Page 42 of 58 FirstFirst ... 3238394041424344454652 ... LastLast
    Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by marhawkman View Post
    Yeah as the Kingpin in Marvel comics likes to phrase it there's a difference between "associates" and employees.

Employees are people like Mercy working as Lex's bodyguard. She pretty much doesn't do her own thing ever. Associates are cases like Lex working with the Joker or Ra's. Yes, compensation for services rendered may go around, but only on an irregular basis. It's not necessarily an equal partnership, but it's a partnership.
    I can agree with this...the thing is we just need to see some of these villains doing SOMETHING while NOT under Cale more often for them to be "associates".

Blue Snowman has made an appearance I think. I really wish they use her again

spoilers:
    Medusa is mentioned in Infinite Frontier #0. Her head is in Hippolyta's possession, according to the queen. I hope this is a set up to bring Medusa back in a future story.
    end of spoilers

Going off the Comixology description, Giganta and Blue Snowman will be hench ladies for the second part of the Queen Bee story in Sensational Wonder Woman #12.

and Silver Banshee also.

Extraordinary Member Dr. Poison's Avatar

I had a Twitter conversation with Michael Conrad tonight and he revealed the following:

spoilers:
    ]Michael W Conrad Moyai
    @michaelwconrad
    ·
    1h
    What’s something you see value/meaning in that others have overlooked?

Vince Gattuso
    @vince_gattuso
    Replying to
    @michaelwconrad
    Wonder Woman’s non-public domain villains(I.e. Giganta, Dr. Poison, Queen Clea, Minister Blizzard, Osira, The Mask, Aegeus, Kung, Blue Snowman, Baron Blitzkreig, Zara). So many of them are left to rot in limbo or treated as jokes.

Michael W Conrad Moyai
    @michaelwconrad
    ·
    6m
    Replying to
    @vince_gattuso
    I can say with full certainty at least half of those are showing up in some form or another before you know it... including some you haven’t named.
    end of spoilers
    Currently(or soon to be) Reading: Alan Scott: Green Lantern, Batman/Superman: World's Finest, Fire & Ice: Welcome to Smallville, Green Arrow, Green Lantern, Jay Garrick: The Flash, Justice Society of America, Power Girl, Superman, Shazam, Titans, Wesley Dodds: Sandman, Wonder Woman, & World's Finest: Teen Titans.

Quote Originally Posted by Gaius View Post
    Going off the Comixology description, Giganta and Blue Snowman will be hench ladies for the second part of the Queen Bee story in Sensational Wonder Woman #12.

and Silver Banshee also.
    Wow, Blue Snowman has really taken off. I love it.

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Poison View Post
    I had a Twitter conversation with Michael Conrad tonight and he revealed the following:

spoilers:
    ]Michael W Conrad Moyai
    @michaelwconrad
    ·
    1h

Vince Gattuso
    @vince_gattuso
    Replying to
    @michaelwconrad
    Wonder Woman’s non-public domain villains(I.e. Giganta, Dr. Poison, Queen Clea, Minister Blizzard, Osira, The Mask, Aegeus, Kung, Blue Snowman, Baron Blitzkreig, Zara). So many of them are left to rot in limbo or treated as jokes.

Michael W Conrad Moyai
    @michaelwconrad
    ·
    6m
    Replying to
    @vince_gattuso
    I can say with full certainty at least half of those are showing up in some form or another before you know it... including some you haven’t named.
    end of spoilers
    He said “half” of the rogues you named will appear? Color me impressed.
    Last edited by Largo161; 03-02-2021 at 09:05 PM.
    “You see…the rest of them are soldiers. But [Wonder Woman] is an artist.”

I only support the made of clay origin.

spoilers:
    ]Michael W Conrad Moyai
    @michaelwconrad
    ·
    1h

Vince Gattuso
    @vince_gattuso
    Replying to
    @michaelwconrad

Michael W Conrad Moyai
    @michaelwconrad
    ·
    6m
    Replying to
    @vince_gattuso
    end of spoilers
    Thanks for sharing. Let's hope some begin popping up in the Godsphere arc that's coming up.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nyssane View Post
    Wow, Blue Snowman has really taken off. I love it.
    I was beginning to wonder if someone at DC began reading this subforum.

spoilers:
    ]Michael W Conrad Moyai
    @michaelwconrad
    ·
    1h

Vince Gattuso
    @vince_gattuso
    Replying to
    @michaelwconrad

Michael W Conrad Moyai
    @michaelwconrad
    ·
    6m
    Replying to
    @vince_gattuso
    end of spoilers
    I SMELL VILLAIN INC. FOR WONDER WOMAN'S 80TH!!!

