Page 25 of 58 FirstFirst ... 1521222324252627282935 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Mistah K88 View Post
    So... about Bloodlines using characters like Dr. Poison, Dr. Cyber, and Silver Swan. Outside of The Superfriends duo (Cheetah and Giganta) and the Greek characters Wonder Woman's villains don't get a lot of action... This will be the most action we've gotten out of wonder rogues in animation (outside of the mentioned Superfriends and Greeks) since Paula von Gunther in Brave and the Bold. You would have THOUGHT that Dr. Poison would have gotten more action after Wonder Woman's movie...
    Yeah, Poison and Cyber have pretty much just been cameos in other DC cartoons.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Mistah K88 View Post
    So... about Bloodlines using characters like Dr. Poison, Dr. Cyber, and Silver Swan. Outside of The Superfriends duo (Cheetah and Giganta) and the Greek characters Wonder Woman's villains don't get a lot of action... This will be the most action we've gotten out of wonder rogues in animation (outside of the mentioned Superfriends and Greeks) since Paula von Gunther in Brave and the Bold. You would have THOUGHT that Dr. Poison would have gotten more action after Wonder Woman's movie...
    Poison is a playable character in the dc universe game and the Lego dc villains game. And now she had this animated movie. It's not much but it's a start.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Yeah, Poison and Cyber have pretty much just been cameos in other DC cartoons.
    Cyber's role in JLU was so short I wasn't sure who she was supposed to be until I read the wiki. Supergirl does short training session where she punches dopplegangers of JL enemies, and Cyber is one of them. That's it...

Quote Originally Posted by marhawkman View Post
    Cyber's role in JLU was so short I wasn't sure who she was supposed to be until I read the wiki. Supergirl does short training session where she punches dopplegangers of JL enemies, and Cyber is one of them. That's it...
    Given how Timm treated Cheetah, it might have been a blessing in disguise that they didn’t use her Rogues. He would’ve just paired them up with his self-insert Batman, like he does any female character he doesn’t care about.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Poison View Post
    Now Justice League Dark is pushing Circe as the major villain instead of an original Wonder-rogue such as Dark Angel, White Magician, or the Queen of Fables.
    Probably because they all suck, and have never really been used by anyone other than their creators. Real good characters with staying power then.

Anyway, Queen of Fables is likely being used as a comedy character in the Harley Quinn show. I fully expect that to set off a new round of complaints: "Why isn't she being presented as a real threat? She should solo all these characters without breaking a sweat! It's just not fair!" etc.

Quote Originally Posted by Tec15 View Post
    Anyway, Queen of Fables is likely being used as a comedy character in the Harley Quinn show. I fully expect that to set off a new round of complaints: "Why isn't she being presented as a real threat? She should solo all these characters without breaking a sweat! It's just not fair!" etc.
    To be fair, it looks like they're treating pretty much every character comedically on that show.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    To be fair, it looks like they're treating pretty much every character comedically on that show.
    As if that will stop the inevitable complaints...

I think you're giving the character more credit than she deserves. Her basic concept is over-the-top and ridiculous and very not-serious; she's the type of character who WOULD work perfectly in a Harley Quinn style show.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Nyssane View Post
    I think you're giving the character more credit than she deserves. Her basic concept is over-the-top and ridiculous and very not-serious; she's the type of character who WOULD work perfectly in a Harley Quinn style show.
    I'm well aware of what a joke character she is. It's just that even despite that, there are people here who seriously think that she should be a serious main villain for WW, even over the likes of Circe. They'll probably be the first to complain when she is played for laughs in HQ.

Extraordinary Member Dr. Poison's Avatar

I'm well aware of what a joke character she is. It's just that even despite that, there are people here who seriously think that she should be a serious main villain for WW, even over the likes of Circe. They'll probably be the first to complain when she is played for laughs in HQ.

Laugh all you want about the Queen of Fables but she's taken on 2 versions of the Justice League solo. Something of which Circe has never done.
    Currently(or soon to be) Reading: Alan Scott: Green Lantern, Batman/Superman: World's Finest, Fire & Ice: Welcome to Smallville, Green Arrow, Green Lantern, Jay Garrick: The Flash, Justice Society of America, Power Girl, Superman, Shazam, Titans, Wesley Dodds: Sandman, Wonder Woman, & World's Finest: Teen Titans.

I read DCeased #4 this weekend and Giganta had a fun, albeit marginalized, appearance.

But, I didn't mind. A lot of Taylor's stuff is fun and wild and thankfully OTT.

Incredible Member

There's a very, very brief clip of Dr. Psycho vs. Wonder Woman in the clip above from the Harley Quinn Animated Series. It shows Dr. Psycho using his telekinesis to throw cars at Wonder Woman as she uses her shield to protect her self. It's about a second long, but I thought people may still be interested as this will be the first time we see a Psycho vs Wonder Woman battle in animation.

It's wonderful that her villains are finally getting some spotlight, but the fact that Harley got her own animated series before Wonder Woman is a huge injustice.

Probably because they all suck, and have never really been used by anyone other than their creators. Real good characters with staying power then.
    The Flash villains were the biggest laughingstock for years. A good writer gives them TLC, now they're popular.

As a WW fan, I've been frustrated for years by the writers who keep coming in and doing their own brand-new take and not tending the garden of the supporting cast and rogues. Since 1986, it's been all myth, all the time. No wonder we so rarely see proper Wonder-rogues outside the motherbook, since we so rarely see them INside it!

I'm not a fan of the take on WW I see in the promo for this movie, but I love the idea of seeing a Villainy, Inc. on screen!

Quote Originally Posted by Psy-lock View Post
    It's wonderful that her villains are finally getting some spotlight, but the fact that Harley got her own animated series before Wonder Woman is a huge injustice.
    At least she beat her to an animated movie .