Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Maxpower00044 View Post
    Attachment 32871

This for Superman. Collar has to go. Less lines (no lines).

For Batman, I'm sure whatever Capullo got approved is going to look amazing.
    Could live with this, but that 3-D shield needs to go. Superman's a simple farmboy from Kansas -- he's well served by a simple, traditional costume. Plus, the elevated shield recalls the terrible Routh movie.

Agreed on all aspects except the "simple farmboy" thing. That mindset is what serves to kill Superman as a character. A techy, Kryptonian suit is just as cool an idea as a simple fabric costume, imo. Not everything is about him growing up on a farm. Its never wise to neglect that he's also an alien from outer space part of a very advanced species. But the elevated S does bring to mind the silly SR costume. Fabok's costume is just fine in every other sense.
    "They can be a great people Kal-El, they wish to be. They only lack the light to show the way. For this reason above all, their capacity for good, I have sent them you. My only son." - Jor-El

Quote Originally Posted by JaggedFel View Post
    oh god yes someone please save Raven.
    this! her redesign is the worst costume i've seen in years.

i would also love to see Superman's costume look more like the movie version but with brighter colors. get rid of the high collar and the unnecessary lines.

Quote Originally Posted by Sacred Knight View Post
    Agreed on all aspects except the "simple farmboy" thing. That mindset is what serves to kill Superman as a character. A techy, Kryptonian suit is just as cool an idea as a simple fabric costume, imo. Not everything is about him growing up on a farm. Its never wise to neglect that he's also an alien from outer space part of a very advanced species. But the elevated S does bring to mind the silly SR costume. Fabok's costume is just fine in every other sense.
    Agree that you can go too far with the farmboy thing, but, in this case, his tastes in clothes would be informed by his Midwest upbringing. Does Clark wear flashy Versace suits? I wouldn't think so.

Quote Originally Posted by MadFacedKid View Post
    Any rumors on what Capullo's redesign will be? I'm curios to Green Arrow as well didn't know that. I'm guessing Jay is going back to something more Pre-Flashpoint in nature.
    I don't think there's been any concrete details about it, but I've seen people suggesting that Capullo might bring back the yellow oval for the chest logo.

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Poison View Post
    Both Brett Booth and Scott Kollins have confirmed via Twitter that they have done redesigns for some characters.
    I'm...not sure how to feel about Booth doing some redesigns. Haven't been crazy about a lot of his New 52 designs, and he was the one who gave the Red Robin costume the bird wings and designed Flash's DCYou, hard on the eyes, costume.

Quote Originally Posted by Jadeb View Post
    Agree that you can go too far with the farmboy thing, but, in this case, his tastes in clothes would be informed by his Midwest upbringing. Does Clark wear flashy Versace suits? I wouldn't think so.
    Probably not. But he would definitely wear a keepsake from his home planet.
    "They can be a great people Kal-El, they wish to be. They only lack the light to show the way. For this reason above all, their capacity for good, I have sent them you. My only son." - Jor-El

Quote Originally Posted by Jadeb View Post
    If Superman's suit was made on earth with Clark's fashion sensibilities, Im sure it'd be very straight forward and simple (I doubt Clark himself would decide to wear a costume at all if his only requirements were what he thought looked good and was comfortable in). But he's not wearing something Ma made from scratch; he's wearing an heirloom from his homeworld; one of the most advanced planets the universe has ever seen, whose technology is still considered fairly advanced a thousand years into the future.

Past that, when you've got Batman in promethium-laced kevlar and leather body armor, Wonder Woman in bronze and boiled leather Amazon armor, Hal in a glowing energy suit from space, and Barry in that shiny, metallic looking material, Superman wearing spandex and cotton makes him look like he grabbed his costume from Wal-Mart right before Halloween. The guy is supposed to be the Alpha dog of Alpha dogs; he's got to look impressive next to his peers.

That said, the "S" shield doesnt have to be raised. I've gotten over its similarities to Superman Returns (it was ten years ago, only people like us even remember it) but it certainly doesnt add a ton to the design, and since many artists seem to get a little loose with the shield as deadlines loom, the extra details might be a bit much.
    "We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another, as if we were one single tribe."

~ Black Panther.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Ascended View Post
    What Im expecting is a general return to classic looks, but with some updates and tweaks.

Superman's not going to be back in the trunks, though I expect to see some red thrown in there somewhere.

So...more along the lines of what Hal's costume ended up looking like after his Rebirth; basically classic Green Lantern but the "trunks" aspect was taken out for the angled wait-belt line, the emblem was raised up to look more like a badge, and we'll likely see some texture work; but beyond that, largely the traditional looks.

Classic looks mixed with a movie-ready update mindset. That's what Im expecting.

