Page 47 of 58 FirstFirst ... 3743444546474849505157 ... LastLast

Why the hell would you bring back First Born over Strife? She was much more fun!

Quote Originally Posted by Gaius View Post
    I just count my blessings they didn't do the neck snap (I guess Supes took one for the team in MoS).

Though I recall coming across some who complained she didn't snap his neck so ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
    So glad those people were disappointed, the same group of people who were mad Diana was using her lasso instead of decapitating folks left and right with her sword. For a group that hates Johns as much as they do, the Snyder folks sure are obsessed with seeing his takes.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Quote Originally Posted by Largo161 View Post
    You actually timed them? LOL
    What's more, I know that the scenes that were cut were Barbara scenes. So she would have been in the movie longer than him...

Also ScreenRant timed them, not me. I ain't got that much time or patience.

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    Why the hell would you bring back First Born over Strife? She was much more fun!
    Maybe someone called dibs on her for another story? (is what I'm hoping)

So glad those people were disappointed, the same group of people who were mad Diana was using her lasso instead of decapitating folks left and right with her sword. For a group that hates Johns as much as they do, the Snyder folks sure are obsessed with seeing his takes.
    I'm pretty sure 99.9% that group doesn't read comics. Unless, of corse, its to find that one panel Johns wrote about how WW "deals" with her enemies...

Extraordinary Member Dr. Poison's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by I'm a Fish View Post
    ...It's Cheetah's movie if I don't watch any of the scenes with Max in it...

also Cheetah-sequel, Cheetah-sequel, Cheetah-sequel

...What if the worst thing happens and they somehow merge...

Now that, just might be interesting.
    Currently(or soon to be) Reading: Alan Scott: Green Lantern, Batman/Superman: World's Finest, Fire & Ice: Welcome to Smallville, Green Arrow, Green Lantern, Jay Garrick: The Flash, Justice Society of America, Power Girl, Superman, Shazam, Titans, Wesley Dodds: Sandman, Wonder Woman, & World's Finest: Teen Titans.

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Poison View Post
    Now that, just might be interesting.
    First Born + Max = The First Lord.

You know, with New 52 being wholly a "it never really happened" moment in Diana's history (as much as I loath Rucka for it, especially when it was to replace the awesome gods of the Olympian pantheon with whatever soup he was dishing) I think it could actually makes First Born a lot more poignant. If he is the only thing which remains of that era, being basically a fake creation (like Donald Blake in Thor recently) coming back and discovering that the absolute crap that has been his life was just because the Gods somehow wanted to prevent Diana from returning to Themyscyra or something like that, there would be a lot of potential to make him go from "I want to rule" to "I want to be real".

And the second one opens the possbility for Diana, Hypollita, Nubia, Artemis or any of the Wonder Girls to actually deal with him not in a brawl but by offering him another way to be, you know?

Not that I expect it to happen, but damn it DC. You've got all the card to make FB really poignant now, uses them instead of using him like a blunt object. His story is really tragic even during the New 52 run and now it's even more tragic.

Extraordinary Member Dr. Poison's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Korath View Post
    You know, with New 52 being wholly a "it never really happened" moment in Diana's history (as much as I loath Rucka for it, especially when it was to replace the awesome gods of the Olympian pantheon with whatever soup he was dishing) I think it could actually makes First Born a lot more poignant. If he is the only thing which remains of that era, being basically a fake creation (like Donald Blake in Thor recently) coming back and discovering that the absolute crap that has been his life was just because the Gods somehow wanted to prevent Diana from returning to Themyscyra or something like that, there would be a lot of potential to make him go from "I want to rule" to "I want to be real".

And the second one opens the possbility for Diana, Hypollita, Nubia, Artemis or any of the Wonder Girls to actually deal with him not in a brawl but by offering him another way to be, you know?

Not that I expect it to happen, but damn it DC. You've got all the card to make FB really poignant now, uses them instead of using him like a blunt object. His story is really tragic even during the New 52 run and now it's even more tragic.

I kind of like your idea although I doubt the Wonder Family could soothe his rage and help him find redemption. Still, it could make him a better villain for the long haul.
    Currently(or soon to be) Reading: Alan Scott: Green Lantern, Batman/Superman: World's Finest, Fire & Ice: Welcome to Smallville, Green Arrow, Green Lantern, Jay Garrick: The Flash, Justice Society of America, Power Girl, Superman, Shazam, Titans, Wesley Dodds: Sandman, Wonder Woman, & World's Finest: Teen Titans.

