Page 6 of 58 FirstFirst ... 23456789101656 ... LastLast
    Extraordinary Member Dr. Poison's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by TheDarkKnightReturns View Post
    Which is why Ares is the perfect nemesis for Wonder Woman. I'm sorry but too many DC writers over the years made a joke out of Cheetah for to taken be seriously as a valid enemy for Wonder Woman now. Ares is perfect and he will resonate to the general audience if he is used in the upcoming Wonder Woman. I mean you don't need to know a lot about Greek mythology to know that Ares is the God of War. Thats why no DC writers on other books think about using him because they know he is a god and therefore cannot be takedown by powerless humans with their stupid batarangs and trick arrows. Plus he has strong visuals that scream hey guy I'm THE bad guy. Cheetah ? Nope.

No DC writers on other books think about using Ares? He's been in Injustice ever since it started. Plus, like others have mentioned, Cheetah isn't the only one with inconsistent portrayals over the years. Ares was different under Perez, Rucka, JMS/Hester, and Azzarello. I think the fact that he and the other Olympians are labeled as "gods" is laughable considering how various DC characters over the years have been able to harm or kill them including Wonder Woman, Superman, Darkseid, and Circe. In light of this, the Olympians aren't really gods but more so just extremely powerful super-beings ala Superman. You may not care for the Cheetah but she's usually the Wonder Woman enemy that gets put into the cartoons, movies, or made into an action figure.
    Last edited by Dr. Poison; 02-10-2015 at 06:46 PM.
    Currently(or soon to be) Reading: Alan Scott: Green Lantern, Batman/Superman: World's Finest, Fire & Ice: Welcome to Smallville, Green Arrow, Green Lantern, Jay Garrick: The Flash, Justice Society of America, Power Girl, Superman, Shazam, Titans, Wesley Dodds: Sandman, Wonder Woman, & World's Finest: Teen Titans.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Poison View Post
    1No DC writers on other books think about using Ares? He's been in Injustice ever since it started. Plus, like others have mentioned, Cheetah isn't the only one with inconsistent portrayals over the years. Ares was different under Perez, Rucka, JMS/Hester, and Azzarello. I think the fact that he and the other Olympians are labeled as "gods" is laughable considering how various DC characters over the years have been able to harm or kill them including Wonder Woman, Superman, Darkseid, and Circe. In light of this, the Olympians aren't really gods but more so just extremely powerful super-beings ala Superman. 2You may not care for the Cheetah but she's usually the Wonder Woman enemy that gets put into the cartoons, movies, or made into an action figure.
    First point : I was talking about other hero books. For instance, you will never see Ares in a Bat book.

Second point : Which is why WB/DC need to push Ares as the ultimate Wonder Woman enemy. Ares was used in the 2009 Wonder Woman animated movie which was considered a success by the critics and fans.

Quote Originally Posted by Punisher007 View Post
    So Cheetah's taking orders from the Penguin in the new animated movie now? Yeah, that makes sense, ugh. What's next, Ares doing the Riddler's bidding? Or perhaps Circe working for Hush?
    To be fair, that short looked like it was targeted for 9-year-olds in order to sell toys. I wouldn't take it too seriously.

BANNED

So Cheetah's taking orders from the Penguin in the new animated movie now? Yeah, that makes sense, ugh. What's next, Ares doing the Riddler's bidding? Or perhaps Circe working for Hush?
    Allow me to point out that in the animated universes Cheetah working for Penguin is more than likely a question of Penguin being loaded and Cheetah wanting money. Which was the same motivation she had for joining Luthors Injustice League in the JL cartoon.

I'm getting tired of having to post this warning in every thread.

The topic is 'villain appearances in the nu52' not 'Let's argue about Azzarello's run again.'

Enough.
    Gaelforce
    WonderAdmin
    THE CBR COMMUNITY STANDARDS & RULES - Ignorance of the rules is no excuse!

BANNED

well Cheetah is on the new suicide squad

So what WW villians have not been reintroduced during the New 52? In my post-Crisis readings I noted that it took 10 years for them to reintroduce Giganta.
    #InGunnITrust, #ZackSnyderistheBlueprint, #ReleasetheAyerCut

Quote Originally Posted by Pinsir View Post
    So what WW villians have not been reintroduced during the New 52? In my post-Crisis readings I noted that it took 10 years for them to reintroduce Giganta.
    Silver Swan
    Doctor Poison
    Queen Clea (though it's a possibility she'll be in the Seven Kings storyline)
    Doctor Cyber
    Baroness von Gunther
    Duke of Deception

Of course there are more minor villains like Deimos, Phobos, Osira, and Astarte who haven't appeared, but those above are the big rogues who haven't appeared yet. Sadly, the ones that have appeared so far (Cheetah, Giganta, Doctor Psycho, Angle Man, Circe, Blue Snowman, Egg Fu) have all appeared outside of her main book.

