Page 40 of 58 FirstFirst ... 3036373839404142434450 ... LastLast

spoilers:
    I mean, is anyone surprised? Hypnotic Woman definitely fared better than Cheetah (I wish they had chosen literally any other WW rogue), but at least Cheetah didn't keel over like Black Manta and Evil Star. And I find it hard to believe a li'l explosion would kill her.
    end of spoilers

Quote Originally Posted by Nyssane View Post
    spoilers:
    I mean, is anyone surprised? Hypnotic Woman definitely fared better than Cheetah (I wish they had chosen literally any other WW rogue), but at least Cheetah didn't keel over like Black Manta and Evil Star. And I find it hard to believe a li'l explosion would kill her.
    end of spoilers
    spoilers:
    Most of them kinda died in silly ways. Like, shouldn't Bolt's reaction speed be fast enough to outrun the explosion that killed her? It's also possible Cheetah didn't die from the explosion but would have died regardless from staying on Earth-3.

It doesn't really bother me much in this issue because Future State kind of forced a lot of writers to cram stories, so I can't really blame 90% of the cast being killed like chumps, especially a cast that big. I'm just hoping they keep Cheetah out of the main book, anyone who was on the Legion of Doom in Justice League (2018) shouldn't be on the Suicide Squid, it just works better when they are C-list villains. Plus this whole story felt like a cautionary future for the main plot in upcoming Suicide Squad comic.
    end of spoilers

I guess Circe was referenced in one of the Future State Superman books as the mother of one of Superman's future kids.

Quote Originally Posted by Gaius View Post
    I guess Circe was referenced in one of the Future State Superman books as the mother of one of Superman's future kids.
    Ugh. That's not what we meant when we asked for more WW rogue exposure.

Ugh. That's not what we meant when we asked for more WW rogue exposure.
    My first thought when I came across it was in that Landis' Superman series where he had Clark sleep with a pre-curse Barbara Minerva.

My first thought when I came across it was in that Landis' Superman series where he had Clark sleep with a pre-curse Barbara Minerva.
    I wonder if she ever became cursed in that series.

What's worse is that it's actually one of Barbara's better appearances outside of the WW comics...

spoilers:
    Sensational Wonder Woman #8 is part 2 of the Blue Snowman story... and their boss is a bit disappointing of a reveal. Veronica Cale. Still, Byrna put up a good fight against Diana which is refreshing to see. And I really dig the art for the most part (that one shot of Diana's ass was a bit weird though, and sometimes Diana's eyes looked a bit... not good).
    end of spoilers

Extraordinary Member Dr. Poison's Avatar

spoilers:
    Sensational Wonder Woman #8 is part 2 of the Blue Snowman story... and their boss is a bit disappointing of a reveal. Veronica Cale. Still, Byrna put up a good fight against Diana which is refreshing to see. And I really dig the art for the most part (that one shot of Diana's ass was a bit weird though, and sometimes Diana's eyes looked a bit... not good).
    end of spoilers

spoilers:
    I was disappointed that Blue Snowman had a "boss" as well. On the flip side, it was a bit of a relief as I was expecting them to reveal it to be Lex Luthor or Ras Al Ghul.
    end of spoilers
    Currently(or soon to be) Reading: Alan Scott: Green Lantern, Batman/Superman: World's Finest, Fire & Ice: Welcome to Smallville, Green Arrow, Green Lantern, Jay Garrick: The Flash, Justice Society of America, Power Girl, Superman, Shazam, Titans, Wesley Dodds: Sandman, Wonder Woman, & World's Finest: Teen Titans.

That's what rubs me the wrong way about Veronica. Suddenly she's everyone's boss despite being a relatively new character.

spoilers:
    end of spoilers
    spoilers:
    I didn't particularly mind it since Byrna was still the main villain Diana had to deal with in the issue.

I liked the art but I agree about Diana's eyes. Looked a bit off, like a doll's eyes.
    end of spoilers.

spoilers:
    I didn't particularly mind it since Byrna was still the main villain Diana had to deal with in the issue.

I liked the art but I agree about Diana's eyes. Looked a bit off, like a doll's eyes.
    end of spoilers.
    It's weird because the art I don't think suited Diana in many cases, but Byrna looked fantastic.

spoilers:
    I didn't mind too much that it was Cale. It was a little disappointing since I was hoping it would be someone like Minister Blizzard or Eviless (re-forming Villainy Inc), but it's not like Byrna doesn't have a history with Cale now in Rebirth. It was a bit odd since Diana mentions the last time she fought Blue Snowman was with Hessia, which was the New 52. The continuity is all over the place but I guess you can't really make sense of 80 years of history.
    end of spoilers

Quote Originally Posted by Psy-lock View Post
    That's what rubs me the wrong way about Veronica. Suddenly she's everyone's boss despite being a relatively new character.
    She's basically a female Lex Luthor in that she has stupid amounts of money and uses it to fund others.

It's weird because the art I don't think suited Diana in many cases, but Byrna looked fantastic.

spoilers:
    I didn't mind too much that it was Cale. It was a little disappointing since I was hoping it would be someone like Minister Blizzard or Eviless (re-forming Villainy Inc), but it's not like Byrna doesn't have a history with Cale now in Rebirth. It was a bit odd since Diana mentions the last time she fought Blue Snowman was with Hessia, which was the New 52. The continuity is all over the place but I guess you can't really make sense of 80 years of history.
    end of spoilers
    I was thinking the exact same thing about the art. Byrna looked fantastic while Wonder Woman looked mediocre at best.
    Currently(or soon to be) Reading: Alan Scott: Green Lantern, Batman/Superman: World's Finest, Fire & Ice: Welcome to Smallville, Green Arrow, Green Lantern, Jay Garrick: The Flash, Justice Society of America, Power Girl, Superman, Shazam, Titans, Wesley Dodds: Sandman, Wonder Woman, & World's Finest: Teen Titans.

Quote Originally Posted by Psy-lock View Post

Same here. I hate it when one villain seems to be over most of the other villains as far as supplying them with powers or technology. Imagine if Luthor was behind Metallo, Bizarro, Brainiac, Atomic Skull, Mongul, Silver Banshee, and General Zod? Or Ras Al Ghul was the benefactor of Joker, Penguin, Catwoman, Mr. Freeze, Clayface, Dr. Phosphorus, and Killer Croc. It gets old real fast.