Page 27 of 58 FirstFirst ... 1723242526272829303137 ... LastLast

I just hope he doesn’t become a Harley or Batman character

BANNED

Why don't Wonder Woman villains get any respect? Why are they never used? Why are they never adapted in movies and tv shows? Why, oh why? Whine, whine, whine, whine......

Wonder Woman villains are finally used in other media: "I just hope they don't become (Insert other DC Franchise) character. Waah!"

Anyway, good showing for Dr. Psycho in the third episode of Harley Quinn. Looks like he'll be a regular character for the rest of the series. Giganta appeared in the episode too, sporting her JLU design; And the Queen of Fables if you count her as a Wonder Woman villain. Best exposure some these lesser renowned villains have ever had and yet all some people...

Astonishing Member

So what do you think Dr. Psycho in Harley Quinn so far? It seems like they toned him down Dr. Psycho, made him more a goofball than a monster in this series, which is good choice, given how not funny he is in the comics. In this series, he got massively criticized for using the C-word, got dumped by the Legion of Doom and now he is a henchman who acts as a temp for other villains like Bane and Bane is presented as a massive idiot in this series.

And Tony Hale is good at playing a silly version of Dr. Psycho.

Also Cheetah shows up as a background character, apparently the only female members of the Legion of Doom before Harley joins, she seems bored during Legion meetings and apparently Lex Luthor cannot be bothered to remember her name.
    Last edited by The Overlord; 01-26-2020 at 07:30 PM.

The latest, greatest Wonder-villain sighting is Circe in JUSTICE LEAGUE DARK. The Witching War finale, even the last three issues (17-19) were better, than any story, published in the WW comic, since Greg Rucka. Furthermore, it seamlessly cinches creepy, New 52 Circe to Greg Rucka's cosmic, Who-ish Circe in a way that satisfies fans of BOTH!

The Witching War retells Circe's classical origin, with a comic-invented tweak that makes her obsessed with Hecate and sets her on the path to villainy. We've needed to see the struggle that led up to Circe's going dark, a story, which shows why Circe deserves her revenge, and this story accomplished that.

Check out JLD #18, when you can.
    Last edited by Mel Dyer; 01-30-2020 at 02:30 AM.
    COMBINING THE BIGBADITUDE OF THANOS WITH CHEETAH'S FEROCITY, IS JANUS WONDER WOMAN'S GREATEST SUPERVILLAIN?...on WONDABUNGA!!! Look alive, Kangaliers!

Quote Originally Posted by Mel Dyer View Post
    The latest, greatest Wonder-villain sighting is Circe in JUSTICE LEAGUE DARK. The Witching War finale, even the last three issues (17-19) were better, than any story, published in the WW comic, since Greg Rucka. Furthermore, it seamlessly cinches creepy, New 52 Circe to Greg Rucka's cosmic, Who-ish Circe in a way that satisfies fans of BOTH!

The Witching War retells Circe's classical origin, with a comic-invented tweak that makes her obsessed with Hecate and sets her on the path to villainy. We've needed to see the struggle that led up to Circe's going dark, a story, which shows why Circe deserves her revenge, and this story accomplished that.

Check out JLD #18, when you can.
    Yeah I thought Tynion nailed the ending, particularly if you’re someone who is a fan of Diana trying to reform her villains.

Quote Originally Posted by The Overlord View Post
    So what do you think Dr. Psycho in Harley Quinn so far? It seems like they toned him down Dr. Psycho, made him more a goofball than a monster in this series, which is good choice, given how not funny he is in the comics. In this series, he got massively criticized for using the C-word, got dumped by the Legion of Doom and now he is a henchman who acts as a temp for other villains like Bane and Bane is presented as a massive idiot in this series.

And Tony Hale is good at playing a silly version of Dr. Psycho.

Also Cheetah shows up as a background character, apparently the only female members of the Legion of Doom before Harley joins, she seems bored during Legion meetings and apparently Lex Luthor cannot be bothered to remember her name.
    I think it fits as a more comedic take. He's still a high-strung misogynist but he's definitely nowhere near as bad as comic Pscyho.

The most problematic thing he's done aside from use the c-word is brainwash Giganta into marrying him and having a kid.

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    Yeah I thought Tynion nailed the ending, particularly if you’re someone who is a fan of Diana trying to reform her villains.
    I want to see more of Circe's struggle.

I want to see the Olympians chase her and the other Titans into Tartarus and other worlds, other galaxies...other dimensions! I want to see her mourn or decry the persecution of her elder Titans, some of whom were good and caring to mankind, ..as she flees one alien world for another, wondering how long she can hold out...

Vowing revenge!

Might this new Circe have been a protectress of mankind, in classical times - a superheroine - before her people turned on her? Might her husband have hated her, jealous of her people's celebration of her?

And it's all her story! No ham-handed attempt to tie her into Diana's background. Yay! I don't need Circe to be Diana's disgruntled nanny to make her a viable antagonist in a WW comic.

I never imagined I would be a champion of Circe, after seeing so many years of wasteful, clutter stories, forcing her down our throats, as editorially appointed archenemy. If this new Circe in JLD is to be the standard, I think the search for Diana s nemesis is over.
    Last edited by Mel Dyer; 01-31-2020 at 06:59 PM.
    COMBINING THE BIGBADITUDE OF THANOS WITH CHEETAH'S FEROCITY, IS JANUS WONDER WOMAN'S GREATEST SUPERVILLAIN?...on WONDABUNGA!!! Look alive, Kangaliers!

hmm... if you're going there.... have her team up with Deva! Or maybe in this version create Deva from the fading essence of slain Titans?

Just read "Witching War" again...phenomenal outing for Circe and makes the case for her being undisputed archnemesis. Suspenseful, epic, impossible to put away. The best Circe story, ever...

Will go so far as to say that it almost makes up for WOGs.

It's the grandest outing of any WW villain, since George Perez's "Challenge of the Gods".
    Last edited by Mel Dyer; 02-03-2020 at 09:58 PM.

Strife appears in the next Harley Quinn episode, sporting her Chiang look.

Quote Originally Posted by Nyssane View Post

I'm guessing that's Hippolyta right next to her.

Ultimate Member SiegePerilous02's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Nyssane View Post

Whatever other issues with that run I have, New 52 Strife was THE BEST and she should always be around. Continuity be damned.

I have to say, I didn't expect that a Harley Quinn show of all things would have the best showing for WW villains in outside media...ever?

Jewish & Proud Feminist Shadowcat's Avatar

Have we seen Ms. Debbie Domaine lately?
    Comic-Watch Reviewer

Titles:
    /Doctor Strange/Captain Marvel\Scarlet Witch\
    /Iron Man/Captain Britain/Wasp\X-Men\
    /JSA\/X-Treme X-Men\/WILDCATS\

https://comic-watch.com/author/baradtzgmail-com

Quote Originally Posted by SiegePerilous02 View Post
    Whatever other issues with that run I have, New 52 Strife was THE BEST and she should always be around. Continuity be damned.
    that version of Eris was GREAT!!!!

Also as a relatively minor god having her show up in person is less of a narrative issue than a major god.