Quote Originally Posted by Nyssane View Post
    Silver Swan
    Doctor Poison
    Queen Clea (though it's a possibility she'll be in the Seven Kings storyline)
    Doctor Cyber
    Baroness von Gunther
    Duke of Deception

Of course there are more minor villains like Deimos, Phobos, Osira, and Astarte who haven't appeared, but those above are the big rogues who haven't appeared yet. Sadly, the ones that have appeared so far (Cheetah, Giganta, Doctor Psycho, Angle Man, Circe, Blue Snowman, Egg Fu) have all appeared outside of her main book.
    In my post-Crisis readings I haven't even encountered a bunch of those villains too. It took decades for them to come back.

So far from my readings, from Perez-Loebs-Byrns we got;

> Cheetah
    > Silver Swan
    > Egg Fu
    > Ares (name changed from Mars)
    > Giganta at the very end of Byrne's run
    #InGunnITrust, #ZackSnyderistheBlueprint, #ReleasetheAyerCut

Quote Originally Posted by Pinsir View Post
    In my post-Crisis readings I haven't even encountered a bunch of those villains too. It took decades for them to come back.

So far from my readings, from Perez-Loebs-Byrns we got;

> Cheetah
    > Silver Swan
    > Egg Fu
    > Ares (name changed from Mars)
    > Giganta at the very end of Byrne's run
    You know what, I don't think Doctor Cyber appears at all in the second volume of WW (nor does Deception, come to think of it). Poison first appears in Luke's run though, and Clea in Jimenez's.

As for sightings, Blacksun is right. Cheetah will be a regular Suicide Squad member starting with issue #9.

Egg Fu is also still being featured in Harley Quinn, his most recent appearance in this week's Valentine's Special.

Giganta (and "Bizarra," the Bizarro Wonder Woman) were also featured in the Lego film "Justice League vs. Bizarro League."

Ultimate Member SiegePerilous02's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Nyssane View Post
    Well, at least that article makes it seem like she'll be competent. "Psychotic killing machine" makes her sound kind of one-note, but her duplicitous nature is going to be present and she might have her own agenda. I will have to check this out. Though once again I am annoyed that she isn't being featured in a Wonder Woman related book. Hopefully Diana guest stars.

And my god, I forgot how dumb the Reverse Flash's New 52 design is. Classic yellow is simple, but looks much better.

How is the New Suicide Squad so far? I've read some bad reviews from the first issues, but the new lineup looks interesting and Carlis D'Anda is a very dynamic artist. I might check it out post-Convergence if there's a chance for Cheetah to stand out for once.

Ultimate Member

Hmm, on the one hand it's cool to see Cheetah (and Poison Ivy) play a big role in an ongoing again (hopefully she'll go back to the powerful badass that she was under Johns here). On the other hand, that team is really close to being OOP, and a SS without Deadshot on it doesn't feel like true SS to me. But we'll see how it goes.

Incredible Member

Hmm, on the one hand it's cool to see Cheetah (and Poison Ivy) play a big role in an ongoing again (hopefully she'll go back to the powerful badass that she was under Johns here). On the other hand, that team is really close to being OOP, and a SS without Deadshot on it doesn't feel like true SS to me. But we'll see how it goes.
    Don't worry about the team being OP.

Parasite : Superman enemy
    Black Hand : Green Lantern enemy
    Poison Ivy : Batman enemy
    Reverse Flash : Flash enemy
    Cheetah : Wonder Woman enemy
    Talon assassin : Batman enemy

Its clear to me that Waller is planning on an assault on the Justice League. Waller always wanted to take out the Justice league since day one. Or maybe Waller hope this version of the Suicide Squad will render the Justice League useless in the eyes of the public.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by SiegePerilous02 View Post
    And my god, I forgot how dumb the Reverse Flash's New 52 design is. Classic yellow is simple, but looks much better.
    But isn't there something about Reverse Flash not being connected to the Zoom's?