Quote Originally Posted by I'm a Fish View Post
    What's more, I know that the scenes that were cut were Barbara scenes. So she would have been in the movie longer than him...
    #ReleaseTheCheetahCut

Quote Originally Posted by Psy-lock View Post
    #ReleaseTheCheetahCut
    Lol, honestly I don't know why they didn't put the extra 11 minutes in as a bonus feature.

It wasn't game changing stuff though, just Barbara being at the gym longer (she breaks a treadmill) and a scene of her breaking into the Embassy of Mexico in D.C. and I think the dinner scene was longer too(?). None of the deleted scenes affected the plot.

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Poison View Post
    I kind of like your idea although I doubt the Wonder Family could soothe his rage and help him find redemption. Still, it could make him a better villain for the long haul.
    If I had the possibility to write him, I think i'd make him exist only if he commits some act worthy of making people remember him... but doing acts of villainy would be easier than doing the long haul to be remembered lovingly, so the character would be torn between wanting to be real for the long haul (and villainy helps) and being worthy of being remembered (so not being a villain wuld be better).

But I don't expect such nuance from DC when it comes to FB.

If I had the possibility to write him, I think i'd make him exist only if he commits some act worthy of making people remember him... but doing acts of villainy would be easier than doing the long haul to be remembered lovingly, so the character would be torn between wanting to be real for the long haul (and villainy helps) and being worthy of being remembered (so not being a villain wuld be better).

But I don't expect such nuance from DC when it comes to FB.
    Him as Urzkartaga both have Hyena henchmen.

Not that that means anything I just find it interesting.

Yeah, I like this Idea too. I happen to be one of the few it seems to like the First Born as a reoccurring villain. I hate the Nu52 with a surprising amount of passion, but I actually like the First Born as a new villain despite the run not being good in my eyes. I like the evil He-Man vibes he gives off and I feel like he could be used even without the "daughter of Zeus" origins like you described here.
    Zaldrīzes Buzdari Iksos Daor

Ultimate Member SiegePerilous02's Avatar

Not sure if this was mentioned earlier in this thread circa the Future State stuff, but Circe is being alluded to in the current Superman direction

spoilers:
    The House of El introduces a future son of Clark's that he had with Circe, after she used "deception." Sounds like a whole can of worms that I'm not sure how to feel about. I really only want to see Circe involved with the Super mythos if she's zapping Clark's head into a lion or creating Comet the Super Horse, so it sounding like she rapes Clark to get a child being the thing they bring her in for is...less than stellar. Aside from the whole Jon as Superman thing, this is the only part of the direction for the Super books I'm not getting positive vibes from. Hopefully it's a very minor part or Circe is actually used well. Maybe have Diana brought in, again, if she will be used well
    end of spoilers

Quote Originally Posted by SiegePerilous02 View Post
    Not sure if this was mentioned earlier in this thread circa the Future State stuff, but Circe is being alluded to in the current Superman direction

spoilers:
    The House of El introduces a future son of Clark's that he had with Circe, after she used "deception." Sounds like a whole can of worms that I'm not sure how to feel about. I really only want to see Circe involved with the Super mythos if she's zapping Clark's head into a lion or creating Comet the Super Horse, so it sounding like she rapes Clark to get a child being the thing they bring her in for is...less than stellar. Aside from the whole Jon as Superman thing, this is the only part of the direction for the Super books I'm not getting positive vibes from. Hopefully it's a very minor part or Circe is actually used well. Maybe have Diana brought in, again, if she will be used well
    end of spoilers

Edit: Honestly I'm hoping most of what happened to Wonder Woman villains (or what they are alluded to doing to other heroes, as you mentioned) in Future State is not used... Circe and Grail where alright in the Nubia comic though.
    Last edited by I'm a Fish; 04-28-2021 at 02:21 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by SiegePerilous02 View Post

spoilers:
    end of spoilers
    Yeah, I recall that hearing that back when the FS books were coming out.

spoilers:
    I’m not reading the Super books at the moment but I don’t think Circe needs that on her resume. I can’t say I’m a fan of Superman writers getting to decide something like that with a WW villain in a book that doesn’t involve her
    end of spoilers
    Last edited by Gaius; 04-28-2021 at 02:22 PM.