Page 1 of 23 1234511 ... LastLast
    Astonishing Member

Default Green Lanterns: Rebirth? Green Lanterns?

Okay, just skimmed over CBR's article about Rebirth. Excited to know more of what Geoff's plans are and happy that Geoff, Ethan and Ivan will be helming DC Universe:Rebirth.

Just got confused/interested with Green Lanterns though. I know more info will be released about it but here are my initial thoughts, questions actually.

Green Lanterns? So this is a book about the earth GL's? So whoever stars in this book is most likely a part of the earth based Justice League?

Hal Jordan and the Green Lantern Corps? Does this mean that Hal will not appear in Green Lanterns? That Hal will be space bound again?

I wonder where this will leave Guy, Kyle, and John? Will they be evenly distributed between the two titles? I didn't see any White Lantern title.

I almost forgot about Jessica and Simon. My guess is they will be part of the space bound Corps.

BANNED

I like the idea of Jessica's ring being from Volthoom so I'm hoping we get to see more of her and learn more about her and her ring. I feel like she'd be more Earth Bound though while Kyle would be in Space probably with how they connected Kyle to a lot of Space adventures as of recent then a Earthbound character.

If the Green Lantern movie rumors are true I'm expecting to see more Hal/John team ups meaning they might both in space. I'm not sure about Guy but I feel like Baz and Cruz will be Earthbound for the most part.

BANNED

I'm going to speculate that "Hal Jordan and the Green Lantern Corps" will feature Hal and a smattering of Corps members in the background, while "Green Lanterns" will be the John/Guy book, also with some other Corps members around.

As for who, if any, are going to be on Earth, I dunno.

I'm not especially sure that the GL franchise can support two books, much less two twice-a-month books.

I'm kinda hoping "Green Lanterns" will be a bit more of a freeform anthology featuring random Lanterns - a la the old "Green Lantern Corps" backup,(so many amazing stories came from not having to be tied to a Big Event) while most likely also featuring one or more of the earth GL's.

Based on the silhouette poster, it certainly seems that Jessica will the resident earth GL for now...

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by j9ac9k View Post
    I'm kinda hoping "Green Lanterns" will be a bit more of a freeform anthology featuring random Lanterns - a la the old "Green Lantern Corps" backup,(so many amazing stories came from not having to be tied to a Big Event) while most likely also featuring one or more of the earth GL's.

Based on the silhouette poster, it certainly seems that Jessica will the resident earth GL for now...
    i totally missed jessica's silhouette. making "green lanterns" an anthology series sounds interesting. will the stories be about earthbound lanterns? who will be the creative team behind it. so many questions.

Jesus Christ, redeemer! The Whovian's Avatar

All I know is they better not forget about John
    “Now faith, hope, and love remain, and the greatest of these is love.”--1 Corinthians 13:13

“You had a dream; I have a plan”--Cyclops

“There's no point in being grown up if you can't be childish sometimes.”--The Doctor

Incredible Member

I just hope Venditti is very far away from these new titles.

Isn't there a rebirth book called Green Lanterns. I don't think they're forgetting about John.

They already had forgotten about John Stewart to be honest. DC doesn't give a damn about him and his fans.

Green Lanterns implies there's more then one Lantern involved, so I could see it being a book starring Jessica and potentially Simon so they can finally get around to those two interacting and give them both a title rather then shove them into limbo.

I imagine "Hal Jordan and the Green Lantern Corps." will have everybody else .

BANNED

Better not be Baz or Cruz, unless they're going into non-Lantern roles. But Geoff created them. which is not a good sign.
    Last edited by Trey Strain; 02-18-2016 at 09:14 PM.

Looking forward to Jessica Cruz as a Green Lantern. Green Lanterns will probably be Hal and John similar to the upcoming movie. The other Lanterns will probably be in the GL Corps title. Maybe even Charlie Vicker is still alive.

Incredible Member

I hope Green Lanterns is a Baz/Cruz book. Would be the first GL book I've picked up in a while.

The other book could be cool too if it's Hal, John, and Guy all in one book.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by SmokeMonster View Post
    I hope Green Lanterns is a Baz/Cruz book. Would be the first GL book I've picked up in a while.

The other book could be cool too if it's Hal, John, and Guy all in one book.
    So with four Earth Lanterns, we need two more? How so? Even four is too many. Kyle needs to do something else too.

Jessica Cruz is going to be a GL after the Darkseid War. After all, there's an image of her teased in the JL on the end of the new Rebirth clip. So I assume those rumors about her starring in Green Lanterns are true.