Page 7 of 58 FirstFirst ... 345678910111757 ... LastLast
    Ultimate Member SiegePerilous02's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Outside_85 View Post
    But isn't there something about Reverse Flash not being connected to the Zoom's?
    Oh, is that what that is? I haven't been reading the Flash since the 52 started. I just saw him on a few of the covers and thought he looked dumb. Though if this is the case, it's kind of redundant to have a Reverse Flash and a Zoom. Two evil speedsters with the same basic gimmick of "like the Flash, but opposite/evil" is pretty silly.

Quote Originally Posted by Stormcrow View Post
    How is the New Suicide Squad so far? I've read some bad reviews from the first issues, but the new lineup looks interesting and Carlis D'Anda is a very dynamic artist. I might check it out post-Convergence if there's a chance for Cheetah to stand out for once.
    I read it up to fifth issue I think, it was pretty bad. Considering lineup of first arc and these new members I think its fairly obvious that either editor or writer doesn't really understand what Suicide Squad should be about.

As for Wonder Woman and slow reintroduction of villains, I think its really two factors playing out here:

a) Writers want to tell new stories instead of doing covers to what previous writers did, often it includes creating new characters and villains which I think isn't bad thing.
    b) Wonder Woman has one title while characters like Batman and Superman have multiple titles going on, naturally they are going to reintroduce all the big guns much faster while creating new storie at the same time.

Edit: Additional point, WW does not have her Joker/Luthor. Every time Cheetah is mentioned as one we have people arguing about Circe and Ares being more relevant than Cheetah, you don't have that with Joker or Luthor.

Quote Originally Posted by HsssH View Post
    As for Wonder Woman and slow reintroduction of villains, I think its really two factors playing out here:

a) Writers want to tell new stories instead of doing covers to what previous writers did, often it includes creating new characters and villains which I think isn't bad thing.
    b) Wonder Woman has one title while characters like Batman and Superman have multiple titles going on, naturally they are going to reintroduce all the big guns much faster while creating new storie at the same time.
    I would also add that there may have been a deliberate intention to ignore elements Wonder Woman's pre-Crisis elements, including her villains.

Edit: Additional point, WW does not have her Joker/Luthor. Every time Cheetah is mentioned as one we have people arguing about Circe and Ares being more relevant than Cheetah, you don't have that with Joker or Luthor.
    In my reading of post-Crisis runs, both Circe, Ares, and Cheetah appear in the Perez-Loebs-Byrne trifecta, while no other characters, with the exception of the Kappatelis family and Superman appear in all three. I think it is fair to say they are all WW's arch nemesis

Also, why did Perez change Cheetah's identity? She was originally Priscalla something, now she is Barbara Minerva.
    Last edited by Pinsir; 02-11-2015 at 12:37 PM.
    #InGunnITrust, #ZackSnyderistheBlueprint, #ReleasetheAyerCut

Quote Originally Posted by HsssH View Post
    I read it up to fifth issue I think, it was pretty bad. Considering lineup of first arc and these new members I think its fairly obvious that either editor or writer doesn't really understand what Suicide Squad should be about.
    Taking into consideration the mess that was the first New 52 Suicide Squad volume, if say it's the editors. The new team doesn't scream Suicide Squad but at least it's got an interesting mix of characters.

Having one title to herself definitely did hurt her villains since Azzarello just wanted to do his own thing. But basically every Batman villain got a reintroduction arc outside of the main Batman title, wish Wonder Woman would've been given the same chance. Now would be the ideal chance to reintroduce a big bad, but with Ares being "dead", Cheetah on the Suicide Squad and Circe apparently being called for according to Meredith Finch, it doesn't seem like it will happen even post-Convergence.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Pinsir View Post
    I would also add that there may have been a deliberate intention to ignore elements Wonder Woman's pre-Crisis elements, including her villains.

In my reading of post-Crisis runs, both Circe, Ares, and Cheetah appear in the Perez-Loebs-Byrne trifecta, while no other characters, with the exception of the Kappatelis family and Superman appear in all three. I think it is fair to say they are all WW's arch nemesis

Also, why did Perez change Cheetah's identity? She was originally Priscalla something, now she is Barbara Minerva.
    Because Barbara Minerva is way better and better sounding than Priscilla Rich

Extraordinary Member Dr. Poison's Avatar

A few days ago I asked Dan Didio why we haven't seen the Cheetah in Wonder Woman's solo book in over 4 years. He replied to me asking if I checked out this month's Green Arrow. I responded saying yes and thanked him but reminded him that the Cheetah is as powerful as Wonder Woman and Green Arrow should have ended up a bloody mess.
    Currently(or soon to be) Reading: Alan Scott: Green Lantern, Batman/Superman: World's Finest, Fire & Ice: Welcome to Smallville, Green Arrow, Green Lantern, Jay Garrick: The Flash, Justice Society of America, Power Girl, Superman, Shazam, Titans, Wesley Dodds: Sandman, Wonder Woman, & World's Finest: Teen Titans.

