Page 23 of 23 FirstFirst ... 131920212223
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Sodam Yat View Post
    For some reason I feel confused and dizzy reading this. So I don't know where to start Sorry about that.

To be honest, fans of a character will constantly complain regardless if their character don't get the desired treatment that the fans want. And John Stewart is certainly not the only character users on this forum and others complain about. Look at what happened to Wally, where his fans constantly complain about his treatment, characterization and other things. And I don't blame them from that. Although, I admit Wally seems to be in a worse position than John. But everyone has the right to say something where they don't agree with, even if they harp on it, whether you agree with it or not.

Well I do admit reading the comments including mine gave me a few laughs
    Ewwps, this reminds me that I errouneously attributed things to Desh when it was actually Sodam. Apologies to Sodam and corrected above.

Heh. Yeah, I wasn't the one saying the "I don't care" stuff. Like I said earlier, I'm kinda' past the point about getting wound up over what DC does. I don't have any direct input on that so what they do is just what they do, and it's out of my hands. All I can do is choose whether to buy it or not. I mean, I may still say something about not liking what their output is, but it doesn't really frustrate me these days... because, what's the point? I'll just not buy it/do my own thing/spend my money on stuff I like.
    Last edited by Desh; 03-03-2016 at 01:03 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Götterdämmerung View Post
    Ewwps, this reminds me that I errouneously attributed things to Desh when it was actually Sodam. Apologies to Sodam and corrected above.
    Oh so it was me you were mentioning. Haha thanks, man. No need for apologies

Quote Originally Posted by Desh View Post
    Heh. Yeah, I wasn't the one saying the "I don't care" stuff. Like I said earlier, I'm kinda' past the point about getting wound up over what DC does. I don't have any direct input on that so what they do is just what they do, and it's out of my hands. All I can do is choose whether to buy it or not. I mean, I may still say something about not liking what their output is, but it doesn't really frustrate me these days... because, what's the point? I'll just not buy it/do my own thing/spend my money on stuff I like.
    Other than the status of John Stewart's future with DC, I'm really looking forward to your project. I actually look more forward to your work than DC's work on John, since you provide just about everything that a John fan would want. I'm also considering on taking art, mainly because of John Stewart.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Sodam Yat View Post

Other than the status of John Stewart's future with DC, I'm really looking forward to your project. I actually look more forward to your work than DC's work on John, since you provide just about everything that a John fan would want. I'm also considering on taking art, mainly because of John Stewart.
    With Desh we can trust there will be stories with both a firm knowledge and fandom of John's character. That reliability just seems to not be there with DC, and as we all know not just in the case of John. Please read that knowing that the overwhelming majority of the comics I read are DC.
    Last edited by Götterdämmerung; 03-04-2016 at 04:40 AM.

I'm extremely honored and flattered. Thanks a lot, guys. I know this is a simple reply, but it is very genuine.

As for DC, my understanding is that they ask for pitches and writers send them in. That doesn't really mean those writers are big fans of the properties they work on, that they have great understanding or appreciation for the histories of those things, or that they've been sitting around painstakingly planning out stories about them. So we get a lot of stuff that's half baked or just okay, especially since most of the writers probably aren't willing to offer their best stuff to properties they don't have the rights to. Then you have to count in the editorial shenanigans, too. Also, sometimes... maybe even a lot of the time, the writers just aren't that great.
    Last edited by Desh; 03-03-2016 at 07:41 PM.