Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Spectacular Member

Default So, with Earth 2 in Rebirth DC Multiverse is still around? Multiversity, Too?

I am happy to see Earth 2 as a Rebirth title meaning DC Multiverse is still around in Rebirth. I hope it's pre-CRISIS Earth 2 Classic JSA. What does this mean for Morrison's Multiversity, Too? Please bring back Earth S Shazam Thunderworld, too!

I'd buy a pre-crisis Earth-2 crisis book. But not the nu52 book. Nothing I've seen of that looks appealing.

I'll be curious to see what becomes of the New 52 Earth-2. I don't expect it to disappear immediately, but I don't think it has long-term viability, either. It's a broken property, and I wonder if DC will dispose of it in-story or just gradually abandon it.

Savior of the Universe Flash Gordon's Avatar

They really should call Earth 2 a wash and relaunch it like at square one again. No dead Trinity either, just don't focus on them. Earth 2 was most interesting in Pak's BATMAN/SUPERMAN where Batman, Superman, and Wonder Woman were vaguely authoritarian and somewhat naive. That would be so cool to play with juxtaposed against our actual heroes on our earth.

where they filmed that one movie and half of that other one

Quote Originally Posted by Jadeb View Post
    I'll be curious to see what becomes of the New 52 Earth-2. I don't expect it to disappear immediately, but I don't think it has long-term viability, either. It's a broken property, and I wonder if DC will dispose of it in-story or just gradually abandon it.
    If there's any book that could benefit from a literal rebirth, it's this one.

Maybe in the Rebirth issue Spectre shows up from out of nowhere and does just that with his powers.

Quote Originally Posted by Jadeb View Post
    The proerty since Flashpoint has been shuffled and redone, refabbed, and retooled. However, the idea of a planet settled by the two milliuon suarth is a very viable premise for stories.. It doesn't fit real well with super-heroes though. The crapfest Daniel Wilson worked on is horrible. I could see this as a Vertigo series with an emphasis on new societies and new and differing priorities.

But, there was talk of a new JSA in the present day as time-displaced heroes. How does that fit in with this? I'm guessing a lot of questions may be answered as well as more questions arising based on creative talent attached to the Rebirth and ongoing series.

Amazing Member

New 52 Earth 2 could definitely use a Rebirth. The series has been spinning it's wheels since James Robinson left the title. 4 Years, and we're still world-building? Enough already. Let's get these characters acting like super heroes finally.
    As for the Multi-Multiverse and Multiversity Too, I would like to see DC get some more use out of the Local Multiverse. With the relaunch of Milestone, and the introduction of Earth M coming soon, I'm sure other than whatever changes happen to Earth 0 and Earth 2, the current Local Multiverse will stay the same. I would wish they had some spin offs from Multiversity in the new line up.
    Multiversity Too is set to examine other Multiverses in the DC Multi-Multiverse, so this should have no effect on that at all.
    I would like to see more of an acknowledgment of what the greater Multi-Multiverse includes. The fact that they could use any era of DC to give it it's own Multiverse would be nice for the old fans, While the ability to create new, and distinct Multiverses is incredible.
    I hope we hear more about this next month.

I prefer a pre-coie earth 2 for the earth 2 title. So far, there has been no mention of a jsa title so maybe the pitch for a prime earth time displaced jsa got shot down. Geoff Johns tends to prefer old jsa still alive in current time as seen in the Smallville Tv show. Time travelling jsa could also be used in a timemasters title. Multiversity probably won't be affected by the Rebirth of prime earth.

I wonder if Morrison would have the time to do Multiversity, Too now that he's EIC at Heavy Metal.
    "There's magic in the sound of analog audio." - CNET.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Lee Stone View Post
    I wonder if Morrison would have the time to do Multiversity, Too now that he's EIC at Heavy Metal.
    Sorry. I'm not a fan of his meta garbage. I was tricked into dealing with it with Multiversity. I won't be tricked into sucking down one of his meta commentaries again. I straight up refuse.

Heavy Metal, to me, sums up a lot of what is wrong with the comics medium today. The rush towards graphic sex and violence. The rush to transform every shred of the medium into something "adult". When pandering exclusively to that narrow audience is suicide for the medium.