A glimmer of hope from David Finch regarding the Wonder-rogues:

Vince Gattuso ‏@vince_gattuso Feb 12
    @dandidio1 @finchmeredith1 @dfinchartist If not Cheetah, how about other classic WW rogues like Dr. Poison, Queen Clea, Gudra, or Osira?
    0 replies 0 retweets 0 favorites
    Reply Retweet Favorite
    More

David Finch ‏@dfinchartist 11h11 hours ago
    @vince_gattuso @dandidio1 @finchmeredith1 We have lots of fun things coming up, so stay tuned. If I say any more Meredith will kill me...
    RETWEETS
    FAVORITES
    9:18 AM - 13 Feb 2015 · Details
    Currently(or soon to be) Reading: Alan Scott: Green Lantern, Batman/Superman: World's Finest, Fire & Ice: Welcome to Smallville, Green Arrow, Green Lantern, Jay Garrick: The Flash, Justice Society of America, Power Girl, Superman, Shazam, Titans, Wesley Dodds: Sandman, Wonder Woman, & World's Finest: Teen Titans.

BANNED

not excited about Finches stuff, but if they use old villains at least is a good thing

Quite a bit of villain action from the August solicits:

• Cheetah is featured on two Bombshell Variant covers (though doubtful she'll appear in either book, she'll likely be a part of the Bombshells series).
    • Superwoman vs. Wonder Woman in Sensation Comics Featuring Wonder Woman #13.
    • Doctor Psycho in an alternate universe of Justice League: Gods and Monsters -- Wonder Woman #1.
    • Ares, Hades, and the other Olympians appearing in Injustice: Gods Among Us: Year Four.
    • Obviously, Grail continues to run amok during The Darkseid War.
    • Poseidon (if he counts) appearing in Aquaman #43.

Quote Originally Posted by Nyssane View Post
    Quite a bit of villain action from the August solicits:

• Cheetah is featured on two Bombshell Variant covers (though doubtful she'll appear in either book, she'll likely be a part of the Bombshells series).
    • Superwoman vs. Wonder Woman in Sensation Comics Featuring Wonder Woman #13.
    • Doctor Psycho in an alternate universe of Justice League: Gods and Monsters -- Wonder Woman #1.
    • Ares, Hades, and the other Olympians appearing in Injustice: Gods Among Us: Year Four.
    • Obviously, Grail continues to run amok during The Darkseid War.
    • Poseidon (if he counts) appearing in Aquaman #43.

Finally a solo battle between Wonder Woman and Superwoman! I've been looking forward to this for a long time!

Cheetah is in this week's Secret Six #7.

Cheetah is in this week's Secret Six #7.
    Thanks! What happened with her?

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Poison View Post
    Thanks! What happened with her?
    She was one of the mystical characters recruited by Baron Winters to kill Black Alice because her being alive allows some elder gods or something to break into our reality. Interestingly, Cheetah is one of the ones who expresses distaste at the idea of murdering a comatose girl. Or at least hates the hypocrisy of people like Phantom Stranger and Zatanna considering it.

It looks like they're all gonna get their ass kicked by Black Alice at the end though.

Quote Originally Posted by SiegePerilous02 View Post
    She was one of the mystical characters recruited by Baron Winters to kill Black Alice because her being alive allows some elder gods or something to break into our reality. Interestingly, Cheetah is one of the ones who expresses distaste at the idea of murdering a comatose girl. Or at least hates the hypocrisy of people like Phantom Stranger and Zatanna considering it.

It looks like they're all gonna get their ass kicked by Black Alice at the end though.
    I think Cheetah will put up more of a fight here than she would in pretty much any other book, though. Gail had that great scene of Cheetah ambushing the Secret Six in their last series, so who knows? I did find it odd Cheetah would even be a part of it, though. There's a lot of lesser-used WW foes that would've made more sense in this mystical squad of villains.

Also, if anyone is a fan of the tabletop game Heroclix, the newest set is called “Superman/Wonder Woman” which features a few Wonder Woman villains (the whole list was revealed recently):
    • Circe
    • Doctor Psycho
    • Silver Swan
    • Doctor Cyber
    • Apollo
    • First Born
    • Hades

I think Cheetah will put up more of a fight here than she would in pretty much any other book, though. Gail had that great scene of Cheetah ambushing the Secret Six in their last series, so who knows? I did find it odd Cheetah would even be a part of it, though. There's a lot of lesser-used WW foes that would've made more sense in this mystical squad of villains.

Also, if anyone is a fan of the tabletop game Heroclix, the newest set is called “Superman/Wonder Woman” which features a few Wonder Woman villains (the whole list was revealed recently):
    • Circe
    • Doctor Psycho
    • Silver Swan
    • Doctor Cyber
    • Apollo
    • First Born
    • Hades
    I hope so, she's gonna be around until at least the January issue. She got swatted aside by Big Shot (who I guess is also Ralph Dibny? I haven't been reading New 52 Secret Six), but took him out afterward with Black Orchid's help. So at least she wasn't KO'd.

I'm surprised Dr. Cyber and Silver Swan made it into that Heroclix set over her though.