Page 26 of 58 FirstFirst ... 1622232425262728293036 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Psy-lock View Post
    It's wonderful that her villains are finally getting some spotlight, but the fact that Harley got her own animated series before Wonder Woman is a huge injustice.
    More than an injustice, it's a testament to editorial neglect of WW and the result of careful, painstaking, strategic, editorial and marketing development of Harley Quinn, by the Bat-editors, ..who also edit WW, by the way. It paid off. I'm not sure where I see the injustice, ..except that WW, an industry landmark and national treasure, isn't getting the editorial attention that she needs to be a Wolverine or a Harley.
    COMBINING THE BIGBADITUDE OF THANOS WITH CHEETAH'S FEROCITY, IS JANUS WONDER WOMAN'S GREATEST SUPERVILLAIN?...on WONDABUNGA!!! Look alive, Kangaliers!

Incredible Member

While in truth a Batman villain, The Cavalier, who WW fought in the first of the 12 labors story, is going to be in the rebooted Suicide Squad. He appears to have lost the crazy hat at some point: https://www.cbr.com/suicide-squad-reboot-tom-taylor/

Incredible Member

Dr. Psycho is seen again in the latest Harley Quinn animated series trailer. This time we get a more extensive look at his battle with Wonder Woman, his powers and his interactions with Harley Quinn. Harley also names Dr. Psycho as one of Wonder Woman's worst villains. Personally, it's exciting to me to think we're about to get a lot of Dr. Psycho media coverage, and I hope it encourages Wonder Woman writers to write a story for him.
    Cheetah also makes a blink and you miss it appearance during the Legion of Doom scene.

Question, does anyone think a Dr. Psycho thread could be beneficial since the Harley Quinn show debuts on November 29 and Psycho will be a major character?

Extraordinary Member Dr. Poison's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by PopQuezy View Post
    Dr. Psycho is seen again in the latest Harley Quinn animated series trailer. This time we get a more extensive look at his battle with Wonder Woman, his powers and his interactions with Harley Quinn. Harley also names Dr. Psycho as one of Wonder Woman's worst villains. Personally, it's exciting to me to think we're about to get a lot of Dr. Psycho media coverage, and I hope it encourages Wonder Woman writers to write a story for him.
    Cheetah also makes a blink and you miss it appearance during the Legion of Doom scene.

Question, does anyone think a Dr. Psycho thread could be beneficial since the Harley Quinn show debuts on November 29 and Psycho will be a major character?

I hope Dr. Psycho's appearance on Harley Quinn inspires comic writers to use him more and as a credible threat to Wonder Woman and other heroes of her caliber. I wonder if Egg Fu will appear on Harley Quinn given his frequent appearances in the Harley Quinn comic?
    Currently(or soon to be) Reading: Alan Scott: Green Lantern, Batman/Superman: World's Finest, Fire & Ice: Welcome to Smallville, Green Arrow, Green Lantern, Jay Garrick: The Flash, Justice Society of America, Power Girl, Superman, Shazam, Titans, Wesley Dodds: Sandman, Wonder Woman, & World's Finest: Teen Titans.

Quote Originally Posted by PopQuezy View Post

Vanessa Marshall is also voicing Wonder Woman and Giganta in the series.

Jewish & Proud Feminist Shadowcat's Avatar

Why isn’t Hades a more prominent villain for Diana? Writers could also use Adrestia as the Greek goddess of evil.

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowcat View Post
    Why isn’t Hades a more prominent villain for Diana? Writers could also use Adrestia as the Greek goddess of evil.
    I think Hades is just too on-the-nose for being an "evil" god. He's been done to death and doesn't have the antagonistic legacy of Ares in the series.

Having looked Adrestia nothing about her makes sense as a goddess of evil.

As for Hades, he wasn't a villain in the myths and him being evil is just because of an association of death with evil which makes no sense.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Vanessa Marshall is also voicing Wonder Woman and Giganta in the series.
    Also when it comes to Giganta, it looks like they are using a design similar to the DCAU... or at least from the dress and boots I've seen. I'm very curious to how they will characterize her. In the super hero girls cartoon Doris is very much a muscle headed brute. I remember the DCAU version being more "girly".

Incredible Member

Writers could also use Adrestia as the Greek goddess of evil.
    I literally only know this bit from Wikipedia about her - "Adrestia (Ancient Greek: Ἀδρήστεια) in Greek mythology "she who cannot be escaped" is the daughter of Ares and Aphrodite and known to accompany her father Ares to war. She was venerated as a goddess of revolt, just retribution and sublime balance between good and evil." But revolt & just retribution? It sounds like she & Diana would be more likely to sit down and have a beer than fight.

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Mistah K88 View Post
    Also when it comes to Giganta, it looks like they are using a design similar to the DCAU... or at least from the dress and boots I've seen. I'm very curious to how they will characterize her. In the super hero girls cartoon Doris is very much a muscle headed brute. I remember the DCAU version being more "girly".
    I wouldn't mind seeing a mixture of the two, a girly muscular jock (and scientist, I like it when they remember she's a doctor).

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Z View Post
    Having looked Adrestia nothing about her makes sense as a goddess of evil.

As for Hades, he wasn't a villain in the myths and him being evil is just because of an association of death with evil which makes no sense.
    None of the gods was truly evil in the myths. The closest was morally grey.

Adrestia seems a bit more grey than most. She wants balance between good and evil, so if she thinks good is too powerful....
    Quote Originally Posted by GilGarciaJr View Post
    I wouldn't mind seeing a mixture of the two, a girly muscular jock (and scientist, I like it when they remember she's a doctor).
    Oddly the only Giganta portrayal I can think of that was a properly smart Giganta was in the old Superfriends. In that one she acted the part of a scientifically inclined individual... who could become a giant brute when she wanted.
    Last edited by marhawkman; 11-19-2019 at 10:32 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by marhawkman View Post
    None of the gods was truly evil in the myths. The closest was morally grey.

Adrestia seems a bit more grey than most. She wants balance between good and evil, so if she thinks good is too powerful....
    I'd say Zeus with his multiple acts of murder and rape was pretty damn evil.

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Z View Post
    I'd say Zeus with his multiple acts of murder and rape was pretty damn evil.
    Zeus was also the guy who defeated the leader of the Hecatoncheires. He was benevolent... most of the time.

Behind-the-scenes on Dr. Psycho for the Harley Quinn cartoon: