Page 4 of 58 FirstFirst 123456781454 ... LastLast
    Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Nyssane View Post
    Or Batman punching out Wonder Woman in a fight. It's disrespectful to Cheetah to have her defeated so easily, but worse, it's disrespectful to Wonder Woman since Cheetah is one of her top foes. The fact that Cheetah gives her such trouble yet gets punched out in one hit by Batman or easily grappled by Green Arrow's gadgets is pretty sad, and speaks poorly for Wondie.
    And Cheetah running away from Catwoman is sad too.

I *might* have ranted (I did) about this on Twitter a little last night. It's just inexcusable for Cheetah to be used this way. They are never going to have interesting supervillains to hold their own against Wonder Woman until editorial gets it together and writers develop her in a thoughtful manner, like the character face lifts and revamps of Captain Cold and the Rogues, Black Adam, Sinestro, Black Manta, etc.

Barbara took on the whole Justice League. She's a major foe of one of the top two most powerful beings on Earth 0. Get it together and get it right and get it written. Johns gets her (even though it was a very short story) from the relaunch, but all you have to do is look to what Perez, Rucka and Jimenez developed to build on it. I mean Simone got "her" and wrote her perfectly in just a few panels of one story in Secret Six before the relaunch.

I'm done trying to understand why Cheetah, Circe, Giganta, Dr. Psycho, Dr. Poison, etc. don't get developed into the devious, malevolent and powerful foes they should be, not only for Diana, but the rest of the DCU. They're all (mostly) human monsters of a sort and do monstrous things... What's not to find interesting or mine for stories? (Especially with the backdrop myths [stories full of imperfect heroes, fallen humans and monsters themselves] from which Diana springs as a character.) I just don't get it. It's all very elegant and thematic in my mind.

After this ridiculous situation for Cheetah in Green Arrow #39, I want to write an editorial guide and guidelines book for Wonder Foes that gets enforced across the creative process. Check it several times and then double check it several times while developing and before publishing your story.

Extraordinary Member Dr. Poison's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by WonderScott View Post
    I *might* have ranted (I did) about this on Twitter a little last night. It's just inexcusable for Cheetah to be used this way. They are never going to have interesting supervillains to hold their own against Wonder Woman until editorial gets it together and writers develop her in a thoughtful manner, like the character face lifts and revamps of Captain Cold and the Rogues, Black Adam, Sinestro, Black Manta, etc.

Barbara took on the whole Justice League. She's a major foe of one of the top two most powerful beings on Earth 0. Get it together and get it right and get it written. Johns gets her (even though it was a very short story) from the relaunch, but all you have to do is look to what Perez, Rucka and Jimenez developed to build on it. I mean Simone got "her" and wrote her perfectly in just a few panels of one story in Secret Six before the relaunch.

I'm done trying to understand why Cheetah, Circe, Giganta, Dr. Psycho, Dr. Poison, etc. don't get developed into the devious, malevolent and powerful foes they should be, not only for Diana, but the rest of the DCU. They're all (mostly) human monsters of a sort and do monstrous things... What's not to find interesting or mine for stories? (Especially with the backdrop myths [stories full of imperfect heroes, fallen humans and monsters themselves] from which Diana springs as a character.) I just don't get it. It's all very elegant and thematic in my mind.

After this ridiculous situation for Cheetah in Green Arrow #39, I want to write an editorial guide and guidelines book for Wonder Foes that gets enforced across the creative process. Check it several times and then double check it several times while developing and before publishing your story.

You're not alone. I messaged both Kreisberg and Johns on Twitter yesterday asking what the heck happened with Cheetah's portrayal. I have not yet received a reply.....
    Currently(or soon to be) Reading: Alan Scott: Green Lantern, Batman/Superman: World's Finest, Fire & Ice: Welcome to Smallville, Green Arrow, Green Lantern, Jay Garrick: The Flash, Justice Society of America, Power Girl, Superman, Shazam, Titans, Wesley Dodds: Sandman, Wonder Woman, & World's Finest: Teen Titans.

Who are the Nu 52 super-villains, so far?

Cheetah
    First Born
    Voice of God
    Circe
    Doctor Psycho
    Giganta
    Hekate
    Donna Troy [?]
    Mouse Man (deceased)

Anyone else? I can't keep track, anymore.
    COMBINING THE BIGBADITUDE OF THANOS WITH CHEETAH'S FEROCITY, IS JANUS WONDER WOMAN'S GREATEST SUPERVILLAIN?...on WONDABUNGA!!! Look alive, Kangaliers!

Quote Originally Posted by Mel Dyer View Post
    Who are the Nu 52 super-villains, so far?

Cheetah
    First Born
    Voice of God
    Circe
    Doctor Psycho
    Giganta
    Hekate
    Donna Troy [?]
    Mouse Man (deceased)

Anyone else? I can't keep track, anymore.
    Blue Snowman and Angle Man.

