Page 14 of 58 FirstFirst ... 410111213141516171824 ... LastLast
    Extraordinary Member Dr. Poison's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Nyssane View Post
    Catching up on Justice League, I noticed we missed:

Giganta appears in Justice League #10 and #11 (her Rebirth debut – she looks unchanged from the New 52 version). Sadly, she doesn't get a great showing.

Does she seem to have a connection to Diana in this story?
    Currently(or soon to be) Reading: Alan Scott: Green Lantern, Batman/Superman: World's Finest, Fire & Ice: Welcome to Smallville, Green Arrow, Green Lantern, Jay Garrick: The Flash, Justice Society of America, Power Girl, Superman, Shazam, Titans, Wesley Dodds: Sandman, Wonder Woman, & World's Finest: Teen Titans.

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Poison View Post
    Does she seem to have a connection to Diana in this story?
    Nope, none. Not even when Simon Baz asks who she is (Flash is the one to reply). Wonder Woman doesn't even fight her in the big battle in #11, it's Flash and Aquaman who defeat her.

Ultimate Member SiegePerilous02's Avatar

Sadly, at this point it's not surprising whenever Giganta appears and has jack to do with Diana.

Quote Originally Posted by SiegePerilous02 View Post
    Sadly, at this point it's not surprising whenever Giganta appears and has jack to do with Diana.
    It's so unfortunate.

Giganta was also in Injustice: Gods Among Us Year Five Annual #1, where she's apparently dating Atom Smasher now. Ares is also featured in a story, and you see him unmasked (he looks like a slighty darker skinned, black-haired version of Rucka's Ares). But I don't really pay much attention to the Injustice comic.

Though there are rumors that Cheetah is playable in Injustice 2, which would be amazing!

Nope, none. Not even when Simon Baz asks who she is (Flash is the one to reply). Wonder Woman doesn't even fight her in the big battle in #11, it's Flash and Aquaman who defeat her.

That's just plain sickening.
    Currently(or soon to be) Reading: Alan Scott: Green Lantern, Batman/Superman: World's Finest, Fire & Ice: Welcome to Smallville, Green Arrow, Green Lantern, Jay Garrick: The Flash, Justice Society of America, Power Girl, Superman, Shazam, Titans, Wesley Dodds: Sandman, Wonder Woman, & World's Finest: Teen Titans.

That's just plain sickening.
    I mean, she's had worse depictions. At least here it took two Justice Leaguers to defeat her, whereas some villains were getting defeated by one or off-panel. She was just one of a bunch of random villains though.

I mean, she's had worse depictions. At least here it took two Justice Leaguers to defeat her, whereas some villains were getting defeated by one or off-panel. She was just one of a bunch of random villains though.

I'm glad to hear that she was a League-level threat but this disconnect from Wonder Woman is quite annoying. Someone needs to fix this with a solid Wonder Woman/Giganta story quick.

I'm glad to hear that she was a League-level threat but this disconnect from Wonder Woman is quite annoying. Someone needs to fix this with a solid Wonder Woman/Giganta story quick.
    I'm still really hoping she's one of the villains in Godwatch.

It would be a shame to be updating Diana's Rogues Gallery and focusing on them while not including her.

BANNED

Giganta not being connected to Diana is however the setting she's had since Flashpoint, like she has more to do with Pandora than Diana.

And to be honest... thats ok with me as long as Giganta is what she is, she's better suited to be menacing other characters in general rather than Diana exclusively. I mean, when you look at her, there's nothing that really says she is a problem only Diana can or should deal with: she's not a close personal friend thats gone of the rails (like Cheetah is now), she's not connected to any mythology or magic item, and even in terms of goals Giganta is more often than not just around to step on things rather than being after Diana specifically.

As for her being part of Godwatch, if it inculdes a revamp about why Giganta is or should be connected to Diana, then I am all for it... even if it's just because she's a hired enforcer.

Quote Originally Posted by Outside_85 View Post
    Giganta not being connected to Diana is however the setting she's had since Flashpoint, like she has more to do with Pandora than Diana.

And to be honest... thats ok with me as long as Giganta is what she is, she's better suited to be menacing other characters in general rather than Diana exclusively. I mean, when you look at her, there's nothing that really says she is a problem only Diana can or should deal with: she's not a close personal friend thats gone of the rails (like Cheetah is now), she's not connected to any mythology or magic item, and even in terms of goals Giganta is more often than not just around to step on things rather than being after Diana specifically.

As for her being part of Godwatch, if it inculdes a revamp about why Giganta is or should be connected to Diana, then I am all for it... even if it's just because she's a hired enforcer.

I get what you're saying but I like Diana's rogues gallery to have a good amount of variety. I don't think they all need to be myth-based or have a personal connection to her. Giganta can just be a big, bruiser who happens to cause trouble in Diana's bubble.

One thing I always thought is making her a boxer. She does have high intelligence and at one point an up and coming scientist but due to her experiments on human beings, she loses that respectful. She becomes a boxer and uses her experiment on herself to make her strength, The reason why she was an experiment is to find a cure for her disease gigantism. Her brain will not stop making her taller. The experiments were a success and so she was able to not only stop growing but also make her bones, cartilage, and muscles more healthy has with gigantism can make the bones weaker..However, the long she uses it the more she notices is that she can increase her height. Also, she is able to slightly decrease her height. Has for how she becomes the fixture on Diana is should be the same things. Both are taller than the average person and both are strong. She shouldn't start to hate on Diana.

BANNED

I get what you're saying but I like Diana's rogues gallery to have a good amount of variety. I don't think they all need to be myth-based or have a personal connection to her. Giganta can just be a big, bruiser who happens to cause trouble in Diana's bubble.
    Yeah, but Diana's villains should generate an "Oh, s@#$!" reaction from Justice League friends. I'm not even sure she generates that for Diana.

Quote Originally Posted by gwangung View Post
    Yeah, but Diana's villains should generate an "Oh, s@#$!" reaction from Justice League friends. I'm not even sure she generates that for Diana.

Considering that it took 2 Leaguers to stop her in JL #11, I think she should.

Quote Originally Posted by AmiMizuno View Post
    One thing I always thought is making her a boxer. She does have high intelligence and at one point an up and coming scientist but due to her experiments on human beings, she loses that respectful. She becomes a boxer and uses her experiment on herself to make her strength, The reason why she was an experiment is to find a cure for her disease gigantism. Her brain will not stop making her taller. The experiments were a success and so she was able to not only stop growing but also make her bones, cartilage, and muscles more healthy has with gigantism can make the bones weaker..However, the long she uses it the more she notices is that she can increase her height. Also, she is able to slightly decrease her height. Has for how she becomes the fixture on Diana is should be the same things. Both are taller than the average person and both are strong. She shouldn't start to hate on Diana.
    I would had just made her a descendent of the mythical Giants and shes just continuing a feud from long ago between the Giants and the Amazons by trying to murder Wonder Woman as a tribute to her ancestors.

BANNED

Fair enough, maybe not a personal connection as such then... but give Giganta a reason to seek out Diana, something to justify why she'd risk going another round with her, anything would be better than 'she's Giganta and Diana just happened to be nearby'.

If not, then let Giganta go, let her roam and be a shared problem for the heroes of DC Earth. One day she's trying her hand against Superman or Wonder Woman, the next she's dealing with the Teen Titans or someone else. There is no point in keeping Giganta with Diana if you are only going to use her whenever Diana need an easy win over a huge adversary before moving onto something more interesting.