Seriously though, what better way to celebrate WW 80th that have the Wonder Family square up agents DC's fist all female Villain team and one of the earliest villain teams in comic history (They're like 3rd).

Hopefully they'll highlight some of the lesser known villains in some buildup issues, probably have Cheetah assemble the team (since she was on the Infinite Legends teaser in the forefront next to Diana), then bada-bing bada-boom we have a fun reason for Diana to call the Wonder Family in for an all-out brawl.

I like Diana being in other teams besides just the Justice League. Justice League Dark was fun, but her time as leader (or even a member) never felt permanent, I would love for her to have her own base of operations with her own team of Wonder Women to go out on adventures with, and it would be cool if they could do the same for her villain. Her villains barley interact with each other anymore.

I can say with full certainty at least half of those are showing up in some form or another before you know it... including some you haven’t named
    Ok, this run definitely has my attention now. Between this and Sensational it's shaping up to be a pretty decent year for Wonder Rogues.

Extraordinary Member Dr. Poison's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by I'm a Fish View Post
    I SMELL VILLAIN INC. FOR WONDER WOMAN'S 80TH!!!

Seriously though, what better way to celebrate WW 80th that have the Wonder Family square up agents DC's fist all female Villain team and one of the earliest villain teams in comic history (They're like 3rd).

Hopefully they'll highlight some of the lesser known villains in some buildup issues, probably have Cheetah assemble the team (since she was on the Infinite Legends teaser in the forefront next to Diana), then bada-bing bada-boom we have a fun reason for Diana to call the Wonder Family in for an all-out brawl.

I like Diana being in other teams besides just the Justice League. Justice League Dark was fun, but her time as leader (or even a member) never felt permanent, I would love for her to have her own base of operations with her own team of Wonder Women to go out on adventures with, and it would be cool if they could do the same for her villain. Her villains barley interact with each other anymore.

I'm really excited for this as well. I just hope the villains are portrayed as serious threats to Diana individually and aren't disposed of in a panel or two or by a guest-appearance by Batman or Catwoman. Sorry, I'm still a bit apprehensive about the treatment of the Wonder-rogues after the last few decades. That being said, it does really seem like the new team appreciates them more than many others have so I'm feeling more optimistic about this run.
    Currently(or soon to be) Reading: Alan Scott: Green Lantern, Batman/Superman: World's Finest, Fire & Ice: Welcome to Smallville, Green Arrow, Green Lantern, Jay Garrick: The Flash, Justice Society of America, Power Girl, Superman, Shazam, Titans, Wesley Dodds: Sandman, Wonder Woman, & World's Finest: Teen Titans.

Ultimate Member SiegePerilous02's Avatar

This is very encouraging.
    Let's go Villainy Inc!

Ultimate Member SiegePerilous02's Avatar

They said they were reading some Golden Age comics for research material right? I hope that means a lot of Golden Age villains. Aside from Cyber, the Swan, Medusa and Veronica, I mostly care about the GA villains.

Quote Originally Posted by SiegePerilous02 View Post
    They said they were reading some Golden Age comics for research material right? I hope that means a lot of Golden Age villains. Aside from Cyber, the Swan, Medusa and Veronica, I mostly care about the GA villains.
    Yeah, they've said they've read a lot but the Golden Age stuff and New Frontier are the specific stuff they single out in interviews.

spoilers:
    ]Michael W Conrad Moyai
    @michaelwconrad
    ·
    1h

Vince Gattuso
    @vince_gattuso
    Replying to
    @michaelwconrad

Michael W Conrad Moyai
    @michaelwconrad
    ·
    6m
    Replying to
    @vince_gattuso
    end of spoilers
    This is WELCOME news.

I’m interested and intrigued with Hypnotic Woman, over in Future State, and would like to know what her challenges and issues are.