Default Conan the Slayer from Dark Horse

Just saw the announcement Cullen will be writing a new Conan series from DH. Super excited to see thisbased on his work on Helheim, great handle of dark fantasy and magic there. I'm a long time Conan fan (it was one of the few comics my dad would also read and enjoy when I was a kid in the 70s and I got heavy into the Conan prose stuff in jr. high).

Cullen, if may ask, what are some of your favorite Conan stories and what are some of the influences/inspirations you will be drawing on for your Conan stories? If it's not revealing too much, could you say a little about what you think the core/essence of Conan or a good Conan story is?

Again, looking forward to this coming out later this spring.

-M

Picked up the first issue of this this afternoon and gave it a read. Solid start to the run.

-M

My impression so far after 3 issues, too much dialogue that leads nowhere. Conan is a great character but he's only as interesting as his foes/challenges, and right now, he's in a pretty damn boring period of his life if you ask me. But the biggest problem like I said is the long ass dialogue. Bunn is trying to build to something big but in the end, all that chit chat is dull, uninspiring and useless, nothing is happening, man...
    I miss Truman so much... last decent Conan book written was from Wood, nothing good came out since then :/