Page 57 of 58 FirstFirst ... 747535455565758 LastLast
    Astonishing Member WonderLight789's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Gaius View Post
    Probably included Cheetah so he could have Clark bang a Wonder character and since it's set pre-Superman days that meant Diana is off the table.
    I forgot that when she is not treated as a jobber by certain bias writers. She is used as eye candy. Like for example batman in the DCAU. And you are probably right about this comic too. Sigh.

Ultimate Member SiegePerilous02's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Gaius View Post
    Probably included Cheetah so he could have Clark bang a Wonder character and since it's set pre-Superman days that meant Diana is off the table.
    I'm actually weirdly ok with this interaction between them. I think Cheetah being seduced by Batman in the DCAU was way somehow way worse than this.

The most objectionable thing about now is that Landis is the one who wrote it.

Extraordinary Member Primal Slayer's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by SiegePerilous02 View Post
    I'm actually weirdly ok with this interaction between them. I think Cheetah being seduced by Batman in the DCAU was way somehow way worse than this.

Agreed. Here she is the seducer and influencer to a possible darker path. The DCAU Cheetah was just all around useless.

Quote Originally Posted by SiegePerilous02 View Post

I never read American Alien (and probably never will given everything about Landis) but yeah, it's an elseworld and the pages shared here don't really bother me.

It's minor in comparison to apparently everything he had planned for WW in his "Superman epic" (lol).

Giganta and Angle Man both appeared in Justice League: Road to Dark Crisis #1 last week, and both appear in comics this week:

Giganta appears in the DC Pride 2022 issue sporting her classic Golden Age look!

Angle Man makes a cameo in Dark Crisis #1 with the rest of the Secret Society.

Blue Snowman got a "reimagining" in Tales from Earth-6: A Celebration of Stan Lee. She's known as "Frosteen" (basically a feminized version of her standard Blue Snowman costume) and the Stan Lee version of Wonder Woman fights her.

Extraordinary Member Dr. Poison's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Nyssane View Post
    Blue Snowman got a "reimagining" in Tales from Earth-6: A Celebration of Stan Lee. She's known as "Frosteen" (basically a feminized version of her standard Blue Snowman costume) and the Stan Lee version of Wonder Woman fights her.

What did you think of the character/story? Was it any good?
    Currently(or soon to be) Reading: Alan Scott: Green Lantern, Batman/Superman: World's Finest, Fire & Ice: Welcome to Smallville, Green Arrow, Green Lantern, Jay Garrick: The Flash, Justice Society of America, Power Girl, Superman, Shazam, Titans, Wesley Dodds: Sandman, Wonder Woman, & World's Finest: Teen Titans.

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Poison View Post
    What did you think of the character/story? Was it any good?
    No, lol. I'm not a fan of the Stan Lee WW (though she does look cool).

No, lol. I'm not a fan of the Stan Lee WW (though she does look cool).

That's my problem too. I'm not really into the Stan Lee characters.
    Currently(or soon to be) Reading: Alan Scott: Green Lantern, Batman/Superman: World's Finest, Fire & Ice: Welcome to Smallville, Green Arrow, Green Lantern, Jay Garrick: The Flash, Justice Society of America, Power Girl, Superman, Shazam, Titans, Wesley Dodds: Sandman, Wonder Woman, & World's Finest: Teen Titans.

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Poison View Post
    That's my problem too. I'm not really into the Stan Lee characters.
    I checked it out and... it's functionally a new character completely. Some of the core ideas are there, but not most of it, and while a neat character idea, just... isn't WW.

A few WW villains appear in the new video game Justice League: Cosmic Chaos...
    spoilers:
    Ares and... Blue Snowman!!! Love how much exposure Byrna is getting. They still have the they/them pronouns, and they mention their father in the game quite a bit.
    end of spoilers

Angle Man appeared in JSA #3 today(with both hands). I find this interesting as at one point Geoff Johns said he was the one character that he couldn't make work.

A few WW villains appear in the new video game Justice League: Cosmic Chaos...
    spoilers:
    Ares and... Blue Snowman!!! Love how much exposure Byrna is getting. They still have the they/them pronouns, and they mention their father in the game quite a bit.
    end of spoilers
    spoilers:
    Also funnily enough voiced by Vanessa Marshall, who reprises Diana in the game!

I think it's their first media appearance too.
    end of spoilers

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Rac7d* View Post
    Isn't that a cartoon?