Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    BANNED

Some minor updates are always welcome on characters but a total different character altogether with the same name ? That's not drac.

Quote Originally Posted by Moriarty View Post
    Tomb of Dracula was one of my favorite comics as a kid. i loved all the Marvel Horror stuff.
    Same here. ToD was one of my favorite series. I particularly loved the Gene Colan artwork.
    Live Faust, Die Jung.

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Cold_War_Myth View Post
    Oh dear. No wonder why Dazzler looks the way she does now...
    It's a very funny issue.

Quote Originally Posted by marshal99 View Post
    Some minor updates are always welcome on characters but a total different character altogether with the same name ? That's not drac.

<snip>
    Here's what he looks like currently (well at the start of the arc - now he's a lot angrier...):

Blech. I actually don't mind the costume change that much. But that head is sooo wrong. Everything about the head is sooo wrong. It reminds me of Legolas. He's a warlord from dark ages eastern Europe, not a hipster male-model.

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by MichaelC View Post
    Blech. I actually don't mind the costume change that much. But that head is sooo wrong. Everything about the head is sooo wrong. It reminds me of Legolas. He's a warlord from dark ages eastern Europe, not a hipster male-model.
    I'm afraid he does stick with the long hair in this Deadpool arc - the costume changes round between that and a more traditional vampire look (he also loses the ponytail in his "business suit" look, but remains long)

I don't precisely mind him having long hair. Lots of versions of Dracula have long hair. What I hate is how it's cute long hair. I've seen plenty of versions that made long hair look coarse, the hair of, once again, a primitive warlord from the ages past. This version's hair isn't just long, it's an adorable kind of long. In combination with the cutesy way his face is drawn, lacking the harsh bone-structure he's usually given, and the lack of facial hair....yeah, Legolas, he looks like Legolas.

Astonishing Member

I came up with a theory explaining his new looks is that his old body from Captain Britain was permanently destroyed by being stabbed by the Excalibur sword magic properties by Faiza Hussein, so his minions through magic had to recreate a new body for him hence why he looks like Kain from Blood omen. this wasn't the only time he had a appearance change, between his last issue on Wolfman's Tomb and his appearance in X-men by Claremont, he brew from a pencil stache to a beard, Roger Stern explained in his Doctor Strange run why he was able to grow facial hair when other vampires couldn't in the Montesti Formula story.

See, I don't care whether it can be explained or not, I just don't like it. It's not a question of continuity. There could be the most flawless continuity in the world at work here, and I would still hate this look.

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by MichaelC View Post
    Legolas, he looks like Legolas.
    I think that might be the angle, try this one from the same artist:
    Screenshot 2014-06-24 21.23.14.jpg
    Last edited by VJ.; 06-24-2014 at 01:33 PM.