Page 20 of 58 FirstFirst ... 1016171819202122232430 ... LastLast
    Ultimate Member SiegePerilous02's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Nyssane View Post
    Aegeus does indeed appear in Justice League of America #5 this week.

spoilers:
    And it looks like his New 52 version has been wiped away from existence. I didn't have a chance to read the story yet but his appearance is a modern take on the original character.
    end of spoilers
    I flipped through this at the store. What little I saw of him, I liked, particularly the weapons he was selling. The "Dyoniasian Rifle" sounded wicked cool.

*sigh* I wish Orlando was taking over after Rucka instead of (most likely) Gail.

Extraordinary Member Dr. Poison's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Vanguard-01 View Post
    Yep. Don't know why DC Animation always seems to want to portray Hippolyta as a stuck-up manhater. DC Superhero Girls is just about the only exception I can name. Hippolyta hasn't shown up much in the show, but she attended a celebratory dinner at the Kent farm and seemed to have no problem getting along with everyone.

Hopefully Hippolyta won't be like that in the movies.

Hippolyta on the Super Friends wasn't a man-hater. Granted, she only appeared in a few episodes but in one of them, she and the Amazons came to the rescue of Man's World when it was about to be taken over by Ocina(a clear Queen Clea rip-off) when Ocina had captured Wonder Woman, Aquaman, and Rima.
    Currently(or soon to be) Reading: Alan Scott: Green Lantern, Batman/Superman: World's Finest, Fire & Ice: Welcome to Smallville, Green Arrow, Green Lantern, Jay Garrick: The Flash, Justice Society of America, Power Girl, Superman, Shazam, Titans, Wesley Dodds: Sandman, Wonder Woman, & World's Finest: Teen Titans.

Any Giganta ?

Quote Originally Posted by AmiMizuno View Post
    Any Giganta ?
    Giganta was last in Justice League #13 (I think). At least she's appeared post-Rebirth, but it looks like she's still the same as in the New 52.

I forgot to mention, I finally read the Aegeus story in JLA. They did a great job revamping him as a formidable threat (though I hope his connection to Wonder Woman is eventually explored). I love the idea of someone who sells common thugs mythical artifacts and weaponry. Steve Orlando seems to be a fan of WW's villains as he's used a number of them now in other series.

Giganta was last in Justice League #13 (I think). At least she's appeared post-Rebirth, but it looks like she's still the same as in the New 52.

I forgot to mention, I finally read the Aegeus story in JLA. They did a great job revamping him as a formidable threat (though I hope his connection to Wonder Woman is eventually explored). I love the idea of someone who sells common thugs mythical artifacts and weaponry. Steve Orlando seems to be a fan of WW's villains as he's used a number of them now in other series.

I read JLA too and enjoyed this remixed version of Aegeus much more than the Finch version. I just hope that Diana makes a a cameo or at least is mentioned as having fought Aegeus in the past even if it's something quick like the Ray asking "Shouldn't we call in Wonder Woman?" with Batman replying "She's taken him down numerous times before. Let's give her a break."
    Currently(or soon to be) Reading: Alan Scott: Green Lantern, Batman/Superman: World's Finest, Fire & Ice: Welcome to Smallville, Green Arrow, Green Lantern, Jay Garrick: The Flash, Justice Society of America, Power Girl, Superman, Shazam, Titans, Wesley Dodds: Sandman, Wonder Woman, & World's Finest: Teen Titans.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Vanguard-01 View Post
    Yep. Don't know why DC Animation always seems to want to portray Hippolyta as a stuck-up manhater. DC Superhero Girls is just about the only exception I can name. Hippolyta hasn't shown up much in the show, but she attended a celebratory dinner at the Kent farm and seemed to have no problem getting along with everyone.

Hopefully Hippolyta won't be like that in the movies.
    I don't think I've ever seen animated Hippolyta as a manhater to be honest. She may dismiss or ignore them on many occasions, but I would say thats simply down to her actually being a queen. She is not supposed to be super friendly with people from outside her queendom, she isn't supposed to be overly polite or tolerate any slighs aimed at her or her people, because she always is representing the interests of her people first and foremost, especially when they are watching her.

