Page 38 of 58 FirstFirst ... 2834353637383940414248 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Nyssane View Post
    Very cool! Haven't they used the Love is a Battlefield title before though? I've noticed that happening more and more.
    I think it was a title of one of the trades for the Wilson run.

Very cool! Haven't they used the Love is a Battlefield title before though? I've noticed that happening more and more.
    Tomasi has called multiple arcs with different characters that he wrote “Black Dawn”. Some writers just get lazy with the naming after a while

Extraordinary Member Dr. Poison's Avatar

Sadly, I think most writers consider 80% of Diana's rogues gallery to be C-list meaning it could be anyone with the exceptions of Cheetah, Giganta, Circe, and Ares.
    Currently(or soon to be) Reading: Alan Scott: Green Lantern, Batman/Superman: World's Finest, Fire & Ice: Welcome to Smallville, Green Arrow, Green Lantern, Jay Garrick: The Flash, Justice Society of America, Power Girl, Superman, Shazam, Titans, Wesley Dodds: Sandman, Wonder Woman, & World's Finest: Teen Titans.

Incredible Member Amazon Swordsman's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Poison View Post
    Sadly, I think most writers consider 80% of Diana's rogues gallery to be C-list meaning it could be anyone with the exceptions of Cheetah, Giganta, Circe, and Ares.
    Which is a shame, because I feel like this thread, well this entire sub forum should be a definite stop for any potential WW writer.

With given how many writers treat or talk about Wonder rogues feels like that could mean just about any of them.

Incredible Member

I think Wonder Woman has a great rogue gallery. That being said, unfortunately, most of them are c-list excluding the ones you mentioned - and Maxwell Lord.

Makes me wonder, how would you guys rank her Rogues not in terms of quality, but in terms of public awareness? Like Zod is not a character in the comics with a lot of good stories, but he’s undeniably “A-List” for Superman, I’d even say he’s Supes second most well known Rogue thanks to the movies.

For WW I’d say:
    A-List: Cheetah, Ares, Circe
    B-List: Maxwell Lord, Dr. Poison, Dr. Psycho, Silver Swan, Giganta
    C-List: Cale, Dr. Cyber, Grail
    And Rogues like say Angle Man, Blue Snowman, Minister Blozzard, etc, the general public isn’t aware of them at all.

I put Circe as A-List because she was in the DCAU, DCUO, she was considered for Injustice 2 and will likely be in I3, and I feel pretty confident she’ll be in WW3.

I don't think enough WW villains have enough exposure in general to really rank them based on awareness, granted I would say this about just about all rogues galleries that aren't Batman or Spider-Man.

Max Lord is definitely at the bottom of any list based on quality though.

Quote Originally Posted by Gaius View Post
    I don't think enough WW villains have enough exposure in general to really rank them based on awareness, granted I would say this about just about all rogues galleries that aren't Batman or Spider-Man.

Max Lord is definitely at the bottom of any list based on quality though.
    Yeah I’ve seen a lot of lists based on “here’s the Rogues that I like” but not so much “here’s the Rogues based on how the public sees them”. Alas Max is by now one of “her” most well known Rogues because he was in a movie.

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    Yeah I’ve seen a lot of lists based on “here’s the Rogues that I like” but not so much “here’s the Rogues based on how the public sees them”. Alas Max is by now one of “her” most well known Rogues because he was in a movie.
    Well at least Jason can rest comfy he's no longer the worst Wonder Woman character.
    Last edited by Gaius; 01-10-2021 at 08:09 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    Makes me wonder, how would you guys rank her Rogues not in terms of quality, but in terms of public awareness? Like Zod is not a character in the comics with a lot of good stories, but he’s undeniably “A-List” for Superman, I’d even say he’s Supes second most well known Rogue thanks to the movies.

For WW I’d say:
    A-List: Cheetah, Ares, Circe
    B-List: Maxwell Lord, Dr. Poison, Dr. Psycho, Silver Swan, Giganta
    C-List: Cale, Dr. Cyber, Grail
    And Rogues like say Angle Man, Blue Snowman, Minister Blozzard, etc, the general public isn’t aware of them at all.

I put Circe as A-List because she was in the DCAU, DCUO, she was considered for Injustice 2 and will likely be in I3, and I feel pretty confident she’ll be in WW3.
    I'd put Giganta on A-List because more people likely know her than they do Ares or Circe.

Veronica Cale and Dr. Cyber are on the verge of B-List, they just need a little more exposure. I might even put Medusa on B-List.

Everyone else looks about right though. For lower ranks, I see them as such:

C-List are villains like Queen Clea, Paula von GUnther, Devastation, and the Duke of Deception. Characters who aren't really used outside of the comics very often, but featured semi-prominently within them.

D-List are villains like Hypnota, the Mask, Genocide, or the First Born. We fans of Wonder Woman know 'em, but nobody else does.

Z-List are villains like Cat's Eye, Dreadnought, Barremargox, and Panthea. Villains that even the most die-hard Wonder Woman fans would be hard-pressed to remember.

In case anyone's not reading the Rogues Appreciation Thread...

spoilers:
    Both Hypnotic Woman (Hypnota) and Cheetah
    end of spoilers are in this week's Future State: Suicide Squad #1.

DC: Love is a Battlefield #1: spoilers:
    Our favorite gal Blue Snowman appears! EDIT: I haven't been able to read it yet, but Byrna comes out as genderfluid (something we all suspected)!
    end of spoilers

DC: Love is a Battlefield #1: spoilers:
    Our favorite gal Blue Snowman appears! EDIT: I haven't been able to read it yet, but Byrna comes out as genderfluid (something we all suspected)!
    end of spoilers
    spoilers:
    Yes, she did. Was a bit surprised they went through with that. I liked they used the "evil Frosty' looking mech suit from the post-Crisis years for the story
    end of spoilers.

Quote Originally Posted by Gaius View Post
    spoilers:
    Yes, she did. Was a bit surprised they went through with that. I liked they used the "evil Frosty' looking mech suit from the post-Crisis years for the story
    end of spoilers.
    I got a chance to read it.

spoilers:
    The story was... not good (in terms of Diana/Steve). But Blue Snowman was fun and I like the revelation that she (possibly they in the future?) is genderfluid as it's a good evolution of the golden age character. It humanizes her quite a bit BUT I don't want it to mean she won't appear in the future as a villain.
    end of spoilers