Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 3456789 LastLast
    BANNED

Talking Happy Birthday Carlos Pacheco!!!

Avengers: West Coast Avengers: Omnibus: Volume 2 (Carlos Pacheco Cover)
    http://comicvine.gamespot.com/carlos-pacheco/4040-3590/

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Panic View Post
    I used to like the book. It had a much more "family" vibe to it than the main Avengers book, and I never felt one hero took the spotlight at another's expense, which is something that happens a lot these days.
    I too found the series to have a much more "family" vibe to it than the main Avengers book.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by 616MarvelYear is LeapYear View Post
    It sure made me sad that Bob Hall did not stay on as the artist on the ongoing series
    I'll call your Bob Hall and raise you disappointment that they also didn't keep Roger Stern on the title (admittedly, his intent was never to actually have a spinoff title, but to just be able to utilize both "coasts" in the Avengers book.)

BANNED

Very much agree.

I too found the series to have a much more "family" vibe to it than the main Avengers book.
    I think it had more of a family vibe in the first half of the book with Clint, Bobbi, Tigra, Simon, and Tony. But it sort of lost that once Byrne took over (and perhaps a little before that). Not that I'm knocking Byrnes run on it because it was great... but I felt the book sort of lost something that it never entirely got back.

BANNED

Avengers West Coast #80 Mar 1992
    Operation: Galactic Storm. Part 2. "Turn of the Sentry!"
    The militaristic Kree and the matriarchal Shi'ar are at war, and the Earth is caught in the crossfire.

It's a three-way battle royal. It's the Kree vs. the Shi'ar vs. the Avengers for the life of professional sidekick Rick Jones.

Story continues in Quasar #32.

BANNED

Avengers West Coast #81 Apr 1992
    Operation: Galactic Storm. Part 9. "They also Serve..."
    Story continued from Captain America #399. The intergalactic Empires known as the Kree and Shi'ar are at war and planet Earth is caught in the middle.
    While, two Avengers teams have been sent to meet with the heads of the warring factions, a third team has been left behind to guard the homefront.

And, it's a good thing to because the war has just spilled over.

Story continues in Quasar #33.

Avengers West Coast #81 Apr 1992
    Operation: Galactic Storm. Part 9. "They also Serve..."
    Story continued from Captain America #399. The intergalactic Empires known as the Kree and Shi'ar are at war and planet Earth is caught in the middle.
    While, two Avengers teams have been sent to meet with the heads of the warring factions, a third team has been left behind to guard the homefront.

And, it's a good thing to because the war has just spilled over.

Story continues in Quasar #33.
    I think this was my favorite instalment of the whole storyline, and that is saying a LOT.
    (Though shame on Roy Thomas for not knowing that, unlike Hercules, Gilgamesh can fly)

Peace

Quote Originally Posted by Cthulhudrew View Post
    I'll call your Bob Hall and raise you disappointment that they also didn't keep Roger Stern on the title (admittedly, his intent was never to actually have a spinoff title, but to just be able to utilize both "coasts" in the Avengers book.)
    I have to agree. I'm not a fan of Englehart's writing or Milgrom's art. The only saving grace was the Sinnott inks.
    The book really didn't take off until Byrne took over.
    It's ashame that he never got to finish telling his stories.
    I always wondered where the book would have went under Stern and Hall.

http://www.cbr.com/mantis-avengers-f...B-P&view=lista

Englehart's run on WCA was my least favorite, and John Byrne was John Byrne, but I've always regreted not seeing where Englehart was going with this two teams approach. Giant Man (Bill Foster) seemed like he was going to join Mockingbird's team (I'm attributting his leaving the team in-page to Englehart cleaning house due to his own imminent departure), and there were rumors that DD and the Black Widow would, eventually join the team (With only Tigra and Moon Knight, Mockingbird's team still seemed understaffed and underpowered, even with the addition of Giant Man) . I wonder who else would pass through before the climax of the story-line (in all probability with WCA #50)

Peace

GO WEST!!!!! Life is peaceful there! LOL

I used to love love love WCA!

I remember that super sized annual!

Quote Originally Posted by Phoenixx9 View Post
    I used to love love love WCA!

I remember that super sized annual!
    Yeah, I miss those annuals. Those East/West Coast annuals with the softball games were fun. I was hoping we'd get back to those once we got multiple Avenger teams (maybe in the Heroic age after Siege). Ah well...

Not to be un-optimistic, but those days are long gone!

Recently, I've been reading the Avengers Under Seige Epic Collection, and came acoss a four page Marvel Age insert that I'd never seen before. In t, Zemo has most of the Avengers and their allies under survailence and while checking on the WCA, he refers to Firebird as the official sixth member of the team. Wonder what happened for that not to come true in the books pages. IMHO, Hawkeye, Mockingbird, Tigra, Iron Man, Wonder Man and Firebird would have made an amazing line-up.

Peace