• Kristin Wells

0 0%
  • Power Gir/Earth 2 Kara Zor-L

1 33.33%
  • Other

0 0%
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Default Superwoman Discussion

So I've started this thread based on today's announcement of a Superwoman book coming as part of DC Rebirth.

Let the speculation begin while we wait for details, possibly late March when creative teams are announced.

Who will wear the S? My guess is Power Girl, serving as Superwoman in a sister book to Earth 2.

Whatcha think?

Fantastic Member

I think that Lois is going to get Superpowers.

Quote Originally Posted by dangleo61288 View Post
    I think that Lois is going to get Superpowers.
    That was actually a joke created by another cbr poster.

He made it up, but he made it up based off plausible theories. Something substantial happens to Lois at the end of the Super League story, which is where the idea she might gain powers comes from.
    "They can be a great people Kal-El, they wish to be. They only lack the light to show the way. For this reason above all, their capacity for good, I have sent them you. My only son." - Jor-El

Quote Originally Posted by Sacred Knight View Post
    He made it up, but he made it up based off plausible theories. Something substantial happens to Lois at the end of the Super League story, which is where the idea she might gain powers comes from.
    Interesting, I didn't know that

Quote Originally Posted by billee0918 View Post
    . . . Who will wear the S? My guess is Power Girl, serving as Superwoman in a sister book to Earth 2.
    That would be my guess as well, since I thought it had been said (in Supergirl) that Kara from Earth 2 was older than prime Earth Kara, and she gave the rights to the Power Girl name to Tanya Spears when she returned to Earth 2 (back in Worlds' Finest).

Astonishing Member

Superwoman usually heralds the end.

Kristin Wells was Superwoman just before COIE.

Lucy Lane was Superwoman just before the new 52.

It's really odd that a Superwoman is being introduced at Rebirth.

Savior of the Universe Flash Gordon's Avatar

I'd be more than open to it being Earth 2 Kara, on an Earth 2 that wasn't so ridiculous.

My guess is that it isn’t Lois. Lois as Superwoman doesn’t really fit the iconic element criteria that DC has been talking about for Rebirth.
    Pull list: Action Comics, Aquaman, Batgirl, Batman, Detective Comics, Earth 2: Society, Flintstones, Future Quest, Green Arrow, Hal Jordan & Green Lantern Corp, Harley Quinn, Injustice: Gods Among Us, Justice League, Justice League of America, New Suicide Squad, Nightwing, Red Hood, Scooby Apocalypse, Superman, Teen Titans, The Flash, Titans, Wacky Raceland

I don't suppose there's any chance of getting new stories about the Superwoman of Earth-Three, but it would be nice. VOLTHOOM! :-)

Quote Originally Posted by RoyImpulse View Post
    My guess is that it isn’t Lois. Lois as Superwoman doesn’t really fit the iconic element criteria that DC has been talking about for Rebirth.
    Who's iconic Superwoman? There have been a few people who have had the name, but Lois is associated with it just as much, if not moreso, than anybody else. I mean, she was the first in Action Comics #60 (1943).

I'm not saying that the new Superwoman will be Lois, or that I'm eager for her to be Superwoman. I just think that she has merit as a candidate.

Fantastic Member

Faora, Lois and Lucy Lane

Amazing Member

Its Power Girl on Earth 2 hence it follows the Earth 2 special and doesn't have a special of its own in my opinion

BANNED

Linda danvers would be nice,but that is a long shot.

I'm guessing it will be powergirl Karen getting top S billing on earth 2.Marvel graduateD ms marvel to Captain marvel,and I would be happy If they did the same with karen,she deserves it.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by misslane View Post
    Who's iconic Superwoman? There have been a few people who have had the name, but Lois is associated with it just as much, if not moreso, than anybody else. I mean, she was the first in Action Comics #60 (1943).

I'm not saying that the new Superwoman will be Lois, or that I'm eager for her to be Superwoman. I just think that she has merit as a candidate.
    there is also superwoman on all-star superman