Page 33 of 36 FirstFirst ... 232930313233343536 LastLast
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Fairyprincess View Post

Firstly, no comic is 'important', they should be cheap disposable fun.
    Upon whose authority is that based? The individual fan should make the decision whether something is disposable, important, or anywhere in between. I damn sure do, and I'd think less of anyone who didn't judge things like that for themselves.
    Last edited by Götterdämmerung; 02-23-2016 at 10:51 AM.

BANNED

DC isn't necessarily telling anyone a book is "important". They might imply that a given book is where changes to a character or the overall universe might be occurring that will have ramifications on other books.

If that's not something a reader cares about, there's nothing stopping them from reading other books where nothing major is going to happen.

D*mned Prince of Gotham JasonTodd428's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by GlennSimpson View Post
    DC isn't necessarily telling anyone a book is "important". They might imply that a given book is where changes to a character or the overall universe might be occurring that will have ramifications on other books.

If that's not something a reader cares about, there's nothing stopping them from reading other books where nothing major is going to happen.
    By telling fans that a given book will have ramifications for the overall universe then they are in fact telling people that book is more important then another one, which doesn't have those ramifications attached to it.
    Supporting LION FORGE COMICS and other independent publishers.

Check out Lion Forge's Catalyst Prime Universe. Its the best damned superhero verse in comics. Diverse characters and interesting stories set in a universe where anyone can be a hero. And company that prides itself on representation both in the comics themselves and in the people behind them.

Oh my goodness gracious! I've been bamboozled!

When we hit our lowest point, we are open to the greatest change. AVATAR AANG

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by JasonTodd428 View Post
    By telling fans that a given book will have ramifications for the overall universe then they are in fact telling people that book is more important then another one, which doesn't have those ramifications attached to it.
    It's only more important if the shared universe is important to you. It's not necessarily important to everyone.

Astonishing Member AlexanderLuthor's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Fairyprincess View Post
    The one thing that annoys about comic fandom, it mainly marvel fans really, is when fans talk about 'important comics'.

Firstly, no comic is 'important', they should be cheap disposable fun.

Secondly, I dont like the idea that superman, justice league, or whatever continuity shaking 'event' has more worth then some little d-list character miniseries.

Its attitude's like that that lead to a lack of desverse storytelling in comics...!
    There are some people who spend a lot of money and time reading products that think they should "matter"...meaning there is at least a logical consistency between what you read last month and what you read this month. If that's not important to you, that's fine, but it does matter to many

Astonishing Member RobinFan4880's Avatar

All comics are important but some comics are more important than others.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by GlennSimpson View Post
    It's only more important if the shared universe is important to you. It's not necessarily important to everyone.
    Telling people that the protagonist of this particular comic is the greatest this or that is stating that this is the comic that's important.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Ascended View Post
    Well, a lot of cover prices are going from 3.99 (or more) to 2.99. So they are actually cheaper per issue.

The double shipping issue is a slightly different matter. Now instead of 4 or 5 bucks you'll be spending 6. However instead of getting 20 pages for your 4-5 dollars, you'll be getting 40 for 6. That's not a bad ratio, and much preferable to Marvel's double-shipping habits where the prices remain 4-5 bucks an issue.

And odds are nothing is forcing you to buy both issues the month they come out. By remaining one issue (two measly weeks) behind you'd still only be getting one issue a month, and also at a lower price. If your LCS doesnt allow that, perhaps you should consider finding a new one, going digital, or ordering online through one of the multitude of available options out there.
    relatively cheaper. if a person want to read more titles and doesn't has a big budget some books won't be pick up.
    also we don't know how many pages per issue, how consistent will be the writing , how decompressed it will be.

double ship 17 books, is really excessive.

Astonishing Member RobinFan4880's Avatar

I still don't see the problem with books double shipping. Honestly, the fact that we have stuck with the monthly format at all seems to be more of an artifact of a bygone era than anything else.
    Last edited by RobinFan4880; 02-24-2016 at 08:16 AM.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by RobinFan4880 View Post
    I still don't see the problem with books double shipping. Honestly, the fact that we have stuck with the monthly format at all seems to be more of an artifact of a by fine are than anything else.
    Right. Besides being less profitable when you sell your top books just once a month, that sked is just an excruciatingly slow way to tell a story.

Astonishing Member AlexanderLuthor's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by RobinFan4880 View Post
    I still don't see the problem with books double shipping. Honestly, the fact that we have stuck with the monthly format at all seems to be more of an artifact of a by fine are than anything else.
    Totally agree. If they only showed new episodes of TV shows once a month maybe the cable bill would be cheaper, but a really terrible way to tell a sequential story. The more product the better IMHO

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Trey Strain View Post
    Right. Besides being less profitable when you sell your top books just once a month, that sked is just an excruciatingly slow way to tell a story.
    double ship doesn't mean more profit, mean the double of atrition, more pencillers, inkers and colorists, less time to revisions.
    a comic double shipping doesn't mean the story won't be slow. the writer can slow down the pace, put more splash pages

BANNED

I'm glad they dropped the price a little (though I'd be gladder if they'd knocked it down even a little bit more). However, I'm first in line for my favorite titles, I'm in this for the long run. I'm a die hard for the comics I love, though I suspect that (bizarrely) my kind are nowhere near the sales target.

I do need to qualify and mention that I just came back to comics (after three and a half decades) last year. So my enthusiasm is still probably honeymoony to at least some extent.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Tayswift View Post
    double ship doesn't mean more profit, mean the double of atrition, more pencillers, inkers and colorists, less time to revisions.
    a comic double shipping doesn't mean the story won't be slow. the writer can slow down the pace, put more splash pages
    You aren't getting this. They're doubling up on the comics that sell and dropping the ones that don't.

Of course that's going to be more profitable.

D*mned Prince of Gotham JasonTodd428's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Götterdämmerung View Post
    I do need to qualify and mention that I just came back to comics (after three and a half decades) last year. So my enthusiasm is still probably honeymoony to at least some extent.
    That's quite a long spell. I myself was gone from comics for about a decade or so. I got back into them six or seven years ago and I'm still a bit honeymoony about them overall myself. Not sure yet if Rebirth will be for me but I am still planning on following the books that I've always loved at least and I am excited about those and also about what some of the creatives are going to be up to.
    Supporting LION FORGE COMICS and other independent publishers.

Check out Lion Forge's Catalyst Prime Universe. Its the best damned superhero verse in comics. Diverse characters and interesting stories set in a universe where anyone can be a hero. And company that prides itself on representation both in the comics themselves and in the people behind them.

Oh my goodness gracious! I've been bamboozled!

When we hit our lowest point, we are open to the greatest change. AVATAR AANG