Page 8 of 58 FirstFirst ... 45678910111218 ... LastLast

Well, Cheetah (both Priscilla and Barbara) and Giganta were both in a set not too long ago.

A reminder to please use spoiler tags when discussing current issues. This is not a spoiler thread
    Gaelforce
    WonderAdmin
    THE CBR COMMUNITY STANDARDS & RULES - Ignorance of the rules is no excuse!

Ultimate Member SiegePerilous02's Avatar

According the the March solicits, it looks like Cheetah will be in New Suicide Squad #18. Seeley never mentioned her in his interview, but I'm psyched to see him get his hands on her. Definitely an improvement from the writers she's been in the hands of until recently.

Extraordinary Member Dr. Poison's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by SiegePerilous02 View Post
    According the the March solicits, it looks like Cheetah will be in New Suicide Squad #18. Seeley never mentioned her in his interview, but I'm psyched to see him get his hands on her. Definitely an improvement from the writers she's been in the hands of until recently.

I don't think I've ever read anything from Seeley so I don't know what to expect from him. Hopefully he does the Cheetah justice.
    Currently(or soon to be) Reading: Alan Scott: Green Lantern, Batman/Superman: World's Finest, Fire & Ice: Welcome to Smallville, Green Arrow, Green Lantern, Jay Garrick: The Flash, Justice Society of America, Power Girl, Superman, Shazam, Titans, Wesley Dodds: Sandman, Wonder Woman, & World's Finest: Teen Titans.

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Poison View Post
    I don't think I've ever read anything from Seeley so I don't know what to expect from him. Hopefully he does the Cheetah justice.
    He's one of my favorite authors right now. For DC, he's one half of Grayson's creative team, so I'd start there. I also recommend his Revival and Hack/Slash series.

He's one of my favorite authors right now. For DC, he's one half of Grayson's creative team, so I'd start there. I also recommend his Revival and Hack/Slash series.

Thanks! I'm slightly optimistic now about him handling the Cheetah.
    Currently(or soon to be) Reading: Alan Scott: Green Lantern, Batman/Superman: World's Finest, Fire & Ice: Welcome to Smallville, Green Arrow, Green Lantern, Jay Garrick: The Flash, Justice Society of America, Power Girl, Superman, Shazam, Titans, Wesley Dodds: Sandman, Wonder Woman, & World's Finest: Teen Titans.

What ever happened with that? I thought we were supposed to get Cheetah full-time in New Suicide Squad.

While on the topic, her portrayal in Secret Six has been... disappointing. I expected more from Simone.

Quote Originally Posted by Nyssane View Post
    What ever happened with that? I thought we were supposed to get Cheetah full-time in New Suicide Squad.

While on the topic, her portrayal in Secret Six has been... disappointing. I expected more from Simone.
    I don't know either. It's why I'm not 100% sure she'll even be in March's issue, because Seeley didn't mention her as one of the characters he'd be using. I hope this isn't a similar situation.

What's been going on in Secret Six?

SPOILERS

After being in limbo for decades, Baroness Paula Von Gunther makes her debut in this week's DC Bombshells #22!!!

Tim Seeley confirmed to Newsarama that Cheetah will indeed be featured in his Suicide Squad run:

Nrama: Who makes up the Suicide Squad when you take over in New Suicide Squad #17?

Seeley: My squad is Deadshot, Harley, el Diablo and Cheetah. Or "Squad A" anyway.

BANNED

SPOILERS

After being in limbo for decades, Baroness Paula Von Gunther makes her debut in this week's DC Bombshells #22!!!
    Well, if she was to appear anywhere and resembling the original, the WWII alt. history lesson of Bombshells would certainly fit the bill.

I don't know either. It's why I'm not 100% sure she'll even be in March's issue, because Seeley didn't mention her as one of the characters he'd be using. I hope this isn't a similar situation.

What's been going on in Secret Six?
    Black Alice came in and decimated Cheetah, Faust, Black Orchid, etc. Cheetah rushed at her to attack without even stopping to think who she is. Alice stole Cheetah's powers, too, so now she's back to being Barbara Minerva. Black Alice let them leave alive, though.

Quote Originally Posted by Stormcrow View Post
    Tim Seeley confirmed to Newsarama that Cheetah will indeed be featured in his Suicide Squad run:
    Yes!

Quote Originally Posted by Nyssane View Post
    Black Alice came in and decimated Cheetah, Faust, Black Orchid, etc. Cheetah rushed at her to attack without even stopping to think who she is. Alice stole Cheetah's powers, too, so now she's back to being Barbara Minerva. Black Alice let them leave alive, though.
    Eh, Black Alice has always been ridiculously overpowered. Doesn't seem like too bad a defeat. At least it's not Green Arrow all over again.

Yes!

Eh, Black Alice has always been ridiculously overpowered. Doesn't seem like too bad a defeat. At least it's not Green Arrow all over again.

Yeah, Black Alice is kind of Simone's pet. I don't think I've ever read a story where someone got the better of Black Alice so I'm not looking down on Cheetah for this loss. Faust and Black Orchid are heavy hitters as well so if Black Alice could take them down, I could see her being able to take down Cheetah as well.

BANNED

Yeah, Black Alice is kind of Simone's pet. I don't think I've ever read a story where someone got the better of Black Alice so I'm not looking down on Cheetah for this loss. Faust and Black Orchid are heavy hitters as well so if Black Alice could take them down, I could see her being able to take down Cheetah as well.
    She certainly is, and her powers are kinda on the ridiculous end of the scale; no matter how powerful the magical entity, she can just about nick all of their powers and leave them with nothing... she's DC answer to Marvel's Rogue but often with 'battleboard-logic' behind her on the pages.

That said, Alice has been defeated on a few occasions, though I think only 1 was written by Simone... and it was by Simone's other pet: Scandal Savage. Alice had sort of lost it and stolen Etrigans powers and Scandal took her apart both in a fight and verbally.
    The other occasions was Day of Vengeance where she might have stolen the Spectre's power, but couldn't hold onto it and couldn't do anything to the Spectre with them. And there was Reign in Hell where she blames someone for something and first stole the real Lobo's power before Lord Satannus 'allowed' her to try on him, it didn't go well for Alice, especially not when Lady Blaze pushed both of them over the edge.