Page 12 of 58 FirstFirst ... 2891011121314151622 ... LastLast
    Ultimate Member SiegePerilous02's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Nyssane View Post
    Minister Blizzard appears in this week's Batman Annual #1.
    I haven't picked up my copy yet, but from the writers listed, I have it pegged as the Steve Orlando story.

I think he'd be one of the better choices to take over when Rucka leaves. His runs on Supergirl and Apollo/Midnighter, and now (possibly) this show he's isn't afraid to mine the obscure stuff.

EDIT: Just looked at a review of the annual, and it is indeed Orlando.
    Last edited by SiegePerilous02; 12-01-2016 at 10:45 AM.

Orlando would be a great fit! I love his Midnighter series. Supergirl is worth checking out?

Also, in this week's New Talent Showcase #1, Circe's lair is mentioned as being on Themyscira. An old hag named Cyrene was training an amazon in magic, but it could've been Circe in disguise? The whole thing was kinda confusing IMO.

Hi everyone!

Just in general, I would like to see Wonder Woman get some seriously powered enemies, more than just the gods and goddesses.

Diana does really have some foes, and mostly women, they just need to be used more frequently, well written and drawn with good stories/plots.

These would include: Giganta, Superwoman, Nu'Bia and Ursa.

WW needs some male foes too.

I haven't followed the current series. Are there good villains facing Diana?

Extraordinary Member Dr. Poison's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Phoenixx9 View Post
    Hi everyone!

Just in general, I would like to see Wonder Woman get some seriously powered enemies, more than just the gods and goddesses.

Diana does really have some foes, and mostly women, they just need to be used more frequently, well written and drawn with good stories/plots.

WW needs some male foes too.

I haven't followed the current series. Are there good villains facing Diana?

Don't forget Queen Clea and Osira for powerful female WW villains.

As for powerful male villains, there's Aegeus(Pre-Finch version), Baron Blitzkreig, Kung, Sumo the Samurai, and the Duke of Deception.
    Currently(or soon to be) Reading: Alan Scott: Green Lantern, Batman/Superman: World's Finest, Fire & Ice: Welcome to Smallville, Green Arrow, Green Lantern, Jay Garrick: The Flash, Justice Society of America, Power Girl, Superman, Shazam, Titans, Wesley Dodds: Sandman, Wonder Woman, & World's Finest: Teen Titans.

Nu'Bia isn't really considered a villain...

Ursa is a Superman villain, isn't she?

As for Superwoman, she spoilers:
    died during Darkseid War, though it's comics and I'm sure they could bring her back, or just not have it acknowledged for Rebirth.
    end of spoilers

died during Darkseid War, though it's comics and I'm sure they could bring her back, or just not have it acknowledged for Rebirth.
    end of spoilers

spoilers:
    Actually, Superwoman is already kind of back. In the current Superwoman series by Phil Jimenez, Lena Luthor used Superwoman's DNA to create a Bizarro-version of her. She wears the same costume although she seems mindless or rather under Lena's complete control.
    end of spoilers
    Currently(or soon to be) Reading: Alan Scott: Green Lantern, Batman/Superman: World's Finest, Fire & Ice: Welcome to Smallville, Green Arrow, Green Lantern, Jay Garrick: The Flash, Justice Society of America, Power Girl, Superman, Shazam, Titans, Wesley Dodds: Sandman, Wonder Woman, & World's Finest: Teen Titans.

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Poison View Post
    Don't forget Queen Clea and Osira for powerful female WW villains.

As for powerful male villains, there's Aegeus(Pre-Finch version), Baron Blitzkreig, Kung, Sumo the Samurai, and the Duke of Deception.
    Ah, I did forget some of these! Thanks for the reminder.

The Duke always seemed kind of weak to me, puny-like, not a "true" WW foe. lol.

end of spoilers
    Well, I meant Nu'Bia as a foil for Diana and I know they did fight in the past, not seeing eye-to-eye on anything, really. They seemed to have a tentative truce but Nu'Bia does make a good foe for Diana. Equal to WW in many ways (how can that be?!) and with some magical weapons of her own.

While being a Superman foe, WW fought Ursa in WW/Superman and I believe Diana had the upper hand. Ursa is furious and wants many rematches!

Superwoman will always be a WW foe, perhaps the best one, being the evil version of Wonder Woman. If she is not around now, she will be! Ya can't stop Superwoman!

I've always had a soft spot for Giganta (LOVED the way Ed McGuinness drew her). I didn't realize until recently that she was apparently an out-of-continuity character, in that she appeared first in the cartoons--there was no entry for her in the original Who's Who (is this correct?).

Best name for a character ever goes to Barbara Minerva. That is just such a cool, Sixties-type name, I love it.
    Read my free superhero webcomic, The Ill!

http://theill.thecomicseries.com/comics/540/

I don't know anything about Giganta being an out-of-continuity character or having appeared first in cartoons.

I do know that Giganta was originally a gorilla that was transformed into a human female (and told to hate Wonder Woman), which is why she wore that old leopard one-zee.

Originally, Giganta was drawn with blonde hair before they made it red.

Quote Originally Posted by Montressor View Post
    I've always had a soft spot for Giganta (LOVED the way Ed McGuinness drew her). I didn't realize until recently that she was apparently an out-of-continuity character, in that she appeared first in the cartoons--there was no entry for her in the original Who's Who (is this correct?).

Best name for a character ever goes to Barbara Minerva. That is just such a cool, Sixties-type name, I love it.
    Giganta's growing ability first appeared in Super Friends, but the character actually first appeared in the 40's Wonder Woman comics.

All-New Member

Circe has just shown up in Justice League Action
    Circe.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by nate1978 View Post
    Circe has just shown up in Justice League Action
    Circe.jpg
    I like her design, but her role in the episode was somewhat underwhelming. Why in the world would she ever ally herself with Luthor?

I like her design, but her role in the episode was somewhat underwhelming. Why in the world would she ever ally herself with Luthor?

Well, she did it in Grant Morrison's JLA and is set to do it again in the February issue of Trinity. It doesn't make much sense to me either though. I would think Circe sees herself as above the likes of Luthor, Joker, Sinestro, Black Manta, Grodd, etc.

Mighty Member

To relieve boredom.

BANNED

While being a Superman foe, WW fought Ursa in WW/Superman and I believe Diana had the upper hand. Ursa is furious and wants many rematches!

Superwoman will always be a WW foe, perhaps the best one, being the evil version of Wonder Woman. If she is not around now, she will be! Ya can't stop Superwoman!
    Actually that was Faora... not that it really matters since Zod is always accompanied by one female Kryptonian and a hulk Kryptonian both of various names.

Pretty sure Superwoman will always be a League-level thread that just happens to always fight Diana or her stand in along with the rest of the CSA.