Incredible Member

Default Speculation on Cyclops

So with the fact that Shiro was involved with what Xyclops did made me have a thought. Could it be something Apocalypse eelated. Cyclops did have him in his head for a long time and Shiro was a horseman. Not only that but didnt an interview say this was a more classic Poccy compared to Blood of Apocalpse and other recent appereances. If somehow part of the Poccy was still in Cyclops that would be a great way to have Cyclops "die" by something like Poccy taking over his body, or Ctclops giving it to him having fallen under the idea of mutabt survival.

BANNED

I hope that the rumors or speculation or fan fic whatever it was on 4chan was actually right. That's what I hope for at this point

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by primetime21 View Post
    I hope that the rumors or speculation or fan fic whatever it was on 4chan was actually right. That's what I hope for at this point
    Those "rumors" had nothing to do with Apocalypse, so if they're true that most likely means no Cyclops until after Apocalypse Wars. They also involved Quentin Quire who has been MIA with no mentions of being around.

Marvel did say one of the new horsemen would be an XMan and that it would be shocking. That could be Cyclops...

Quote Originally Posted by VilotorioFabiano View Post
    Those "rumors" had nothing to do with Apocalypse, so if they're true that most likely means no Cyclops until after Apocalypse Wars. They also involved Quentin Quire who has been MIA with no mentions of being around.

Marvel did say one of the new horsemen would be an XMan and that it would be shocking. That could be Cyclops...
    Or Quentin...

It's the noodle incident.
    Dark does not mean deep.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Runarc View Post
    Or Quentin...
    IMO, he'd be way more shocking than Cyclops. But I think Marvel thinks that we all believe Cyclops is DEAD because of that horribly disgusting thing he did that we can't speak of. I think that's what would make Cyclops "shocking" from their pov.

Twitter: @theprattlp donpricetag's Avatar

I'd stop worrying about it. This moved from "mysterious" to asinine the moment they told us everyone knows and hates him, but left the reader out. The fun about reading a mystery is finding out as the characters do not them knowing and dancing around it with annoying non descript pronouns and vague adjectives. The writers are telling us how to feel and react instead of letting us make up our own minds. I've already reacted to it and I don't even know... I stopped reading it.
    Guild Member
    Realistically speaking about fictional matters. | Nutcases need not respond. | Stay outta my DMs. | Why does the "House of Ideas" keep duplicating characters?! | If an idea or belief cannot stand up to criticism it's probably... bad.

I wouldn't be completely against this idea. I think it could work if done right and it makes sense with respect to Cyclops' history with Apocalypse, which most writers don't even reference anymore. It could certainly be the case that in order for Cyclops to save the mutant race from another M-day, he would willingly succumb to the influence of Apocalypse. That could certainly count as the egregious crime that everyone is talking about, him succumbing to Apocalypse because he thought it would help them defeat the Inhumans. It clearly didn't work. For reasons we still don't know, he lost and ended up dead. Apocalypse Wars might just reveal he didn't stay dead, nor did he free himself of Apocalypse's influence. However, I don't see how that would be too shocking, him being a horseman of Apocalypse. I think Kid Omega being a horseman would be much more shocking, especially if there's any truth to the 4chan rumor and part of it was already vindicated when it successfully predicted the location of X-Haven. So there are plenty of possibilities.

Right now, if I had to chose, I would favor the 4chan rumor. It has Kid Omega being the catalyst for the conflict with Cyclops getting caught in the crossfire. I think that would not undermine his character nearly as much as him willingly submitting to Apocalypse, knowing full well the history of how that tends to work out. Cyclops submitting to Apocalypse might work in the sense that he'd be doing it for the right reasons, trying to save his people. But I think it would completely undermine everything he accomplished up into Uncanny X-men #600 and off-panel no less. I think that would be just a huge detriment to his character and something that would be almost impossible to come back from, absent a retcon or time travel.

If Apocalypse Wars wanted to do something really shocking, then it should reveal that Cyclops is actually the only remaining X-man leading the fight against Apocalypse in the future. He could become sort of like Cable in a sense, being the last hope against stopping him. It would offer some badly needed balance to the whole Cyclops-is-evil-and-everyone-must-hate-him rhetoric that we've been seeing since EXM began. However, I don't get the sense that this is the direction Marvel will go. For whatever reason, they're intent on making Cyclops a villain, no matter how much damage is done to his character.
    Join me on the official website for X-men Supreme, home of Marvel Universe 1015. Want a fresh take on X-men? Click below to enter the official home of Marvel at it's most Supreme!

Or if you want, check out my YouTube channel, Jack's World.

Quote Originally Posted by MarvelMaster616 View Post
    I wouldn't be completely against this idea. I think it could work if done right and it makes sense with respect to Cyclops' history with Apocalypse, which most writers don't even reference anymore. It could certainly be the case that in order for Cyclops to save the mutant race from another M-day, he would willingly succumb to the influence of Apocalypse. That could certainly count as the egregious crime that everyone is talking about, him succumbing to Apocalypse because he thought it would help them defeat the Inhumans. It clearly didn't work. For reasons we still don't know, he lost and ended up dead. Apocalypse Wars might just reveal he didn't stay dead, nor did he free himself of Apocalypse's influence. However, I don't see how that would be too shocking, him being a horseman of Apocalypse. I think Kid Omega being a horseman would be much more shocking, especially if there's any truth to the 4chan rumor and part of it was already vindicated when it successfully predicted the location of X-Haven. So there are plenty of possibilities.

Right now, if I had to chose, I would favor the 4chan rumor. It has Kid Omega being the catalyst for the conflict with Cyclops getting caught in the crossfire. I think that would not undermine his character nearly as much as him willingly submitting to Apocalypse, knowing full well the history of how that tends to work out. Cyclops submitting to Apocalypse might work in the sense that he'd be doing it for the right reasons, trying to save his people. But I think it would completely undermine everything he accomplished up into Uncanny X-men #600 and off-panel no less. I think that would be just a huge detriment to his character and something that would be almost impossible to come back from, absent a retcon or time travel.

If Apocalypse Wars wanted to do something really shocking, then it should reveal that Cyclops is actually the only remaining X-man leading the fight against Apocalypse in the future. He could become sort of like Cable in a sense, being the last hope against stopping him. It would offer some badly needed balance to the whole Cyclops-is-evil-and-everyone-must-hate-him rhetoric that we've been seeing since EXM began. However, I don't get the sense that this is the direction Marvel will go. For whatever reason, they're intent on making Cyclops a villain, no matter how much damage is done to his character.
    So a rebirth of the Summers Rebellion?
    Le Suck it, Dolphin!

-God I am so tired.

SCOTT SUMMERS AND EMMA FROST DESERVED BETTER.

BANNED

For whatever reason, they're intent on making Cyclops a villain, no matter how much damage is done to his character.
    Optimistically, I disagree with this. I think the reason that they're telling us he's a villain as opposed to showing us, is because, in their minds this will lead to us being "shocked" when he returns as a hero...I hope.

However, I don't see how that would be too shocking, him being a horseman of Apocalypse.
    Because he's DEAD due to that really super evil act he pulled against the Inhumans which was so big and horrifying it had no effect in their books... I'd go into more details but it's too disturbing...

If Apocalypse Wars wanted to do something really shocking, then it should reveal that Cyclops is actually the only remaining X-man leading the fight against Apocalypse in the future.
    I'd love that.