Page 10 of 58 FirstFirst ... 6789101112131420 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Poison View Post
    So Barbara appears but she has not become the Cheetah as of yet in this continuity?
    Nope. So far she does not. She really did like Clark though...

Extraordinary Member Dr. Poison's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Prime View Post
    Nope. So far she does not. She really did like Clark though...

That could be a really interesting love triangle in the New 52. Let's say before Clark and Diana got together, he went on a cruise and had a one night stand with Barbara before she became the Cheetah. For a few years now, Barbara has missed and longed for Clark not realizing he's Superman. After her confrontation with the Justice League a while back and biting Superman and turning him into one of her were-Cheetah slaves, she's been thinking how something about him smelled & tasted familiar. Eventually she realizes that Clark and Superman are one and the same and that her greatest nemesis is now his girlfriend!
    Currently(or soon to be) Reading: Alan Scott: Green Lantern, Batman/Superman: World's Finest, Fire & Ice: Welcome to Smallville, Green Arrow, Green Lantern, Jay Garrick: The Flash, Justice Society of America, Power Girl, Superman, Shazam, Titans, Wesley Dodds: Sandman, Wonder Woman, & World's Finest: Teen Titans.

That could be a really interesting love triangle in the New 52.!
    Unless I'm totally confused, :American Alien fits into the "ElseWorlds" category.

BANNED

That could be a really interesting love triangle in the New 52. Let's say before Clark and Diana got together, he went on a cruise and had a one night stand with Barbara before she became the Cheetah. For a few years now, Barbara has missed and longed for Clark not realizing he's Superman. After her confrontation with the Justice League a while back and biting Superman and turning him into one of her were-Cheetah slaves, she's been thinking how something about him smelled & tasted familiar. Eventually she realizes that Clark and Superman are one and the same and that her greatest nemesis is now his girlfriend!
    PLEASE NO! i stoped in love triangle on new 52. let the dudebroness of american alien stay on american alien. I don't want none of this crap on main continuity.

poor cheetahh turned into a manic pixie babe and even being awful is better than being written by finch

Quote Originally Posted by numberthirty View Post
    Unless I'm totally confused, :American Alien fits into the "ElseWorlds" category.

I know. I'm saying the Barbara/Clark connection could be brought into the main continuity.
    Currently(or soon to be) Reading: Alan Scott: Green Lantern, Batman/Superman: World's Finest, Fire & Ice: Welcome to Smallville, Green Arrow, Green Lantern, Jay Garrick: The Flash, Justice Society of America, Power Girl, Superman, Shazam, Titans, Wesley Dodds: Sandman, Wonder Woman, & World's Finest: Teen Titans.

BANNED

what for, so we can have 2 women pulling each other's hair over a boy some more? No thank you. I really did love what Landis did with Cheetah but it disappoints me to learn that she was the option b. I can see now what Landis was going for, with Superman banging his arch-rival's girl...

Also I don't like that Superman, for me he's a coy, modest, adorably old-fashioned boy from Kansas that waits for the right one and puts a ring on her, that's what's absolutely charming about Superman. Keep that

What Clark does with his romantic life has never been a particularly heavy point of emphasis of any incarnation. Him being active sexually hurts absolutely nothing.

From a narrative and continuity pov there's no reason for this Clark to be old-fashioned anyway. Jonathan and Martha were hippies at one time according to issue #1. They definitely have positive values, but nothing to suggest old-fashioned ones.
    Last edited by Sacred Knight; 01-13-2016 at 06:51 PM.
    "They can be a great people Kal-El, they wish to be. They only lack the light to show the way. For this reason above all, their capacity for good, I have sent them you. My only son." - Jor-El

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Pamp_Lusa View Post
    what for, so we can have 2 women pulling each other's hair over a boy some more? No thank you. I really did love what Landis did with Cheetah but it disappoints me to learn that she was the option b. I can see now what Landis was going for, with Superman banging his arch-rival's girl...

Also I don't like that Superman, for me he's a coy, modest, adorably old-fashioned boy from Kansas that waits for the right one and puts a ring on her, that's what's absolutely charming about Superman. Keep that
    I agree with you. but maleness today has to be how many chicks a guy can sleep, drunk one night stands.

Quote Originally Posted by Pamp_Lusa View Post

I'm not saying that Clark has to be a gigolo but I don't see it's being doomsday for Clark's reputation if he had a fling or two before Diana.

BANNED

I'm not saying that Clark has to be a gigolo but I don't see it's being doomsday for Clark's reputation if he had a fling or two before Diana.
    before diana? they are even together anymore, he probably will sleep with many more

Fact of the matter is he's an adult by this time and he's nice, smart, mysterious, somewhat aloof, and oh, extremely handsome. He's going to be approached. He's going to make some connections. There's absolutely zero wrong with acting upon them.

Besides, the notion that Superman, the guy whose nickname is The Man of Tomorrow should be old-fashioned, is part of the reason so many people don't get the character today. And I'm not even talking about relationships and sex here, I'm talking about the total character.
    "They can be a great people Kal-El, they wish to be. They only lack the light to show the way. For this reason above all, their capacity for good, I have sent them you. My only son." - Jor-El

Sure. That said, why recast a current character's background to do so?

I just don't see much of a point. While "It's a small world.", it doesn't need to be that small.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by numberthirty View Post
    Sure. That said, why recast a current character's background to do so?

I just don't see much of a point. While "It's a small world.", it doesn't need to be that small.
    exactly.

I don't know why not have drunk one night stands, sleep with only people u have feelings is called old-fashioned. I always liked that clark was a guy that put love before lust and tried to conquer the woman he loved.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Tayswift View Post
    exactly.

I don't know why not have drunk one night stands, sleep with only people u have feelings is called old-fashioned. I always liked that clark was a guy that put love before lust and tried to conquer the woman he loved.
    old-fashioned in that that's very rare nowadays, it's every girls fantasy to find a man like that isn't it

Quote Originally Posted by Tayswift View Post
    exactly.

Umm, no.

Let's try not to get too off-topic. There's an American Alien thread in the Superman forums.