Page 19 of 58 FirstFirst ... 915161718192021222329 ... LastLast
    Extraordinary Member Dr. Poison's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Mel Dyer View Post
    Circe was pale and creepy, with blood-red hair, for DECADES, ..when she and Doctor Cyber, eventually joined by the Ares-powered Silver Swan, were Wonder Woman's pre-Crisis arch-nemeses. Even George Perez's run gave her dark, blood-hued purple hair, just like the Justice League cartoon, ..and not the circus-favored, bubblegum lavender she was stuck with, after Mr. Perez left WW. Creepiness and red hair are her iconic elements.

As I said in the previous post, I very much liked the JL cartoon's Kirby-inspired look ..and thought it actually made that lavender clown-hair from the post-Perez days, almost tolerable.

This is my favorite design for Circe EVER!
    Currently(or soon to be) Reading: Alan Scott: Green Lantern, Batman/Superman: World's Finest, Fire & Ice: Welcome to Smallville, Green Arrow, Green Lantern, Jay Garrick: The Flash, Justice Society of America, Power Girl, Superman, Shazam, Titans, Wesley Dodds: Sandman, Wonder Woman, & World's Finest: Teen Titans.

Extraordinary Member Vanguard-01's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Poison View Post
    This is my favorite design for Circe EVER!
    Her Justice League Action persona is also quite awesome.

Though much is taken, much abides; and though
    We are not now that strength which in old days
    Moved earth and heaven, that which we are, we are,
    One equal temper of heroic hearts,
    Made weak by time and fate, but strong in will
    To strive, to seek, to find, and not to yield.

--Lord Alfred Tennyson--

And the conclusion to Circe kicking Zeus-Lex's butt! Literally!

Be glad the video ends there. Unfortunately, JLA Hippolyta revealed herself to be quite unlikable two seconds after that video ended.
    Last edited by Vanguard-01; 03-17-2017 at 09:02 AM.

--Lord Alfred Tennyson--

Quote Originally Posted by Vanguard-01 View Post

Be glad the video ends there. Unfortunately, JLA Hippolyta revealed herself to be quite unlikable two seconds after that video ended.
    What did she do?

Hippolyta calls them outsiders.

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Z View Post
    What did she do?
    Hippolyta? Yeah, as Ami says, she calls Batman and Superman "Outsiders" earlier in the episode. She totally looked down on them and refused to talk to them. In fact, when they talked to HER, Hippolyta told Diana to tell them not to address her directly.

Then after they helped save her island and her people, Hippolyta thanked them, as in the video, and then immediately ordered them to leave and had her guards level their spears at them. Literally, her next line of dialogue after that video ends is to order them to leave and threaten them.

She comes across as a total stuck-up man-hater. And considering that those men were instrumental in saving her daughter, her people, and herself, that makes her look seriously ungrateful and unlikable.

--Lord Alfred Tennyson--

Agreed. Makes me wonder if the JLA Amazons are similar to the New 52 Amazons.
    Currently(or soon to be) Reading: Alan Scott: Green Lantern, Batman/Superman: World's Finest, Fire & Ice: Welcome to Smallville, Green Arrow, Green Lantern, Jay Garrick: The Flash, Justice Society of America, Power Girl, Superman, Shazam, Titans, Wesley Dodds: Sandman, Wonder Woman, & World's Finest: Teen Titans.

Doctor Psycho is apparently going to be featured in the TV Series Powerless (episode 7). I'm not personally a fan of the show (I tried watching the first episode and it was abysmal) but I guess it's cool to see him in it?

A VILLAINOUS ATTACK PUTS A WRENCH IN THE TEAM'S MUCH NEEDED COMPANY RETREAT - In need of some real R&R, the team gears up to leave for a company retreat when supervillain Dr. Psycho releases a toxic gas in Charm City. Now stuck in the Wayne Security offices, Emily (Vanessa Hudgens) does her best to make the most of a terrible situation. Alan Tudyk, Danny Pudi, Christina Kirk and Ron Funches also star. Jennie Pierson recurs.

Quote Originally Posted by Nyssane View Post
    Doctor Psycho is apparently going to be featured in the TV Series Powerless (episode 7). I'm not personally a fan of the show (I tried watching the first episode and it was abysmal) but I guess it's cool to see him in it?

I wonder if that's a typo and they mean Dr. Poison? Toxic gas isn't really Psyho's M.O.

BANNED

That has got to be a typo.
    Makes sense that it is Dr. Poison who releases toxic gases, and it also makes sense that, in anticipation of the Wonder Woman film, we get some WW villains in other media.
    Also...man, I soooo disagree with you in regard to Powerless. I find it charming, adorable, and just all-around awesome. I know that I am in the minority, and that kills me because I love the show and I know that, with the tepid ratings it has gotten, it's only a matter of time before it is axed.
    I am going to miss the gang.

BANNED

Hippolyta? Yeah, as Ami says, she calls Batman and Superman "Outsiders" earlier in the episode. She totally looked down on them and refused to talk to them. In fact, when they talked to HER, Hippolyta told Diana to tell them not to address her directly.

Then after they helped save her island and her people, Hippolyta thanked them, as in the video, and then immediately ordered them to leave and had her guards level their spears at them. Literally, her next line of dialogue after that video ends is to order them to leave and threaten them.

She comes across as a total stuck-up man-hater. And considering that those men were instrumental in saving her daughter, her people, and herself, that makes her look seriously ungrateful and unlikable.
    You mean almost exactly as she was in the DCAU where she did basically the same thing.

Aegeus does indeed appear in Justice League of America #5 this week.

spoilers:
    And it looks like his New 52 version has been wiped away from existence. I didn't have a chance to read the story yet but his appearance is a modern take on the original character.
    end of spoilers

Incredible Member

Aegeus does indeed appear in Justice League of America #5 this week.

spoilers:
    And it looks like his New 52 version has been wiped away from existence. I didn't have a chance to read the story yet but his appearance is a modern take on the original character.
    end of spoilers
    Best spoiler of the day! Yay!!

Quote Originally Posted by Frank View Post
    Best spoiler of the day! Yay!!

Agreed! Even though I didn't hate the Finchs' run overall, I did hate their remixes of Aegeus and Dr. Poison. I hope Aegeus' connection to Wonder Woman is reestablished.

Quote Originally Posted by Outside_85 View Post
    You mean almost exactly as she was in the DCAU where she did basically the same thing.
    Yep. Don't know why DC Animation always seems to want to portray Hippolyta as a stuck-up manhater. DC Superhero Girls is just about the only exception I can name. Hippolyta hasn't shown up much in the show, but she attended a celebratory dinner at the Kent farm and seemed to have no problem getting along with everyone.

Hopefully Hippolyta won't be like that in the movies.

--Lord Alfred Tennyson--