Default I'm reading "Our Worlds at War" TPB, and I'm confused!

I picked up the Superman Our Worlds at War- Complete Edition TPB. As I'm reading it, I'm feeling lost, like that there are missing plot points. Does anyone know if there are vital issues that were not included when they created the "complete edition" trade of Worlds at War?

Phantom Zone Escapee manofsteel1979's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by tib2d2 View Post
    I picked up the Superman Our Worlds at War- Complete Edition TPB. As I'm reading it, I'm feeling lost, like that there are missing plot points. Does anyone know if there are vital issues that were not included when they created the "complete edition" trade of Worlds at War?
    Well, you'd have to elaborate on what plot points you are confused about so we can point you in the right direction.

I will say is the OWAW is really the climax of the Jeph Loeb/Joe Kelly helmed run of the Super-titles that started with SUPERMAN vol2 #151 and ran through the Supertitles thereafter. Primarily most of the important plot points that pay off in OWAW are in Jeph Loeb's written SUPERMAN run (starting with the aforementioned #151) and Joe Kelly's ACTION run starting at issue #760. The other titles (ADVENTURES OF SUPERMAN and MAN OF STEEL) do cross over with those two aforementioned titles as this was during the last days of the "Triangle era" of weekly Superman continuity,and there is some good stuff there (particularly MOS if you are a fan of John Henry Irons a.k.a. STEEL),but most of what you need to know will be in SUPERMAN and ACTION from that era. I highly recommend the whole run from then to just after OWAW. It was the last time it felt like DC were really taking chances with the franchise and committed to trying to do good mainstream Superman comics. Then everything kind of fell apart shortly thereafter (Superman in therapy, anyone? ugh.) and just got worse when Dan DiDio took over the DCU....but that's another story.

Mercenary Agent of Wolfram & Hart's Avatar

It's been a while since I read it, but I remember it missing some tie ins, nothing major though