNED

Yeah, you're not getting the point.
    Also, in what world are covers an accurate reflection of what happens inside comic books?
    In every world they illustrate the main idea of the book, such as the fact that it features a Bat-character in addition to a Super-one.

Quote Originally Posted by icantstandthisindecision View Post
    Honestly, after Titans Hunt and Starfire, if Kori and Roy aren't back in Titans then whoever decided the team done fucked up.

I hope Outlaws is like the Outsiders in a way and is sort of a whole new team. Would be nice to see characters like Essence and Katana here.
    Yeah I actually wouldn't mind if Red Hood was a Jason book with him working with the Bat family while Rory and Kori went back to Titans. In any case keep Lobdell away from both! lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Reality View Post
    Interesting. I wonder if they'll use this to do stuff like make Aquaman look like Khal Drogo? Probably. In which case we may see a very classic-style universe with a lot of tweaks like that.

Several of these titles have very interesting titles. Superwoman? We've never really had that as a book before- I'm assuming it's a new character or a new take on an old one. And Grayson goes back to Nightwing- I hope he's essentially still doing the same stuff, but on his own and in a superspy Nightwing costume. Like superhero Jamaes Bond instead of DC James Bond. And what is the Super-Man?

I'm actually nicely surprised to see that a lot of the intriguing titles are Superman related. That's a good thing in a world where he's considered old hat.
    Well Johns already addressed that in the Rebirth interview and said the movies/tv wouldn't effect the comics, but we'll see.

Superwoman could be the Crime Syndicate's Earth-3 Lois Lane, though not sure what she does to warrant an ongoing while others like Shazam and Martian Manhunter miss out.
    When you crush an ant beneath your foot, do feel remorse? No. Is this because you are evil or because you recognize yourself as a higher form of life? This is what the Wizard could not understand. If I have the powers of the gods, then am I not a god myself? Should I not be treated as such?

its been a while since i have commented in the forum, i still read a lot of DC books and havent even commented when the big announcement happen of rebirth

after reading this lineup
    this makes sense
    Im not saying that this is good, or bad
    but it makes sense, it makes so much sense that i feel this is what we will see for a long time
    the DC reboot basically exploded and now its facing an implosion because the market just simply couldnt maintain it
    and im happy because i feel that this is a much more better environment for DC and the industry

regartless of whatever the direction and continuity of the books will take i just hope that DC learn of its mistakes of with the new 52, and with less titles i hope there comes less grip of the editorial for the writers.

what i foresee is less risks being taken with rebirth, but I strongly believe that most of the risks of the 52 didnt paid off anyways so im ok with that
    and just like with the new 52 anything that just simply worked before will continue with very little interference or change like Batman.

1 thing im very glad though
    GOTHAM ACADEMY: NEXT SEMESTER #1, Yay!