Page 4 of 23 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by HsssH View Post
    http://www.dccomics.com/comics/green...-of-oblivion-1

I don't see any mentions of him in these solicits. Guy is mentioned once (in solicit of fourth issue), nobody else is mentioned. And I suppose writers shouldn't talk about John in interviews because he is not a lead character? Probably interviewers shouldn't ask about him either.
    So you're telling us that when Green Lantern Corps: Edge of Oblivion is initially advertised like this:

Taylor also gets his chance to go cosmic with GREEN LANTERN CORPS: EDGE OF OBLIVION. Featuring art by fan-favorite Ethan Van Sciver, this series picks up where GREEN LANTERN: LOST ARMY left off, with a John Stewart-led GL Corps still seeking a way home, but with the universe around them on the verge of total collapse! Along the way they’ll face dying gods, worlds torn asunder and a desperate group of survivors whose only hope is this band of ring-bearing cosmic heroes.
    http://www.dccomics.com/blog/2015/10...s-this-january

And when we BUY and read the book only to discover John Stewart is a background stooge, John Stewart's fans should be completely okay with that and not say anything about it?
    Really? It's bad enough shoving your top black hero (it's not like DC has a lot of characters like that with their own books after all) in the background (again), and cancelling his book when it didn't need to be cancelled (again), but misleading his fans into buying something they likely won't like is just going to upset them even further. How you can not understand that, I don't know. But it seems you're not alone, as DC has trouble understanding this, too. Either that, or they don't care. Probably some of both.
    Last edited by Desh; 02-19-2016 at 09:16 AM.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by colonyofcells View Post
    The rumor is that Jessica Cruz will have her own title and this is probably Green Lanterns and her partner I hope is Gnort. Kyle Rayner is hispanic so maybe Kyle will hook up with Jessica Cruz. Kyle Rayner was the main green lantern for a few years.
    If Kyle wasn't Hispanic would that lessen his chances?? I think their age closeness would be a better mention. Anyways I wonder if Jade is coming back if we're speaking of Kyle romances.

I would like to see an earth 2 Jade. For prime earth Jade, maybe reboot her as a regular Green Lantern.

BANNED

Earth 2 Jade yes but no to Prime Jade we dont need more human Green Lanterns.

Jade was a regular Green Lantern for a short time and there is no need to forget old Green Lanterns like Jade, Charlie Vicker, etc. There may or may not be too many earth Lanterns but it is too late now to change history :
    http://www.comics.org/issue/62494/cover/4/
    http://www.comics.org/issue/104865/cover/4/
    Last edited by colonyofcells; 02-19-2016 at 09:34 AM.

Speaking of Jade, many are assuming Jessica is that silhouetted figure in that Rebirth image DC released, but it actually could be Jade. She is a "legacy" character that was wiped out with the New 52 who could be 'reborn'. One of those characters also looks like Wally West and a classic Jay Garrick. I'm not sure if that's been mentioned yet, but I actually think it's a good chance that character is Jade, and likely has nothing to do with the Green Lanterns book.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by colonyofcells View Post
    Jade was a regular Green Lantern for a short time and there is no need to forget old Green Lanterns like Jade, Charlie Vicker, etc.
    As I said Earth 2 fine but we got enough Human GLs fighting for Panel time already dont really need another one

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Desh View Post
    Speaking of Jade, many are assuming Jessica is that silhouetted figure in that Rebirth image DC released, but it actually could be Jade. She is a "legacy" character that was wiped out with the New 52 who could be 'reborn'. One of those characters also looks like Wally West and a classic Jay Garrick. I'm not sure if that's been mentioned yet, but I actually think it's a good chance that character is Jade, and likely has nothing to do with the Green Lanterns book.
    I'd like to see Jade back, although if the female GL figure is meant to be Jade I assume she will have something to do with one if the GL books since the silhouette has a GL corps logo on it. Jade's logo was a starburst, not a lantern, except for when she was a GLC member.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Desh View Post
    So you're telling us that when Green Lantern Corps: Edge of Oblivion is initially advertised like this:

http://www.dccomics.com/blog/2015/10...s-this-january

And when we BUY and read the book only to discover John Stewart is a background stooge, John Stewart's fans should be completely okay with that and not say anything about it?
    Really? It's bad enough shoving your top black hero (it's not like DC has a lot of characters like that with their own books after all) in the background (again), and cancelling his book when it didn't need to be cancelled (again), but misleading his fans into buying something they likely won't like is just going to upset them even further. How you can not understand that, I don't know. But it seems you're not alone, as DC has trouble understanding this, too. Either that, or they don't care. Probably some of both.
    I'm pretty sure DC doesn't spend a lot of time worrying about people who like John Stewart and ONLY like John Stewart. Most people like John as part of the overall GL franchise.

Fantastic Member DeathFalcon182's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Nite-Wing View Post
    Well I guess those rumors about DC brass feeling threatened about John Stewart's popularity were true
    Now they are just gonna brand all GL properties with Hal's name to make sure you remember he's the star
    Do people actually believe this or they just say this stuff because they want to s%&tpost?

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by DeathFalcon182 View Post
    Do people actually believe this or they just say this stuff because they want to s%&tpost?
    Actually, I have no doubt that they are trying to get the name "Hal Jordan" out there to build familiarity to help when the movie eventually comes out.

That said, I don't think it's any kinda of issue of feeling "threatened" beyond wanting to leverage the name that has the best chance of success. At worst, they are failing to try to buck the historic trend of downplaying minorities in Hollywood.

Quote Originally Posted by DeathFalcon182 View Post
    Some people do believe that (and they are entitled to), but I just don't understand passing it off as fact. Some of John's fans are very hardcore and draw a very hard line with what is acceptable. John has a large number of fans, not all of them think alike. This is all fine but again, passing it off as fact does nothing.
    Of course, I dare. I'm Hal Jordan.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by GlennSimpson View Post
    I'm pretty sure DC doesn't spend a lot of time worrying about people who like John Stewart and ONLY like John Stewart.
    I totally believe this.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by GlennSimpson View Post
    Actually, I have no doubt that they are trying to get the name "Hal Jordan" out there to build familiarity to help when the movie eventually comes out.

That said, I don't think it's any kinda of issue of feeling "threatened" beyond wanting to leverage the name that has the best chance of success. At worst, they are failing to try to buck the historic trend of downplaying minorities in Hollywood.
    Best Chance of Success? This is the same Hal Jordan who flopped spectacularly at the Box Office? Its not going to help at all comic fans already know who Hal Jordan is and GA you need for movies don't read comics.

Fantastic Member DeathFalcon182's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by JaggedFel View Post
    Best Chance of Success? This is the same Hal Jordan who flopped spectacularly at the Box Office? Its not going to help at all comic fans already know who Hal Jordan is and GA you need for movies don't read comics.
    Batman and Robin also failed at box office and critically. I'm really not understanding your argument.