Page 1 of 8 12345 ... LastLast
    Extraordinary Member Dr. Poison's Avatar

Default DC Hints that the Perez Version of WW is Coming Back in Rebirth

From: http://www.bleedingcool.com/2016/02/...rom-dc-comics/

There’s a Wonder Woman closer to the George Perez interpretation…

Please please please let this be the case!
    Currently(or soon to be) Reading: Alan Scott: Green Lantern, Batman/Superman: World's Finest, Fire & Ice: Welcome to Smallville, Green Arrow, Green Lantern, Jay Garrick: The Flash, Justice Society of America, Power Girl, Superman, Shazam, Titans, Wesley Dodds: Sandman, Wonder Woman, & World's Finest: Teen Titans.

This probably has legs to it. I don't see Phil Jimenez taking on any DC project unless Wonder Woman reverts to her pre-Azzarello destruction given how vocal he's been in criticizing the New 52 incarnation of Diana. And he's one of the artists for the 80-page special in May.

BANNED

for me whatever, just zeus not being WW father is a good start for me

I'm still fine with Zeus as her father, but never was married to it so if they want to go back to the clay, whatevs. Just, for the most part, work the changes into the history built over five years is all I ask. Doing that to fix the Amazons, if they want to fix them, might be a tall order that probably will require some out-and-out retcons which I would understand. But, I want the effort put forth to keep the history established up to this point for the most part.
    Last edited by Sacred Knight; 02-18-2016 at 05:36 PM.
    "They can be a great people Kal-El, they wish to be. They only lack the light to show the way. For this reason above all, their capacity for good, I have sent them you. My only son." - Jor-El

Extraordinary Member

Yea but the video also hinted at the Legion Of Superheroes coming back and that wasn't one of the books announced...

With them doing this in stages though, its possible that the Legion hinting isn't necessarily wrong, just that its not something that's on the slate till 2017.
    "They can be a great people Kal-El, they wish to be. They only lack the light to show the way. For this reason above all, their capacity for good, I have sent them you. My only son." - Jor-El

Quote Originally Posted by Hypo View Post
    Yea but the video also hinted at the Legion Of Superheroes coming back and that wasn't one of the books announced...

Yet or perhaps the team is featured in one of the announced books and we just don't realize it yet.
    Currently(or soon to be) Reading: Alan Scott: Green Lantern, Batman/Superman: World's Finest, Fire & Ice: Welcome to Smallville, Green Arrow, Green Lantern, Jay Garrick: The Flash, Justice Society of America, Power Girl, Superman, Shazam, Titans, Wesley Dodds: Sandman, Wonder Woman, & World's Finest: Teen Titans.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Sacred Knight View Post
    With them doing this in stages though, its possible that the Legion hinting isn't necessarily wrong, just that its not something that's on the slate till 2017.
    Seems kind of odd for them to tease it then given that non of the books slated for past-July have a month associated with them, just "Fall".

Incredible Member

Sounds interesting. From the interview with CBR, there seems to be a focus on returning "classic" supporting casts in a strong manner.

For Wonder Woman, surely that could only mean Amazons who are more inspirational and less ... barbaric, Steve Trevor as a evil-fighting (and romantic) partner, Etta Candy, Artemis and hopefully a Wonder Girl who actually has a strong connection to, friendship with and teacher/student relationship with Wonder Woman. And I certainly wouldn't be opposed to the return of the clay origin.

That typed, I would be happy to see Fabok's Wonder Woman costume remain. Perhaps with a few tweaks to bring it a little closer to the more "classic" swimsuit design in terms of the colours.

Actually a return to more Perez like themes is possibly bad news for Steve...we're talking about the origin that outright removed him from her life in every meaningful way. I'm not saying you can't merge ideas with ease, but considering how little they've used Steve in Wonder Woman to date, this doesn't exactly inspire the utmost confidence of a return to a pre-Crisis form between Diana and Steve.

Perez's Steve Trevor was about as far as a romantic partner for Diana one could get. Indeed, he was Etta Candy's husband.

Wonder Girl? It needs to be Donna Troy. Perez had to work with the post CRISIS confines in his run but he was able to establish a sisterly relationship between Donna and Diana. Byrne's was a quirky twist. He took it too far by making Donna a piece of Diana's soul.

I don't know what to conclude from that video.

DC, why are y'all playing with my feelings like this?
    “You see…the rest of them are soldiers. But [Wonder Woman] is an artist.”

I only support the made of clay origin.

Quote Originally Posted by Largo161 View Post
    I don't know what to conclude from that video.

DC, why are y'all playing with my feelings like this?
    The silhouettes that open the video are certainly interesting.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Sacred Knight View Post
    Actually a return to more Perez like themes is possibly bad news for Steve...we're talking about the origin that outright removed him from her life in every meaningful way. I'm not saying you can't merge ideas with ease, but considering how little they've used Steve in Wonder Woman to date, this doesn't exactly inspire the utmost confidence of a return to a pre-Crisis form between Diana and Steve.
    Nah, they doesn't need to do exactly like perez. Renae De liz is doing a mix between marston and perez and has a young steve trevor. He will be her love interest again, specially with movies

Quote Originally Posted by Tayswift View Post
    Nah, they doesn't need to do exactly like perez. Renae De liz is doing a mix between marston and perez and has a young steve trevor. He will be her love interest again, specially with movies

Agreed. They could use the Perez origin but have Steve be young and available for Diana. Keep Steve's New 52 Argus position and you have the best of both worlds.