Page 26 of 36 FirstFirst ... 16222324252627282930 ... LastLast

I'm very interested in knowing the line-ups for JL, JLA, Titans and Teen Titans!! I'm hoping it's 4 different line-ups each with different stories/general feel. I am also hoping that the Blue Beetle solo series stars Jaime Reyes, the unique version from the original run and not the angsty, teen stereotype that was the 52 version.

I'm hoping Titans is Nightwing, Starfire, Raven, Beast Boy, Cyborg, Donna, Wally and Roy while Teen Titans is Damien, Blue Beetle, Traci 13 and other young teen heroes that I can't think of currently. Give the YJ4 a break until you can figure out what to do with them while creating a generation to go a long with Damien.

Nothing is jumping out at me from name alone. It's definitely a safer approach to a relaunch/rebrand, which I can't blame them for after the DCYou disaster.

Depending on creative teams, I'm going to try out:
    Batgirl
    Batgirl & BOP
    Batman
    'Tec
    Nightwing
    Titans/Teen Titans (or maybe both, depends on the roster)

So basically following my books wherever their pieces land, which would be all well and good if half of my remaining DC pull wasn't getting axed by the initiative...
    Batgirl - ...BOP - Batman - 'Tec - Nightwing - Supergirl - Titans - Wonder Woman

Astonishing Member RobinFan4880's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by El_Gato View Post
    I'm very interested in knowing the line-ups for JL, JLA, Titans and Teen Titans!! I'm hoping it's 4 different line-ups each with different stories/general feel. I am also hoping that the Blue Beetle solo series stars Jaime Reyes, the unique version from the original run and not the angsty, teen stereotype that was the 52 version.

I'm hoping Titans is Nightwing, Starfire, Raven, Beast Boy, Cyborg, Donna, Wally and Roy while Teen Titans is Damien, Blue Beetle, Traci 13 and other young teen heroes that I can't think of currently. Give the YJ4 a break until you can figure out what to do with them while creating a generation to go a long with Damien.
    Titans will probably be those that are in hunt. Teen Titans will probably be those in the new animated movie. Cyborg will still be a leaguer.

Maybe Teen Titans will be Cyborg, Starfire, Changeling, Raven training Damian, Emiko, etc.

Oh DC!...still keeping me on the sideline.

Hoping for the best, but I'll wait to see who the creative teams are and how the characters are treated.
    "History of the DC Universe" by Wolfman and Perez, when the DCU use to make sense.

Quote Originally Posted by colonyofcells View Post
    Probably easier to make stories from vague timelines and vague histories since the heroes do not age. Having just 2 main ages for heroes is much simpler : adult and teen, JL and teen titans. Barry and Wally can be about the same age with Wally having 2 kids. It is ok to have some older heroes predating Superman such as Immortal man, other magic heroes who are mostly immortal, some mystery heroes like crimson avenger, sandman, star spangled kid, minute man, judomaster, etc.
    DC could capture my interest if they did this....

Batman (Bruce Wayne) [adult]
    Nightwing (Dick Grayson) [teen]

Flash (Barry Allen) [adult]
    Kid Flash (original Wally West) [teen]

Green Arrow (Oliver Queen) [adult]
    Arsenal /Red Arrow (Roy Harper) [teen]

Wonder Woman (Diana Prince) [adult]
    Wonder Girl (Donna Troy) [teen]

Aquaman (Arthur Curry) [adult]
    Aqualad (Garth) [teen]

Hawkman (Katar Hol) [adult]
    Golden Eagle (Charley Parker) [teen]
    "History of the DC Universe" by Wolfman and Perez, when the DCU use to make sense.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Herowatcher View Post

Aqualad (Garth) [teen]

This actually sounds pretty darn cool to me. Plus, your avatar is AWESOME!

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Herowatcher View Post

Aqualad (Garth) [teen]

All is fine except what about Cassie, Bart, kal Duram (aqualad)

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by nightrider View Post
    kal Duram (aqualad)
    That's the only exception I make. I'm about a million times more interested in Kal/Aqualad.

BANNED

When bringing up the new 52 in other forums, I keep getting Tomasi's Batman and Robin thrown up at me as a great, current run. Being that Tomasi's Green Lantern Corps run is probably my favorite, I'm wondering how the mighty CBR members feel about this, please?

Quote Originally Posted by Götterdämmerung View Post
    When bringing up the new 52 in other forums, I keep getting Tomasi's Batman and Robin thrown up at me as a great, current run. Being that Tomasi's Green Lantern Corps run is probably my favorite, I'm wondering how the mighty CBR members feel about this, please?
    It's uneven, goes into dull runs here and there but has awesome Gleason art and some powerful stories like the revamped Two-Face origin. A lot of it is spent on various examinations of Damian Wayne, so I guess it helps if you're into that character.
    As of now:
    All-Star Batman, Batman, Doom Patrol, The Flash, The Fix, The Flintstones, Green Valley, Hadrian's Wall, The Hellblazer, Moonshine, New Super-Man, Suicide Squad, Superman, 'Tec, Unfollow

2.99 is still a bit to much for a bi-weekly book.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by TheNewFiftyForum View Post
    It's uneven, goes into dull runs here and there but has awesome Gleason art and some powerful stories like the revamped Two-Face origin. A lot of it is spent on various examinations of Damian Wayne, so I guess it helps if you're into that character.
    I'm especially grateful for the specifics, the Two Face origin sounds really good. Thank you!

Astonishing Member RobinFan4880's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Götterdämmerung View Post
    It a solid run, it is not amazing or astounding but there are some great issues in there.

I really liked the Requiem for Damian, the Big Burn, the Hunt for Robin and the Robin Rises story arcs. Pearl, Death of the Family and Born to kill were also enjoyable.

I know for sure I'll keep reading Gotham Academy. I'll give Harley another shot if Palmiotti and Conner aren't in charge anymore.