And this is where I kinda thing Hippolyta is somewhat like Marvel's Medusa, they sound and act one way when they are the rulers of their lands, but they are very different when they do not have to be. Like it was pointed out to Medusa she was with the A-Force because it allowed her to not be the Queen of the Inhumans, she's just Medusa really. Same is true of Hippolyta, once you take her off the island and put her with regular people (or heroes) she's very different to a degree you wouldn't imagine.

Like... I wouldn't be at all surprised if the movie taps into the idea that Hippolyta does not want Diana to leave, because she speaks from experience. Not just ancient experience, but experience Hippolyta accumulated over the ages... when she left the island for the same reasons Diana is-

While playing Injustice 2, I found a gear for Cheetah that references Baroness von Gunther (the gear was called something like "von Gunther's Halter"). It's a pretty cool nod, I hope to find more!

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Outside_85 View Post
    I don't think I've ever seen animated Hippolyta as a manhater to be honest. She may dismiss or ignore them on many occasions, but I would say thats simply down to her actually being a queen. She is not supposed to be super friendly with people from outside her queendom, she isn't supposed to be overly polite or tolerate any slighs aimed at her or her people, because she always is representing the interests of her people first and foremost, especially when they are watching her.

And this is where I kinda thing Hippolyta is somewhat like Marvel's Medusa, they sound and act one way when they are the rulers of their lands, but they are very different when they do not have to be. Like it was pointed out to Medusa she was with the A-Force because it allowed her to not be the Queen of the Inhumans, she's just Medusa really. Same is true of Hippolyta, once you take her off the island and put her with regular people (or heroes) she's very different to a degree you wouldn't imagine.

Like... I wouldn't be at all surprised if the movie taps into the idea that Hippolyta does not want Diana to leave, because she speaks from experience. Not just ancient experience, but experience Hippolyta accumulated over the ages... when she left the island for the same reasons Diana is-
    She didn't come across as much of a "man-hater" in the JL/JLU animated show. Sure she wasn't their biggest fan, but she was at least was willing to acknowledge when they did good.

Also spoilers:
    Gundra appeared in this week's Odyssey of the Amazons #5
    end of spoilers, though I haven't read it yet.

Also spoilers:
    Gundra appeared in this week's Odyssey of the Amazons #5
    end of spoilers, though I haven't read it yet.

FINALLY! I'd love to see a scan of her current appearance and know what happens to her.

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Poison View Post
    FINALLY! I'd love to see a scan of her current appearance and know what happens to her.
    I think you'll be somewhat disappointed, she's not quite what she used to be.

Add a couple more villains to the list of appearing this week:

spoilers:
    Fausta Grables and Dalma were in Wonder Woman '77 Meets the Bionic Woman #4. Fausta was one of only two villains to ever appear on the Lynda Carter TV series, and Dalma was another minor amazon on the TV series but a renegade amazon in the Golden Age who became one of WW's enemies. Doctor Cyber, as mentioned before, is one of the main antagonists of the special so she's still appearing as well.
    end of spoilers

And for those not in the know, Cheetah was referenced in the latest Flash TV episode.

Ultimate Member SiegePerilous02's Avatar

And for those not in the know, Cheetah was referenced in the latest Flash TV episode.
    Interesting! Was it a detailed reference, or just a passing one?

I think you'll be somewhat disappointed, she's not quite what she used to be.

Add a couple more villains to the list of appearing this week:

spoilers:
    Fausta Grables and Dalma were in Wonder Woman '77 Meets the Bionic Woman #4. Fausta was one of only two villains to ever appear on the Lynda Carter TV series, and Dalma was another minor amazon on the TV series but a renegade amazon in the Golden Age who became one of WW's enemies. Doctor Cyber, as mentioned before, is one of the main antagonists of the special so she's still appearing as well.
    end of spoilers

Thanks for sharing!

Quote Originally Posted by SiegePerilous02 View Post
    Interesting! Was it a detailed reference, or just a passing one?
    A passing one.

spoilers:
    Barry and Captain Cold pass through a bunch of Argus Supervillain cells. After passing the cell for Grodd they see a cell labeled "Cheetah."
    end of spoilers

Ultimate Member

It'd doesn't surprise me. They referenced Harley Quinn on Arrow before, Batman on Supergirl, and with the movie coming up, it was only a matter of time before either Diana herself, or at least someone connected to her, god the nod as well.