Page 3 of 58 FirstFirst 12345671353 ... LastLast
    Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Vanguard-01 View Post
    I haven't even read the issue, and I'm already thinking about not watching Arrow anymore out of sheer spite.
    Guys I think we seriously need to start a topic about street level heroes capable of taking out gods because of PIS. At this point, Batman is not the only one being guilty of this.

I'm honestly shocked. That had to be the worst portrayal of Cheetah... ever. In history. It was worse to me than Cheetah getting handcuffed to a lamppost or getting one-punched by Batman.

Quote Originally Posted by Nyssane View Post
    I'm honestly shocked. That had to be the worst portrayal of Cheetah... ever. In history. It was worse to me than Cheetah getting handcuffed to a lamppost or getting one-punched by Batman.
    So...what happened?
    #InGunnITrust, #ZackSnyderistheBlueprint, #ReleasetheAyerCut

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Nyssane View Post
    But how a major Woman Woman enemy, a nemesis like Cheetah found her way in a Green Arrow book without Wonder Woman being involved in the story ? Its like DC do not even care. Everytime the Joker shows up, you can expect Batman to show up regardless if its a Batman book or not. Same thing with Lex Luthor. Luthor shows up, Superman shows up. So how come when Cheetah shows up, Wonder Woman does not. Why DC keep disrespecting Wonder Woman and her enemies like that ?
    Last edited by TheDarkKnightReturns; 02-04-2015 at 12:55 PM.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Pinsir View Post
    So...what happened?

Green Arrow, a powerless human, defeated Cheetah with a mere trick Arrow.

Quote Originally Posted by TheDarkKnightReturns View Post
    Green Arrow, a powerless human, defeated Cheetah with a mere trick Arrow.
    It wasn't even just that that really disappointed me. It was the fact that Cheetah was in jail (okay, "supermax prison" or whatever), and the authorities decided to throw Felicity Smoak (who is someone I have never heard of) in with Cheetah... first, if Cheetah wanted out of prison, she'd get out of prison. Johns depicted Cheetah as purposely getting caught by the Justice League and going to Belle Reeve for a reason. Here, she's in a women's prison for no apparent reason. I'm assuming Steve Trevor threw her in there after their last battle, since I think that was her most recent appearance. And a woman's prison where she just happens to have an old frenemy thrown into the same cell as her. Why the hell would the authorities put what seems to be an average woman in with Cheetah? The Priscilla Rich version, okay... I wouldn't have hated this appearance had it been her. But the god-like Barbara Minerva? Please.

And then, to top it all off, Cheetah comments that she'll have "mop duty" when she ends up killing Felicity. But of course, before she can do it, she's restrained by Green Arrow's trick arrows. Very, very lame.

BANNED

I hope this issue gets the hell criticized out of it

Quote Originally Posted by Lord of Narrative View Post
    I hope this issue gets the hell criticized out of it
    Doubt it. Everyone expected crap from this creative team so no surprise here. I think most GA fans are just silently waiting for new creative team.

I think Egg Fu appearing in Harley Quinn's comic isn't indicative to how he'll look if/when he eventually appears in the New 52. He was played up more as a cute character, and he did sneak in a ton of past WW references to his history in his origin rant, but I don't know if Harley's book takes place on Earth-0. It might, but it's such a wacky and irreverent (and enjoyable) book that doesn't sync up with her status on the Suicide Squad (although she looks much better in her own book compared to her Squad look).

Ultimate Member SiegePerilous02's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by HsssH View Post
    Doubt it. Everyone expected crap from this creative team so no surprise here. I think most GA fans are just silently waiting for new creative team.
    This gives me hope that fans aren't gonna make fun of Cheetah for being a lame character and actually put the blame where it belongs: on the crappy writing.

I'm kind of morbidly curious about how Black Canary was nerfed in an earlier issue, even though I'm sure it will piss me off.

Ultimate Member

No, Canary was nerfed pretty much throughout all of Kreisberg's GA/BC run. And Judd Winick didn't treat her all that well either.

Quote Originally Posted by SiegePerilous02 View Post
    I'm kind of morbidly curious about how Black Canary was nerfed in an earlier issue, even though I'm sure it will piss me off.
    It happened before Flashpoint, he was writing GA/BC team-up book that is pretty much agreed to be worst GA run in history.

Spectacular Member

Extraordinary Member Dr. Poison's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by anarki View Post

That should have been the equivalent of Batman punching Bizarro.
    Currently(or soon to be) Reading: Alan Scott: Green Lantern, Batman/Superman: World's Finest, Fire & Ice: Welcome to Smallville, Green Arrow, Green Lantern, Jay Garrick: The Flash, Justice Society of America, Power Girl, Superman, Shazam, Titans, Wesley Dodds: Sandman, Wonder Woman, & World's Finest: Teen Titans.

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Poison View Post
    That should have been the equivalent of Batman punching Bizarro.
    Or Batman punching out Wonder Woman in a fight. It's disrespectful to Cheetah to have her defeated so easily, but worse, it's disrespectful to Wonder Woman since Cheetah is one of her top foes. The fact that Cheetah gives her such trouble yet gets punched out in one hit by Batman or easily grappled by Green Arrow's gadgets is pretty sad, and speaks poorly for Wondie.