Astonishing Member WonderLight789's Avatar

Default Was there really an explanation behind jeph's WW portrayal?

Jeph's treatment of WW in Superman and Batman.

The infamous part where Superman easily overpowered her and killed her with her own lasso. I heard somebody said that the writer explained later, that this is not Diana, and she didn't have all of Diana's powers. Is this true? Where can i find the interview where he explains this?

Quote Originally Posted by WonderLight789 View Post
    Jeph's treatment of WW in Superman and Batman.

The infamous part where Superman easily overpowered her and killed her with her own lasso. I heard somebody said that the writer explained later, that this is not Diana, and she didn't have all of Diana's powers. Is this true? Where can i find the interview where he explains this?
    That was a timeline manipulation by Lightning Lord, Saturn Queen, and Cosmic King (aka The Legion of Supervillains) that led to the same ole same ole Evil Superhero scenario that I would love never again to see in my lifetime. All I remember is that Diana killed Batman (because he was evil, I guess) and then Superman, devastated by his friend's death, went ballistic on Diana. It reeked to me of the all-too-common fetishizing of female characters being killed by male characters in comic books. Fridging, if you will. Maybe I am wrong and maybe this is a highly regarded masterpiece of storytelling, but to me, it had the stench of fanboy-doing-fanfic.