Page 43 of 58 FirstFirst ... 3339404142434445464753 ... LastLast

I just posted in the Arch Villain thread that we need so many more Wonder foes developed... I’m glad to hear some of them may be showing up.

Mighty Member

How exciting. The ladies of Villainy Inc have been proving that women can be just as nasty and vindictive as their male counterparts. Most female villains in comics are always tied to common tropes like "the seductress" or "the misandrist" which Wonder Woman does have, however there are so many female villains in Wonder Woman's rogues gallery that they'd have to get creative with some of them!

Ultimate Member SiegePerilous02's Avatar

Some nice cameos in Wonder Woman Earth One Volume 3 judging by the Amazon sneak peak (mine is in the mail!)

spoilers:
    What look like BLUE SNOWMAN, Atomia, Badra, Flamina, Celerita and possibly the retinue of Queen Clea are all on Paradise island for the funeral of Hippolyta. These all may be reimagined reformed Amazons!
    end of spoilers

Quote Originally Posted by Mistah K88 View Post
    How exciting. The ladies of Villainy Inc have been proving that women can be just as nasty and vindictive as their male counterparts. Most female villains in comics are always tied to common tropes like "the seductress" or "the misandrist" which Wonder Woman does have, however there are so many female villains in Wonder Woman's rogues gallery that they'd have to get creative with some of them!
    Yes, I like how a good number of female Wonder Woman villains don't use their femininity to their advantage, but also aren't ugly when they take their masks off. They aren't evil because they are ugly (which is a somewhat common troupe as well) they are evil because they are bad people.

I don't mind female villains using their felinity to their advantage, but like you said, it's overused.

Extraordinary Member Dr. Poison's Avatar

spoilers:
    In today's Wonder Woman #770, there is a large snowman creature in Valhalla with blue eyes which leads me to believe that is a version of the Blue Snowman transformed to fit into the Valhalla setting. I get the feeling we'll see more of Diana's rogues transformed to fit into the Gods Sphere as she takes her journey home.
    end of spoilers
    Last edited by Dr. Poison; 03-09-2021 at 04:43 PM.
    Currently(or soon to be) Reading: Alan Scott: Green Lantern, Batman/Superman: World's Finest, Fire & Ice: Welcome to Smallville, Green Arrow, Green Lantern, Jay Garrick: The Flash, Justice Society of America, Power Girl, Superman, Shazam, Titans, Wesley Dodds: Sandman, Wonder Woman, & World's Finest: Teen Titans.

spoilers:
    The villains listed in my last post were unfortunately just Easter egg cameos, but still neat.

Max Lord is revealed to be Ares himself in the last volume of Earth one. And he has Deception, Greed and Conquest accompanying him in Earthly guises
    end of spoilers

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Poison View Post
    spoilers:
    In today's Wonder Woman #770, there is a large snowman creature in Valhalla with blue eyes which leads me to believe that is a version of the Blue Snowman transformed to fit into the Valhalla setting. I get the feeling we'll see more of Diana's rogues transformed to fit into the Gods Sphere as she takes her journey home.
    end of spoilers
    This would be neat, and hopefully means we will be seeing the real versions soon as well.

Quote Originally Posted by SiegePerilous02 View Post
    spoilers:
    The villains listed in my last post were unfortunately just Easter egg cameos, but still neat.

Max Lord is revealed to be Ares himself in the last volume of Earth one. And he has Deception, Greed and Conquest accompanying him in Earthly guises
    end of spoilers
    Think most saw that last bit coming.

spoilers:
    At least they made him a character who actually has ties back to the Golden Age and brought his servants along also.
    end of spoilers

Some nice cameos in Wonder Woman Earth One Volume 3 judging by the Amazon sneak peak (mine is in the mail!)

spoilers:
    What look like BLUE SNOWMAN, Atomia, Badra, Flamina, Celerita and possibly the retinue of Queen Clea are all on Paradise island for the funeral of Hippolyta. These all may be reimagined reformed Amazons!
    end of spoilers
    spoilers:
    I saw the page you're talking about and Atomia was the clearest cameo out of the bunch. That likely is Blue Snowman, too, but I don't know if they're for sure Badra or Flamina. Celerita I didn't even remember (I need to reread that issue) but those giant women do indeed look like her.
    end of spoilers

spoilers:
    end of spoilers
    I didn't get that from the yeti creatures personally. I think they're just Nordic creatures.

