Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Super Moderator

Default EXCLUSIVE: Marvel Announces "Star Wars: The Force Awakens" Adaptation

The 5-issue comic adaptation of the mega-blockbuster will be written by "Star Wars" novelist Chuck Wendig and feature art from Luke Ross.

Full article here.

Well looks like Marvel really wants my money it seems and I should give it to them gladly. This looks great. Have seen the movie 3 times already but will still be buying this. Of course also excited for the Poe Dameron ongoing.
    "This is me being reasonable"

Battle Through Time Samurai Jack's Avatar

Haven't seen the movie yet, hoping I will have before the comic comes out. Either way, I'm definitely interested in this 5 issue miniseries adaptation of the movie.
    Top 10 Favorite Comics as of September 2019
    Image: Unnatural, Isola, Monstress
    Marvel: Magnificent Ms. Marvel
    IDW: Samurai Jack: Lost Worlds
    Other: Chuck Mullin's Bird Brain, Huda F's "Yes, I'm Hot in This," Nathan W. Pyle's Strange Planet, Dirk Manning & K. Lynn Smith's Hope, Samurai Grandpa

Quote Originally Posted by Samurai Jack View Post
    Haven't seen the movie yet, hoping I will have before the comic comes out. Either way, I'm definitely interested in this 5 issue miniseries adaptation of the movie.
    Im actually interested in how they will manage that. Don't think they can put every single detail from the movie in it when they only have 5 issue for it. Some smaller stuff will need to be left out I think.

About time they announced this.
    "Ignore them. They're nothing but a bunch of basement dwellers who spend all day whining on the 'net. Not a single open-minded one in the bunch."
    --Andre Briggs, Justice League International #1

Quote Originally Posted by Galerion View Post
    Im actually interested in how they will manage that. Don't think they can put every single detail from the movie in it when they only have 5 issue for it. Some smaller stuff will need to be left out I think.
    It would also be nice if they included some details and backstory that didn't fit in the cinematic way of storytelling.

Quote Originally Posted by Blue Reloaded View Post
    It would also be nice if they included some details and backstory that didn't fit in the cinematic way of storytelling.
    That would certainly be very cool too and honestly would make this even fresher. You hear all the time about things that could have made into the movie but then didn't for some reason.

I never have interest in these types of things.
    Bring me the Poe comic full of new content!
    Current Pull: Lazarus, The Realm, Seven to Eternity, Aquaman, Flash, Justice League Dark, Justice League Odyssey, Sideways, Black Panther, Captain America, Daredevil, Death of the Inhumans.

Future Pull: Killmonger.

After this Force Awakens comic miniseries ends, or even sometime during the run, I'd love to see a Force Awakens mini starring Luke Skywalker taking place during the time of the Force Awakens film.
    Other: Chuck Mullin's Bird Brain, Huda F's "Yes, I'm Hot in This," Nathan W. Pyle's Strange Planet, Dirk Manning & K. Lynn Smith's Hope, Samurai Grandpa

Quote Originally Posted by Samurai Jack View Post
    After this Force Awakens comic miniseries ends, or even sometime during the run, I'd love to see a Force Awakens mini starring Luke Skywalker taking place during the time of the Force Awakens film.
    I think it's better when you watch the movie now. I don't want spoil you but there is something about Luke that makes that well kinda boring.

I think it's better when you watch the movie now. I don't want spoil you but there is something about Luke that makes that well kinda boring.
    Huh. Well, that's too bad for Luke then. I definitely plan on watching Force Awakens sometime this year though, so I'll see what happens.

BANNED

That would certainly be very cool too and honestly would make this even fresher. You hear all the time about things that could have made into the movie but then didn't for some reason.

There's a bunch of novie adaptation comics that do that. Star Trek movie comics especially, and the IDW version of the Transformers movie shows how Shockwave dies, among other cut scenes.

There's a lot of stuff from supplementary material about the First Order that apparently explains a lot of backstory stuff.

That would make for a pretty funny comic.

Quote Originally Posted by ImprobableQuestion View Post
    There's a lot of stuff from supplementary material about the First Order that apparently explains a lot of backstory stuff.
    The movie adaption/novel adds a little bit extra stuff, but nothing major. I think a lot of the things left unsaid were left unsaid not because of editing/time constraints, but rather because they want it left unsaid. Things like Kylo's history, or who is XYZ's parents, etc... are obviously left to the imagination to be fleshed out in the next movie or two. Just my two cents, though.
    "Boomerang arrow, Kate... It comes back to you in the end. Boomerang. Respect it." - Clint
    "Why the hell do you need an arrow that comes back to you after you shoot it, Clint?" - Kate
    "Because... Boomerangs." - Clint.

Is this even worth putting into a 5 issue miniseries? We know what is going to happen. Why not have it as a pre-assembled graphic novel? They will eventually have a TPB anyway.

I'm actually really excited about the comic adaptation of this. Because with Marvel's ongoing Star Wars, Darth Vader, Kanan (which is wrapping up with issue #12), and Poe, along with the Shattered Empire, Lando, Chewbacca, and Leia mini series, I kind of like having the Star Wars universe in comic form. It makes for an almost complete alternative to the Star Wars movies only in comic books. I have yet to pick up the nice hard cover reprints of Marvel's adaptations of the original trilogy, but I do wanna get them. I kind of wish Marvel would do adaptations of the prequel trilogy. Certain elements of those could be improved upon with slightly different less cheesy dialogue for example. If they did those, it would make for a pretty cool inclusive comic book telling of the Star Wars universe.

Question for someone that might know. One of Dark Horses final Star Wars stories they printed was the Darth Maul: Son of Dathmoir mini which was based off the un-animated script of the final episodes of the Clone Wars before that show got cancelled. Lucasfilm has said that the Clone Wars show is cannon, but what about those scripts that Dark Horse adapted for Darth Maul's final story in that era? Marvel had a little fun with Darth Maul's presence in Shattered Empire when Leia entered the hangar where he fought Qui-Gonn and Obi-Wan.