Page 9 of 58 FirstFirst ... 567891011121319 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by SiegePerilous02 View Post
    Eh, Black Alice has always been ridiculously overpowered. Doesn't seem like too bad a defeat. At least it's not Green Arrow all over again.
    Oh, I'm definitely not putting it up there with the Green Arrow appearance. But it wasn't exactly a shining moment for Cheetah, either. I think the bit that bothered me the most was her just rushing in to attack mindlessly. It's foolish and clearly hasn't worked for Barbara in the past.

Ultimate Member SiegePerilous02's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Nyssane View Post
    Oh, I'm definitely not putting it up there with the Green Arrow appearance. But it wasn't exactly a shining moment for Cheetah, either. I think the bit that bothered me the most was her just rushing in to attack mindlessly. It's foolish and clearly hasn't worked for Barbara in the past.
    Well, at least everybody comes out looking like a chump against Alice.

Anyway, since the whole point of the Squad book is to provide character development for the villains starring in it, hopefull we'll finally get some decent stuff for New 52 Cheetah beyond "must eat everybody." If she's in it beyond the first arc, maybe Wonder Woman will guest star at some point. Might as well take advantage of the hype surrounding the two post-BvS DCEU films and do it in one go.

Extraordinary Member Dr. Poison's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Outside_85 View Post
    She certainly is, and her powers are kinda on the ridiculous end of the scale; no matter how powerful the magical entity, she can just about nick all of their powers and leave them with nothing... she's DC answer to Marvel's Rogue but often with 'battleboard-logic' behind her on the pages.

That said, Alice has been defeated on a few occasions, though I think only 1 was written by Simone... and it was by Simone's other pet: Scandal Savage. Alice had sort of lost it and stolen Etrigans powers and Scandal took her apart both in a fight and verbally.
    The other occasions was Day of Vengeance where she might have stolen the Spectre's power, but couldn't hold onto it and couldn't do anything to the Spectre with them. And there was Reign in Hell where she blames someone for something and first stole the real Lobo's power before Lord Satannus 'allowed' her to try on him, it didn't go well for Alice, especially not when Lady Blaze pushed both of them over the edge.

I didn't realize Black Alice could absorb non-mystical beings' abilities like Lobo. So basically she's a more powerful version of the Parasite.
    Currently(or soon to be) Reading: Alan Scott: Green Lantern, Batman/Superman: World's Finest, Fire & Ice: Welcome to Smallville, Green Arrow, Green Lantern, Jay Garrick: The Flash, Justice Society of America, Power Girl, Superman, Shazam, Titans, Wesley Dodds: Sandman, Wonder Woman, & World's Finest: Teen Titans.

SPOILERS

The New 52 has already dealt a series of serious blows to Wonder Woman's rogues gallery. Not only were any of them not used in her solo book for the first 3 years but now, both Aegeus and the Angle Man were (re)created only to be killed off right away. Someone in DC editorial needs to map out a long-term vision for modernizing and elevating Diana's villains beyond the ones handed down from public domain and Cheetah and while Finch's recent story with Cheetah was on track, there were a few Cheetah stories in between hers and Geoff Johns that were underwhelming to say the least.
    Currently(or soon to be) Reading: Alan Scott: Green Lantern, Batman/Superman: World's Finest, Fire & Ice: Welcome to Smallville, Green Arrow, Green Lantern, Jay Garrick: The Flash, Justice Society of America, Power Girl, Superman, Shazam, Titans, Wesley Dodds: Sandman, Wonder Woman, & World's Finest: Teen Titans.

spoilers:
    Where was Angle Man killed off?
    end of spoilers

Where was Angle Man killed off?

SPOILERS:

In last week's issue of Superman/Wonder Woman. At the end of the issue, Vandal Savage(revealed to be Angle Man's father) rips his heart out.

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Poison View Post
    SPOILERS:

In last week's issue of Superman/Wonder Woman. At the end of the issue, Vandal Savage(revealed to be Angle Man's father) rips his heart out.
    spoilers:
    Oh, that is disappointing. I stopped reading that book a few issues ago. Strange connection for Angle Man, but his likelihood of coming back from the dead I guess is greater with Savage blood in 'im.
    end of spoilers

spoilers:
    Oh, that is disappointing. I stopped reading that book a few issues ago. Strange connection for Angle Man, but his likelihood of coming back from the dead I guess is greater with Savage blood in 'im.
    end of spoilers

Good point. I just hope if he comes back, he's more like his Pre-New 52 counterpart.

Ultimate Member SiegePerilous02's Avatar

SPOILERS:

What the actual hell.

Quote Originally Posted by SiegePerilous02 View Post
    What the actual hell.

SPOILERS:

I don't understand it either. Why spend the time recreating the Angle Man and fleshing him out only to kill him at the end of the story??? The only thing I can think of is that Angelo has an unrevealed sister that DC is going to have become the Angle Woman..........<shutters>

SPOILERS:

I don't understand it either. Why spend the time recreating the Angle Man and fleshing him out only to kill him at the end of the story??? The only thing I can think of is that Angelo has an unrevealed sister that DC is going to have become the Angle Woman..........<shutters>
    Didn't Finch just do this exact thing with a character?

Quote Originally Posted by numberthirty View Post
    Didn't Finch just do this exact thing with a character?

Possibly but some have theorized that Eirene simply teleported Aegeus away rather than disintegrating him.

Six and half a dozen. Fleshed out to get set back on a shelf.

Barbara Minerva has a pretty hefty role in this week's Superman: American Alien #3.

spoilers:
    She meets Clark on a birthday yacht meant for Bruce Wayne. They talk quite a bit (she expresses her dislike of her fellow rich folk) and end up having sex later. At the end, he almost doesn't get to say goodbye to her (she was avoiding him), and she reveals she was tempted to leave with him. But they don't, and they say their goodbyes and that they hope to see each other again. She does, however, tell him early on that she wants to be an archaeologist, a nice nod to the main version.
    end of spoilers

Barbara Minerva has a pretty hefty role in this week's Superman: American Alien #3.

spoilers:
    She meets Clark on a birthday yacht meant for Bruce Wayne. They talk quite a bit (she expresses her dislike of her fellow rich folk) and end up having sex later. At the end, he almost doesn't get to say goodbye to her (she was avoiding him), and she reveals she was tempted to leave with him. But they don't, and they say their goodbyes and that they hope to see each other again. She does, however, tell him early on that she wants to be an archaeologist, a nice nod to the main version.
    end of spoilers

So Barbara appears but she has not become the Cheetah as of yet in this continuity?