Page 36 of 58 FirstFirst ... 2632333435363738394046 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by PopQuezy View Post
    Attachment 103196

Wonder Woman rogues are getting some new Heroclix figures. I can't help but notice Silver Swan is among the rogues used. With Bloodlines, Swan's inclusion of the recent Cloonan spread, and this figure, do you think D.C. is committed to making Swan a bigger rogue in Diana's gallery?
    Maybe, but idk Vanessa as the Silver Swan has limited shelf-life to me and only really worked because it was building on actual character history.

I notice Circe is in her New 52 appearance which is also what they used for in that WW board game. Wonder if that means DC wants to settle on that as Circe’s look.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Gaius View Post
    Maybe, but idk Vanessa as the Silver Swan has limited shelf-life to me and only really worked because it was building on actual character history.

I notice Circe is in her New 52 appearance which is also what they used for in that WW board game. Wonder if that means DC wants to settle on that as Circe’s look.
    They also used that look briefly in Justice League Dark and Trinity for Rebirth. For merchandising reasons, it is a better look to sell to consumers than the more subdued one with the short hair and trench coat.

They also used that look briefly in Justice League Dark and Trinity for Rebirth. For merchandising reasons, it is a better look to sell to consumers than the more subdued one with the short hair and trench coat.
    I like both but kind of prefer Circe changing her appearance on a whim, but yeah it is something that would make sense for brand/merchandising purposes.

I love those heroclix! I'll have to find people to play with since my last gaming group got into it for like two weeks and then thought it was too hard to keep track of all the characters (yeah, that's the quality of gamer I'm working with).

Wonder Woman's also getting a big set of like 70 or so figures. I'm hoping it means characters like Angle Man and Gundra (or, shudder... Blue Snowman!) can make it to the game. But apparently the precedent has been set for Wonder Woman's "sets" often being non-WW related characters, so we'll see.

Not sure if she counts as a Wonder Woman villain but a new version of Superwoman with the new Crime Syndicate.

I hope if they got much into her they give a better characterization than just being the person who sleeps around with every member of the team.

Attachment 103196

Wonder Woman rogues are getting some new Heroclix figures. I can't help but notice Silver Swan is among the rogues used. With Bloodlines, Swan's inclusion of the recent Cloonan spread, and this figure, do you think D.C. is committed to making Swan a bigger rogue in Diana's gallery?
    Bonus points for using Donna's best costume .

Incredible Member

Wonder Woman: Agent of Peace 23 will have Cheetah as the main antagonist/reluctant ally based on the solicit. The official DC website does not have a cover photo posted yet.

Wonder Woman: Agent of Peace 23 will have Cheetah as the main antagonist/reluctant ally based on the solicit. The official DC website does not have a cover photo posted yet.
    When movie synergy finally does something good.

About time .

According to Bleeding Cool's 91 Rumours, Gossip, and Teases for 2021:

spoilers:
    Hypnotic Woman (Hypnota) "is persuading everyone she's Wonder Woman in Future State: Suicide Squad. Pretty neat for the 8th member of Villainy Inc. who is often overlooked and definitely used the least.
    end of spoilers

Ultimate Member SiegePerilous02's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Nyssane View Post

spoilers:
    Hypnotic Woman (Hypnota) "is persuading everyone she's Wonder Woman in Future State: Suicide Squad. Pretty neat for the 8th member of Villainy Inc. who is often overlooked and definitely used the least.
    end of spoilers
    Very nice! I'm hoping this carries over and she's used in the main book!

spoilers:
    We pretty much have a full set now, aside from Clea being missing. I hope we are FINALLY getting Villainy Inc. back!
    end of spoilers

spoilers:
    end of spoilers
    That's actually a clever use of her.

Incredible Member

spoilers:
    end of spoilers
    Hahahahaha! First I said I could see Yara Flor getting a Wonder Girl show. Everyone disagreed, and it was revealed a week later. Then I said it would be great to see a Wonder Woman villain on a particular team. Now that particular team is getting a Wonder Woman villain. Just saying...

Hahahahaha! First I said I could see Yara Flor getting a Wonder Girl show. Everyone disagreed, and it was revealed a week later. Then I said it would be great to see a Wonder Woman villain on a particular team. Now that particular team is getting a Wonder Woman villain. Just saying...
    Shame that it's this particular villain. I doubt the character will generate much interest. Does she have a personality dynamic enough to become a regular?

Ultimate Member SiegePerilous02's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Alpha View Post
    Shame that it's this particular villain. I doubt the character will generate much interest. Does she have a personality dynamic enough to become a regular?
    No, but she hasn't been used regularly since the Golden Age, so it's not like she's had much opportunity to develop one. And you need to start somewhere, so might as well be now (or preferably back in the main WW book).