Page 56 of 58 FirstFirst ... 64652535455565758 LastLast

Giganta was the focus of one of the stories in Black and Gold today.

Astonishing Member WonderLight789's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by I'm a Fish View Post
    Cheetah and Queen of Fables are both in Deathstroke #3

spoilers:
    And no, Deathstroke wasn’t a physical match for Cheetah. He had to beat her by destroying the page that her story was written on, since the world she’s in is actually from the Queen of Fables book.
    end of spoilers
    What happened once he destroyed the page?

Cheetah and Queen of Fables are both in Deathstroke #3

spoilers:
    And no, Deathstroke wasn’t a physical match for Cheetah. He had to beat her by destroying the page that her story was written on, since the world she’s in is actually from the Queen of Fables book.
    end of spoilers
    I actually quite liked the story. It was also nice to see Cheetah as a physical threat. spoilers:
    At first I had an issue with Cheetah bargaining with Deathstroke to let her go, but then I realized from that smirk that she was likely entertained by Deathstroke vs. TRUTH.
    end of spoilers

Definitely not one of the worst Cheetah appearances outside the WW title. Refreshing.

Quote Originally Posted by mystical41 View Post
    What happened once he destroyed the page?
    spoilers:
    Chee-tera was destroyed with only Deathstroke and Cheetah left alive since they didn’t belong to that world. Then Cheetah struck a deal with Deathstroke that he would stop hunting her if she told him the truth about T.R.U.S.T.
    end of spoilers

Quote Originally Posted by Nyssane View Post
    I actually quite liked the story. It was also nice to see Cheetah as a physical threat. spoilers:
    At first I had an issue with Cheetah bargaining with Deathstroke to let her go, but then I realized from that smirk that she was likely entertained by Deathstroke vs. TRUTH.
    end of spoilers

Definitely not one of the worst Cheetah appearances outside the WW title. Refreshing.
    spoilers:
    the best part was Slade lecturing Cheetah about mistreating her citizens, and then two pages later he proceeds to murder all of those citizens by destroying the page. LMAO, classic Slade. XD
    end of spoilers
    ~I just keep swimming through these threads~

spoilers:
    Chee-tera was destroyed with only Deathstroke and Cheetah left alive since they didn’t belong to that world. Then Cheetah struck a deal with Deathstroke that he would stop hunting her if she told him the truth about T.R.U.S.T.
    end of spoilers

spoilers:
    the best part was Slade lecturing Cheetah about mistreating her citizens, and then two pages later he proceeds to murder all of those citizens by destroying the page. LMAO, classic Slade. XD
    end of spoilers
    Don't want to be too picky. But Cheetah shouldn't need to worry about deathstroke. He isn't supposed to be anywhere near her level.

Quote Originally Posted by mystical41 View Post
    Don't want to be too picky. But Cheetah shouldn't need to worry about deathstroke. He isn't supposed to be anywhere near her level.
    She wasn't. She just wanted T.R.U.S.T off her tail and what better way to do that than turn their own operative against them.

Two birds, one stone, that sort of thing.
    ~I just keep swimming through these threads~

spoilers:
    Blue Snowman and Minister Blizzard appear in two separate stories in the 'Tis the Season to be Freezin' special. The Blue Snowman one is meh, but DC is continuing Byrna being genderfluid (and even confirmed they/them pronouns!). I haven't read the Minister Blizzard one yet.
    end of spoilers

Grail appeared in Justice Incarnate #1 along with other villains from apokolips. She is also in the preview for issue 2.

This might be one of those cases where nobody cares if they take a Wonder Woman villain away to another franchise.

She wasn't. She just wanted T.R.U.S.T off her tail and what better way to do that than turn their own operative against them.

Two birds, one stone, that sort of thing.
    She literally said to deathstroke. If you let me go i'll tell you about trust. The issue showed Cheetah as a weaklink(yet again) that could be taken down by deathstroke. Sigh.

How did she do in suicide squad does anybody know? I am pretty sure she was treated like garbage there too. But can somebody confirm?

ah yes, genderswapped Grayven

spoilers:
    Angle Man appears in Deathstroke Inc. #6. It's a glorified cameo with a bunch of other villains, but it's more than he's had since the New 52.
    end of spoilers

Extraordinary Member Dr. Poison's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Nyssane View Post
    spoilers:
    Angle Man appears in Deathstroke Inc. #6. It's a glorified cameo with a bunch of other villains, but it's more than he's had since the New 52.
    end of spoilers

spoilers:
    This is good news considering that he was killed during the New 52 in Forever Evil and later replaced by James Robinson's Anglette.
    end of spoilers
    Currently(or soon to be) Reading: Alan Scott: Green Lantern, Batman/Superman: World's Finest, Fire & Ice: Welcome to Smallville, Green Arrow, Green Lantern, Jay Garrick: The Flash, Justice Society of America, Power Girl, Superman, Shazam, Titans, Wesley Dodds: Sandman, Wonder Woman, & World's Finest: Teen Titans.

Extraordinary Member Primal Slayer's Avatar

Apparently Barbara was in Superman: American Alien

Jees, those pages are just an endless succession of:

Was Landis trying to cram as many random cameos into one scene as humanly possible? I also noticed in his Kryptonian Epic pitch that pretty much everybody in his DC universe already knows everybody and is connected in some way before they even become heroes/villains.

It reminds of how people joke that Star Wars, despite being a vast galaxy of limitless possibility, always comes down to everyone being related to the same 4-5 characters. It just makes the world seem so small and insular.
    "See this new character? Turns out she's related to so-and-so from the first movie!"

Probably included Cheetah so he could have Clark bang a Wonder character and since it's set pre-Superman days that meant Diana is off the table.