Page 3 of 23 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Trey Strain View Post
    I bet the Guardians will stay gone and, owing to his greatness, Hal will lead the GLC. Meanwhile, Baz and Cruz will cut the camera time for the those "other" GLs to zilch.

Does any other DC character have his civilian name on the cover of a comic? I can't think of one.
    Indeed pissing off your fanbase a good way to close the gap on Marvel

BANNED

Geoff recognized the blunder DC had made when it crammed Kyle down readers' throats, yet here he is doing the same thing with his own creations, Baz and Cruz. Nobody wanted them or called for this. It's his own initiative.

BANNED

DC's weakness in my book has been clear for years a clear and crippling bias against characters that Top Brass doesnt like combine that with a major over reliance on the Bat Fam, dumb continuity issues (5 year timeline) and disgraceful treatment of the legacies people actually care about (shown mostly in their young justice line).

This thread is really something. Power Ring is playing a minor role in last two arcs of JL and Simon hasn't been seen for ages till recently he appeared in Oblivion. And Johns is ramming these characters down our throats? DC doesn't care about John, but he is having, smaller or bigger, presence every month? What the **** you are talking about people.

BANNED

John got reduced from leading a book (to that book getting its arc truncated and cancelled despite acceptable sales numbers) to playing second fiddle to Guy in a new book. No John fan is going to celebrate that BS, its the cycle of John he gets a good book it sells but then DC cancels it moves him into the background of another book and use his name to sell said book.

Johns is about to ram them down our throat. Hal has his name on a cover and Cruz has been hinted at for Green Lanterns already.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by HsssH View Post
    This thread is really something. Power Ring is playing a minor role in last two arcs of JL and Simon hasn't been seen for ages till recently he appeared in Oblivion. And Johns is ramming these characters down our throats? DC doesn't care about John, but he is having, smaller or bigger, presence every month? What the f%%% you are talking about people.
    How can you use the f-word and that's OK?

Quote Originally Posted by JaggedFel View Post
    John got reduced from leading a book (to that book getting its arc truncated and cancelled despite acceptable sales numbers) to playing second fiddle to Guy in a new book. No John fan is going to celebrate that BS, its the cycle of John he gets a good book it sells but then DC cancels it moves him into the background of another book and use his name to sell said book.
    What are you talking about? Using "his name"? Green Lantern Corps is John's name now?

BANNED

His name in solicits and interviews duh dont be as obtuse as your avatar.

http://www.dccomics.com/comics/green...-of-oblivion-1

I don't see any mentions of him in these solicits. Guy is mentioned once (in solicit of fourth issue), nobody else is mentioned. And I suppose writers shouldn't talk about John in interviews because he is not a lead character? Probably interviewers shouldn't ask about him either.

Mighty Member

Why are people blaming Geoff Johns for these books? He is likely not writing either of them. Rebirth may be partially his brainchild but I really doubt he hand picked every book title and I don't think he'd have much input in the writing process for these because he is not an editor.

It's hard to speculate about these books at all because we know NOTHING about them. Jessica will probably be in the GLs title because most of the bc rumours were correct and the female GL silhouette, and Hal will obviously be in the GLC book, but that's literally all we know. Nobody has indicated where John, Guy, Baz or Kyle will be, we don't even know who the writers are.

Quote Originally Posted by Trey Strain View Post
    I bet the Guardians will stay gone and, owing to his greatness, Hal will lead the GLC. Meanwhile, Baz and Cruz will cut the camera time for the those "other" GLs to zilch.

Does any other DC masked super-hero have his civilian name on the cover of a comic? I can't think of one.

After his great initial success, I think the failure of the emotional spectrum should have told everyone that Geoff had no more good ideas for Green Lantern and that it was time for him to focus elsewhere.
    I hope they don't make Hal the corps leader again, 20+ issues of him sucking at it was enough for me.

I've noticed that in media adaptations they refer to Hal as Hal nearly as often as they call him Green Lantern, in stuff like the LEGO movies or Superhero Girls he's usually labeled as Hal.

Considering that Geoff left GL nearly three years ago I think he has spent sufficient time on other things, I'm not sure how much of what might be happening in these upcoming books you can pin on him.

Quote Originally Posted by vartox View Post
    Why are people blaming Geoff Johns for these books? He is likely not writing either of them. Rebirth may be partially his brainchild but I really doubt he hand picked every book title and I don't think he'd have much input in the writing process for these because he is not an editor.

It's hard to speculate about these books at all because we know NOTHING about them. Jessica will probably be in the GLs title because most of the bc rumours were correct and the female GL silhouette, and Hal will obviously be in the GLC book, but that's literally all we know. Nobody has indicated where John, Guy, Baz or Kyle will be, we don't even know who the writers are.

I hope they don't make Hal the corps leader again, 20+ issues of him sucking at it was enough for me.

I've noticed that in media adaptations they refer to Hal as Hal nearly as often as they call him Green Lantern, in stuff like the LEGO movies or Superhero Girls he's usually labeled as Hal.

Considering that Geoff left GL nearly three years ago I think he has spent sufficient time on other things, I'm not sure how much of what might be happening in these upcoming books you can pin on him.
    what vartox said.

Well I guess those rumors about DC brass feeling threatened about John Stewart's popularity were true
    Now they are just gonna brand all GL properties with Hal's name to make sure you remember he's the star

BANNED

Johns is still part of the DC Leadership and we all know what he did to Stewart during his GL RUn. Come on Hal has his name on the cover and Johns worships at Jordan's altar u do the math.

a damn shame about sinestro. very quiet/steady/steady book.
    Last edited by Adset; 02-19-2016 at 11:17 AM.

I would definitely be interested in seeing Jessica Cruz headlining her own ongoing for a little while, I'm really liking her so far in Justice League not to mention her ring actually being an evil being that at any point could control her is an interesting twist to the green lantern story.

What has my attention is Hal Jordan and the Green Lantern Corps because currently Hal Jordan made it look like he was a criminal while quiting the Corps and became one of the most wanted people in the universe, not to mention Stewart saw him lock them in the past in the last issue of Lost Army. I mean if he is back will he even have a ring or even be trusted by anyone within the lantern corps?
    "It's fun and it's cool, so that's all that matters. It's what comics are for, Duh."
    Words to live by.