BANNED

http://www.comicbookresources.com/?p...ticle&id=59150 cheetah on new batman animated movie

Extraordinary Member Vanguard-01's Avatar

Cheetah vs. Batman?

Get ready to watch her go down in total humiliation again.

I'll be skipping this one.
    Though much is taken, much abides; and though
    We are not now that strength which in old days
    Moved earth and heaven, that which we are, we are,
    One equal temper of heroic hearts,
    Made weak by time and fate, but strong in will
    To strive, to seek, to find, and not to yield.

--Lord Alfred Tennyson--

I can't even with that one. Cheetah working for Penguin alongside "Silverback" (no clue who that even is), Croc, and Man-Bat is one of the worst ideas ever in the history of superheroes. At least maybe with Flash in it, we'll have a speedster battle, but these movies never seem to show Cheetah as a speedster, just as a scratchy lady.

God dang it, with the Green Arrow apperance and this, it does not look like a good week for Cheetah ={

And with her first apperance in the nu52 being that Justice League apperance, it made me so opimistic for her future!

I'm trying to look at the fact that the movie producers chose to use the Cheetah over Catwoman or Catman which says a lot considering that Cheetah is the only non-Batman rogue to appear in the short. Hopefully she gives the heroes are good run for their money.
    Currently(or soon to be) Reading: Alan Scott: Green Lantern, Batman/Superman: World's Finest, Fire & Ice: Welcome to Smallville, Green Arrow, Green Lantern, Jay Garrick: The Flash, Justice Society of America, Power Girl, Superman, Shazam, Titans, Wesley Dodds: Sandman, Wonder Woman, & World's Finest: Teen Titans.

Ultimate Member SiegePerilous02's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Poison View Post
    I'm trying to look at the fact that the movie producers chose to use the Cheetah over Catwoman or Catman which says a lot considering that Cheetah is the only non-Batman rogue to appear in the short. Hopefully she gives the heroes are good run for their money.
    It seems an odd choice. I thought Silverback was Grodd, but it looks like Cheetah is indeed the only non-Bat rogue.

I fully expect Batman to take her out in a half assed fashion. What's really annoying is that I would LOVE to see a well written Bruce vs. Minerva story; they are two of my favorite DC characters, and if it they were both treated with respect, it would be awesome. I'd even be fine with Batman winning provided he looked pretty worse for the wear at the end of it. But that is unlikely to ever happen.

I hope Johns gets off his ass and brings her back in JL sometime after Convergence to wash the taste of this crap out of my mouth. Or hell, put him on the solo book, his schedule just opened up. I'd be willing to tolerate a poorly written Diana if the villains are overhauled effectively.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Vanguard-01 View Post
    Cheetah vs. Batman?

Get ready to watch her go down in total humiliation again.

I'll be skipping this one.
    I am going to ask this question : Does DC even care about Wonder Woman at this point ? Because seeing her nemesis being beaten by powerless heroes shows me how DC really thinks of Wonder Woman. Ares should be Woman Woman's nemesis from this point on.
    Last edited by TheDarkKnightReturns; 02-10-2015 at 12:15 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by TheDarkKnightReturns View Post
    I am going to ask this question : Does DC even care about Wonder Woman at this point ? Because seeing her nemesis being beaten by powerless heroes shows me how DC really thinks of Wonder Woman. Ares should be Woman Woman's nemesis from this point on.

Considering the most recent version of Ares was a dirty, drunken, old bum who couldn't even hold his own against the First Born, I don't see Ares as being threatening enough to be taken seriously by people who only watch DC cartoons. My point is that every character is subject to a badly written story.

Quote Originally Posted by Nyssane View Post
    I can't even with that one. Cheetah working for Penguin alongside "Silverback" (no clue who that even is), Croc, and Man-Bat is one of the worst ideas ever in the history of superheroes. At least maybe with Flash in it, we'll have a speedster battle, but these movies never seem to show Cheetah as a speedster, just as a scratchy lady.
    It feels like Flash and Green Arrow were picked due to having their own TV shows while villains were picked based on "lets pick some villains that looks like animals" and Cheetah managed to make the cut. This reminds me of her appearance in that Forever Evil tie-in with Steve Trevor where she was basically running a Zoo of villains. I think many people in "power" see her as villain with animal gimmick and not as something important to Wonder Woman or anyone for that matter.

Quote Originally Posted by HsssH View Post
    It feels like Flash and Green Arrow were picked due to having their own TV shows while villains were picked based on "lets pick some villains that looks like animals" and Cheetah managed to make the cut. This reminds me of her appearance in that Forever Evil tie-in with Steve Trevor where she was basically running a Zoo of villains. I think many people in "power" see her as villain with animal gimmick and not as something important to Wonder Woman or anyone for that matter.

I think part of that stems from the fact that the Cheetah hasn't been used in Wonder Woman's solo book in almost 4 years. You can't say the same about the Joker and Luthor with Batman and Superman's books.