Page 48 of 58 FirstFirst ... 38444546474849505152 ... LastLast
    Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by I'm a Fish View Post

Edit: Honestly I'm hoping most of what happened to Wonder Woman villains (or what are alluded to doing to other heroes as you mentioned) in Future State is not used... Circe and Grail where alright in the Nubia comic though.
    I wouldn't mind if Hypnotic Woman joined the Suicide Squad.

Quote Originally Posted by PopQuezy View Post
    I wouldn't mind if Hypnotic Woman joined the Suicide Squad.
    Yeah, she's never used so I'd be alright with that.

spoilers:
    just don't have Circe rape Superman, or have anyone rape Superman...
    end of spoilers

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by SiegePerilous02 View Post
    Not sure if this was mentioned earlier in this thread circa the Future State stuff, but Circe is being alluded to in the current Superman direction

spoilers:
    The House of El introduces a future son of Clark's that he had with Circe, after she used "deception." Sounds like a whole can of worms that I'm not sure how to feel about. I really only want to see Circe involved with the Super mythos if she's zapping Clark's head into a lion or creating Comet the Super Horse, so it sounding like she rapes Clark to get a child being the thing they bring her in for is...less than stellar. Aside from the whole Jon as Superman thing, this is the only part of the direction for the Super books I'm not getting positive vibes from. Hopefully it's a very minor part or Circe is actually used well. Maybe have Diana brought in, again, if she will be used well
    end of spoilers
    Eww.

spoilers:
    What is the obsession with female rapists and having babies recently? Is it a way to absolve the male superheroes of responsibility when a child pops up out of nowhere? Also why Circe and for what? She isn't THAT bored
    end of spoilers

Quote Originally Posted by Mistah K88 View Post
    Eww.

spoilers:
    What is the obsession with female rapists and having babies recently? Is it a way to absolve the male superheroes of responsibility when a child pops up out of nowhere? Also why Circe and for what? She isn't THAT bored
    end of spoilers
    spoilers:
    Circe has garnered an reputation for being a female predator throughout her real-world history. She has been known to lure and drug men so she can turn them into animals in the Odyssey after all (which Renaissance artists depicted as a metaphor for something else...) but that part of her character has been more-or-less left out in the comics.

Superman already has Maxima creeping on him from time to time, he really doesn't need anyone else.
    end of spoilers

Ultimate Member SiegePerilous02's Avatar

I'm hoping nothing substantial comes of it in the present day stories, and it's just something to embellish the far off future we see occasionally.

spoilers:
    I think they are going for an Arthurian thing, with Clark being Arthur and Circe being a stand in for Morgane. But surely there is some Silver or Bronze age Superman spellcaster villainess that could fill that role if it's something that needs to be filled?
    end of spoilers

There is also the fact that Conrad and Cloonan are writing back up stories on the Super books, so they may have been consulted on this and we may at least see something from Circe's perspective in the WW books if and when she shows up. That could make it an easier pill to swallow.
    Last edited by SiegePerilous02; 04-28-2021 at 04:20 PM.

I'm hoping nothing substantial comes of it in the present day stories, and it's just something to embellish the far off future we see occasionally.

spoilers:
    I think they are going for an Arthurian thing, with Clark being Arthur and Circe being a stand in for Morgane. But surely there is some Silver or Bronze age Superman spellcaster villainess that could fill that role if it's something that needs to be filled?
    end of spoilers

There is also the fact that Conrad and Cloonan are writing back up stories on the Super books, so they may have been consulted on this and we may at least see something from Circe's perspective in the WW books if and when she shows up. That could make it an easier pill to swallow.
    Yeah, House of El stuff comes off as a bit off putting but hopefully we get some Circe in their run. She was pretty enjoyable in JLD.

Quote Originally Posted by I'm a Fish View Post
    spoilers:
    Circe has garnered an reputation for being a female predator throughout her real-world history. She has been known to lure and drug men so she can turn them into animals in the Odyssey after all (which Renaissance artists depicted as a metaphor for something else...) but that part of her character has been more-or-less left out in the comics.

Superman already has Maxima creeping on him from time to time, he really doesn't need anyone else.
    end of spoilers
    Has it though? I mean.. we know what happened with Ares... One could argue that... yes, actually, that aspect of the character IS used in the comics, albeit less often.

Astonishing Member WonderLight789's Avatar

spoilers:
    end of spoilers

Oh, so more stories where WW villains jobb to Superman are probably coming?

Quote Originally Posted by mystical41 View Post
    You know WW villains have the winning track record on Sups right?

I think the only Wondy villain to loose to Sups was Apollo.

Ultimate Member SiegePerilous02's Avatar

spoilers:
    Does it count as jobbing if Superman is the one getting raped?
    end of spoilers

And like I'm a Fish said, WW villains have a pretty good record against Superman. It's Batman that's always proven the problem for them.

spoilers:
    end of spoilers

And like I'm a Fish said, WW villains have a pretty good record against Superman. It's Batman that's always proven the problem for them.
    Reminded of in Jimenez's run where both Supes and Bats ended up under some form of possession/mind control (Phobos for Batman, Circe for Superman) but it was only Bats who managed to do the "fight you're way out it" thing.

spoilers:
    end of spoilers

DC’s also been petty good since Rebirth about WW villains getting jobbed by other heroes. I think Cheetah and Batman only had 2 encounters these 5 years and both times he had to use a mech suit to engage her. (And I think both times she was distracted fighting WW)
    Last edited by I'm a Fish; 04-30-2021 at 07:19 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Gaius View Post
    Reminded of in Jimenez's run where both Supes and Bats ended up under some form of possession/mind control (Phobos for Batman, Circe for Superman) but it was only Bats who managed to do the "fight you're way out it" thing.

And in Trinity didn’t Circe unleash hell demons or something and Superman was the only one to get possessed? Along with the Outlaws.

Mighty Member

Superman jobs to Wonder Woman's baddies (well the ones that they actually use anyway)

If you are going to job, you might as well job to the best. I'd rather have Cheetah job to Superman than Catwoman.

Extraordinary Member Dr. Poison's Avatar

Wonder Woman villains have owned Kryptonians. Circe and Cheetah have bested Superman, Giganta immobilized Power Girl in Infinite Crisis. Sure, it doesn't happen often but hopefully that will change over time now that Diana's villains seem to be getting used more.
    Currently(or soon to be) Reading: Alan Scott: Green Lantern, Batman/Superman: World's Finest, Fire & Ice: Welcome to Smallville, Green Arrow, Green Lantern, Jay Garrick: The Flash, Justice Society of America, Power Girl, Superman, Shazam, Titans, Wesley Dodds: Sandman, Wonder Woman, & World's Finest: Teen Titans.