And I dont know if I believe Johns about not syncing up with the live action stuff; DC moved to Burbank for that reason (they even said as much as I recall) so why wouldnt they chase a little synergy? Im not expecting the exact same costumes or status quo's or anything, but I am expecting something like what Marvel has done; update the comics costumes to share the basic movie sensibility.
    yes to this.

i am thinking an updated classic look that is recognizable even in the non-comic reading international community. rip-offs or not, has anybody seen the justice league images they slap on merchandises in china? from school children bags to bed sheets. it's amazing that even with the avengers movie popularity, the justice league can still "compete" with the demand to products.

Just take the collar and the lines off the Superman costume and we good.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I don't think there's been any concrete details about it, but I've seen people suggesting that Capullo might bring back the yellow oval for the chest logo.
    Don't know how I feel about the logo thing but I'm curious if anything.

Quote Originally Posted by Ascended View Post
    If Superman's suit was made on earth with Clark's fashion sensibilities, Im sure it'd be very straight forward and simple (I doubt Clark himself would decide to wear a costume at all if his only requirements were what he thought looked good and was comfortable in). But he's not wearing something Ma made from scratch; he's wearing an heirloom from his homeworld; one of the most advanced planets the universe has ever seen, whose technology is still considered fairly advanced a thousand years into the future.

Past that, when you've got Batman in promethium-laced kevlar and leather body armor, Wonder Woman in bronze and boiled leather Amazon armor, Hal in a glowing energy suit from space, and Barry in that shiny, metallic looking material, Superman wearing spandex and cotton makes him look like he grabbed his costume from Wal-Mart right before Halloween. The guy is supposed to be the Alpha dog of Alpha dogs; he's got to look impressive next to his peers.

That said, the "S" shield doesnt have to be raised. I've gotten over its similarities to Superman Returns (it was ten years ago, only people like us even remember it) but it certainly doesnt add a ton to the design, and since many artists seem to get a little loose with the shield as deadlines loom, the extra details might be a bit much.
    Batman's costume is promethium armor?

What would you recommend as her design change any artistic interpretations you like or a mix of things you'd like to see?

Earth One?
    Yeah... Earth One... lol
    Had someone talking to me when I posted that. :-)
    "There's magic in the sound of analog audio." - CNET.

Quote Originally Posted by Maxpower00044 View Post
    Attachment 32871

This for Superman. Collar has to go. Less lines (no lines).

For Batman, I'm sure whatever Capullo got approved is going to look amazing.
    That looks great, is it Fabok? Agree get rid of the collar, something like Ultraman's costume would be cool.

Shazam- Get rid of the hooded cloak, go back to the mini-cape over the shoulder, always thought it looked unique and was iconic to the character.

Green Arrow- Obviously less Stephen Amell/Ultimate Hawkeye more classic Ollie

Deadshot- Get rid of the hockey pads... Would prefer the old white mask to the tech thing he has going on now.

Mr Freeze- Ditch the mohawk and ripped look, would love to see something like Arkham City.
    Last edited by Black_Adam; 02-19-2016 at 07:21 PM.
    When you crush an ant beneath your foot, do feel remorse? No. Is this because you are evil or because you recognize yourself as a higher form of life? This is what the Wizard could not understand. If I have the powers of the gods, then am I not a god myself? Should I not be treated as such?

Extraordinary Member Dr. Poison's Avatar

Any ideas on which characters they'll possibly get to redesign?

All they said was that they were working on some designs. No character names were given but they are for DC.
    Currently(or soon to be) Reading: Alan Scott: Green Lantern, Batman/Superman: World's Finest, Fire & Ice: Welcome to Smallville, Green Arrow, Green Lantern, Jay Garrick: The Flash, Justice Society of America, Power Girl, Superman, Shazam, Titans, Wesley Dodds: Sandman, Wonder Woman, & World's Finest: Teen Titans.

Extraordinary Member Dr. Poison's Avatar

I liked Superman's first New 52 costume especially when drawn with the S-shield cuffs but I don't like Romita's rework of it.
    Currently(or soon to be) Reading: Alan Scott: Green Lantern, Batman/Superman: World's Finest, Fire & Ice: Welcome to Smallville, Green Arrow, Green Lantern, Jay Garrick: The Flash, Justice Society of America, Power Girl, Superman, Shazam, Titans, Wesley Dodds: Sandman, Wonder Woman, & World's Finest: Teen Titans.

Don't know how I feel about the logo thing but I'm curious if anything.

Batman's costume is promethium armor?
    Well, one of his suits is. A little.

I want to say it was something from Morrison's JLA, but I could be completely wrong about that. Anyway, one of Bruce's more durable Bat-suits (made for League stuff andwhatnot) was said to be made of something like triple weave kevlar and double layered leather, with some promethium laced (rather than steel laced) reinforcement. Heavier and slower, made for the times when being quick would still mean "not quick enough to matter".

Which is not to say the whole suit is promethium, just that there was a little woven through the suit where Bruce needs the most protection (head, chest, joints, etc). Back when this was said, promethium was more rare than Marvel's vibranium and a relatively new/unused idea (which is why it stood out to me and I still remember it all these years later).

But no, not the whole suit.
    "We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another, as if we were one single tribe."

~ Black Panther.