I'm content to leave Heavy Metal to be its own niche thing. I don't read it. I don't want to read it. And I don't want its styles and flavors leeching into the mainstream comics I read.

Quote Originally Posted by Darrin Kelley View Post
    Sorry. I'm not a fan of his meta garbage. I was tricked into dealing with it with Multiversity. I won't be tricked into sucking down one of his meta commentaries again. I straight up refuse.

Heavy Metal, to me, sums up a lot of what is wrong with the comics medium today. The rush towards graphic sex and violence. The rush to transform every shred of the medium into something "adult". When pandering exclusively to that narrow audience is suicide for the medium.

I'm content to leave Heavy Metal to be its own niche thing. I don't read it. I don't want to read it. And I don't want its styles and flavors leeching into the mainstream comics I read.
    You pretty much described Heavy Metal (or at least its image) from before Morrison took over. I'm not sure how much it's changed but the solicits I've seen lately have painted it more towards 2000AD.
    "There's magic in the sound of analog audio." - CNET.

Quote Originally Posted by dcdrew View Post
    I am happy to see Earth 2 as a Rebirth title meaning DC Multiverse is still around in Rebirth. I hope it's pre-CRISIS Earth 2 Classic JSA.
    Me too. I also want a completely different editorial office behind this new Earth-2. Don't want the same assholes who wrecked the New 52 Earth-2 with World's End and Daniel H. Wilson to wreck this one as well.

I'd love it if Rebirth (or Darkseid War) rejiggered the Local Multiverse, giving the writers a chance to build worlds inspired by Morrison's vision but not beholden to it. For instance:

• Earth-2: reboot it. My main problem with the Earth-2 that we briefly saw in the final years before Flashpoint (the “JSI”) was that it was a little too retro, and stuck in the past: they essentially took the JSA and Infinity Inc. as they had existed just before the Crisis and then said that the only changes of note that had occurred since then were that Superman and Power Girl had gone missing, and that the JSA and Infinity Inc. had merged. Conversely, New 52's Earth-2 was nearly devoid of history. For the Reborn Earth-2, I'd want a much richer history in place, with the current roster of Earth-2 heroes resembling the membership of the JSA as it was just prior to Flashpoint, possibly with a few changes to incorporate the better ideas that New52's Earth-2 introduced (e.g., Jay Garrick getting his superspeed from Mercury, and Alan Scott being a champion of the Green).
    • Earth-3: restore it, and incorporate elements from Morrison's “JLA: Earth 2” graphic novel from the 90s: e.g., Earth-3 is the Antimatter Universe (go to where Oa is in the Prime Universe, and you'll find Qward).
    • Earth-16: instead of self-absorbed metahumans leading shallow, meaningless lives, make this “Titans Earth”, a world where the Justice League disappeared and the Titans had to step up to fill their shoes, ready or not. It would still be “90s Earth” in much the same way that Earth-2 is “Golden Age Earth”.
    • Earth-23: rather than being “Segregation Earth”, make it Milestone.
    • Earth-50: revert it to the Wildstorm Universe. Which doesn't require removing Wildstorm characters from Prime Earth.
    Rogue wears rouge.
    Angel knows all the angles.

For multiverse Rebirth, I prefer the return of classic pre-coie earth 2, earth 3, earth x, earth s, earth 4 (charlton), earth wildstorm, earth vertigo, etc.
    I am ok with Qward (thunderers) and Mobius (shadow demons) continue to be from the anti matter universe bec of the big role they played in classic COIE and in dc history.
    http://www.comics.org/issue/33180/cover/4/
    I like to see a legacy earth where JL has Supergirl, Dick, Donna, Wally and Kyle. Prime Earth JL probably will not be using Wally and Kyle.
    Last edited by colonyofcells; 02-21-2016 at 10:35 AM.

I was pretty much convinced that Rebirth was going to be nothing but a different (and hopefully improved) look at charcaters and that it wasn't an event that could change the status quo.

Darkseid War, though,,.

Maybe something could switch things around. Anyone reading JL who could let us know if it's a possibility based on the story so far?