Page 39 of 58 FirstFirst ... 2935363738394041424349 ... LastLast
    Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Nyssane View Post
    I got a chance to read it.

spoilers:
    The story was... not good (in terms of Diana/Steve). But Blue Snowman was fun and I like the revelation that she (possibly they in the future?) is genderfluid as it's a good evolution of the golden age character. It humanizes her quite a bit BUT I don't want it to mean she won't appear in the future as a villain.
    end of spoilers
    I haven't gotten a chance to read it, but I did get to see the design. While I thought it looked great for that story except for the hat and pipe, I hope they'll give the character a better design in-universe. Great to see another classic rogue.

Quote Originally Posted by PopQuezy View Post
    I haven't gotten a chance to read it, but I did get to see the design. While I thought it looked great for that story except for the hat and pipe, I hope they'll give the character a better design in-universe. Great to see another classic rogue.
    Aw, I love that design!

There was also...
    spoilers:
    a page in a later story featuring the "Injustice Lords" which has Lex, Joker, Black Adam (or should I say Shazadam... gigs), Ra's al Ghul, and a fifth villain.... Dr. Cyber in a new design? I don't recognize that villain and Wonder Woman's missing a representative... does anyone know who it is?
    end of spoilers

I got a chance to read it.

spoilers:
    The story was... not good (in terms of Diana/Steve). But Blue Snowman was fun and I like the revelation that she (possibly they in the future?) is genderfluid as it's a good evolution of the golden age character. It humanizes her quite a bit BUT I don't want it to mean she won't appear in the future as a villain.
    end of spoilers
    Yeah, the Diana/Steve stuff was disappointing for the most part.

spoilers:
    She was lot fun, yes. I guess given how often Marston used the "woman disguised a man" trope, it's not a stretch to make a later version of them genderfluid
    end of spoilers

Aw, I love that design!

There was also...
    spoilers:
    a page in a later story featuring the "Injustice Lords" which has Lex, Joker, Black Adam (or should I say Shazadam... gigs), Ra's al Ghul, and a fifth villain.... Dr. Cyber in a new design? I don't recognize that villain and Wonder Woman's missing a representative... does anyone know who it is?
    end of spoilers
    That was Brainiac.

Quote Originally Posted by Gaius View Post
    That was Brainiac.

...Gross. So Wonder Woman didn't have anyone? I reiterate, gross.

Read the comic.
    spoilers:
    Yeah, I didn't really like this issue. I mean, did Steve and Diana have to behave like teenagers ripped out of a YA novel? The villain was less obnoxious than the protagonists.
    end of spoilers

Blue Snowman will appear in Sensational Wonder Woman #8, going off the descriptor of the issue in Comixology.

Incredible Member

Blue Snowman will appear in Sensational Wonder Woman #8, going off the descriptor of the issue in Comixology.
    I just saw the descriptions. It looks like they may be in Sensational Wonder Woman 7 and 8 as both are about someone controlling the weather. It also seems DC is committing to making them gender nonbinary as DC uses "them" to describe Blue Snowman.

Quote Originally Posted by PopQuezy View Post
    I just saw the descriptions. It looks like they may be in Sensational Wonder Woman 7 and 8 as both are about someone controlling the weather. It also seems DC is committing to making them gender nonbinary as DC uses "them" to describe Blue Snowman.
    Noticed that too when I read through it, hopefully means more plans for the character to appear.

Wow, I love how much Byrna is appearing lately!

Mighty Member

Yeah, the Diana/Steve stuff was disappointing for the most part.

spoilers:
    She was lot fun, yes. I guess given how often Marston used the "woman disguised a man" trope, it's not a stretch to make a later version of them genderfluid
    end of spoilers
    spoilers:
    To tell you the truth I was actually hoping the one to become genderfluid would be Hypnota...I suppose mainly for the woman being in a "man's field of study" [chemistry and engineering specifically] that both Posion and Blue Snowman cover where Hypnota's abilities are something she may have been born with... Eh, oh well. That said...one thing I'm really worried about is how long will they keep them as a villain. It's hard enough as a female villain to remain bad once she gains popularity...Something tells me that it will be harder to keep this character bad to the bone.
    end of spoilers

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Mistah K88 View Post
    spoilers:
    To tell you the truth I was actually hoping the one to become genderfluid would be Hypnota...I suppose mainly for the woman being in a "man's field of study" [chemistry and engineering specifically] that both Posion and Blue Snowman cover where Hypnota's abilities are something she may have been born with... Eh, oh well. That said...one thing I'm really worried about is how long will they keep them as a villain. It's hard enough as a female villain to remain bad once she gains popularity...Something tells me that it will be harder to keep this character bad to the bone.
    end of spoilers
    Well, first the character will have to gain popularity and be taken seriously before we have to worry about the character being reformed. That is in no way a credible threat as of today.

Quote Originally Posted by Mistah K88 View Post
    spoilers:
    end of spoilers
    spoilers:
    I can see your point with characters like Harley and Ivy and how DC has tried white-washed them of their crimes but I think it will be a long while before Blue Snowman gets to the point of being popular enough for that to happen and even then, they've never done anything as particularly heinous as the aforementioned two. [
    end of spoilers]

...Gross. So Wonder Woman didn't have anyone? I reiterate, gross.
    They couldn't even do her default villain and just put Cheetah at the table...

I read Future State: Suicide Squad #2 that had both Hypnotic Woman and Cheetah.

spoilers:
    ...They both died...

Actually everyone died except Conner Kent. At least Hypnotic Woman had a cool moment. Cheetah was just kind of there...

The story was weird, it takes place at the end of the upcoming March Suicide Squad run, but since it's FUTURE STATE , timey-wimey wibby-wobbly, it's probably an alternate future meant as a warning for what the ending could be if things get out of hand or something. Who knows.

Maybe Hypnotic Woman will be in the Suicide Squad run. That'd be neat.
    end of spoilers