Quote Originally Posted by Nyssane View Post
    spoilers:
    I saw the page you're talking about and Atomia was the clearest cameo out of the bunch. That likely is Blue Snowman, too, but I don't know if they're for sure Badra or Flamina. Celerita I didn't even remember (I need to reread that issue) but those giant women do indeed look like her.
    end of spoilers
    spoilers:
    Flamina is the one to the left of Atomia. I'm more certain of her than I am of Badra, the figure next to Blue Snowman. I only think it's her due to the black hair and similar looking purple dress. For non-villainous cameos, we also have Queen Eeras and Princess Octavia and Queen Astra.

I also wonder who the blonde woman in the white dress is next to "Flamina", she looks like she might be somebody but nothing spring to mind
    end of spoilers

Extraordinary Member Dr. Poison's Avatar

spoilers:
    end of spoilers

I didn't get that from the yeti creatures personally. I think they're just Nordic creatures.

spoilers:
    It was the blue eyes and the fact that the creature was referred to as a "snowman" is what made me cock an eyebrow. I could be very well be wrong but Conrad did tell me on Twitter that many WW-rogues would be showing up in "some form or another" so I'm suspicious.
    end of spoilers
    Currently(or soon to be) Reading: Alan Scott: Green Lantern, Batman/Superman: World's Finest, Fire & Ice: Welcome to Smallville, Green Arrow, Green Lantern, Jay Garrick: The Flash, Justice Society of America, Power Girl, Superman, Shazam, Titans, Wesley Dodds: Sandman, Wonder Woman, & World's Finest: Teen Titans.

spoilers:
    It was the blue eyes and the fact that the creature was referred to as a "snowman" is what made me cock an eyebrow. I could be very well be wrong but Conrad did tell me on Twitter that many WW-rogues would be showing up in "some form or another" so I'm suspicious.
    end of spoilers
    Do you mean when Diana called Thor a showman? Easy mistake if so!

spoilers:
    As for Blue Snowman in Earth One, it turns out that creature is actually a Neutron blue robot from WW #21 (according to Yanick Paquette on Twitter). I had a completely dumb moment and tweeted at Adam Hughes asking about it but Paquette was kind enough to answer without judgment. I don't know what I was thinking as I'm a big Paquette fan and I am well aware he does Earth One, haha.
    end of spoilers

Do you mean when Diana called Thor a showman? Easy mistake if so!

spoilers:
    As for Blue Snowman in Earth One, it turns out that creature is actually a Neutron blue robot from WW #21 (according to Yanick Paquette on Twitter). I had a completely dumb moment and tweeted at Adam Hughes asking about it but Paquette was kind enough to answer without judgment. I don't know what I was thinking as I'm a big Paquette fan and I am well aware he does Earth One, haha.
    end of spoilers
    oooh, that actually makes a LOT more sense.

spoilers:
    end of spoilers
    That was a Frost Giant from Nordic lore
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Well, in Conrad's tweet to Dr. Poison

spoilers:
    he did indicate that the list of villains Poison provided had a lot of names that would show up, and Blue Snowman was in it
    end of spoilers

It's likely a coincidence for this issue, but didn't Cloonan also say to pay attention to the background characters as they'd offer clues to long time readers?

Well, in Conrad's tweet to Dr. Poison

spoilers:
    he did indicate that the list of villains Poison provided had a lot of names that would show up, and Blue Snowman was in it
    end of spoilers

It's likely a coincidence for this issue, but didn't Cloonan also say to pay attention to the background characters as they'd offer clues to long time readers?
    I was thinking on this as

spoilers:
    I noticed one of the Vikings who "killed" Diana was a blonde and had predominately green colors on their clothes, as well also looked like a female. Have a hunch that might be Gundra since those are her traditional colors it seems
    end of spoilers