Page 1 of 9 12345 ... LastLast
    Jesus Christ, redeemer! The Whovian's Avatar

Default Stretching Across The Marvel Universe - Mister Fantastic Appreciation

I know we have a FF appreciation thread, but there's also a thread dedicated to Sue, so I figured Reed deserved his own as well. A founding member of the Fantastic Four, Reed is considered the greatest scientific mind in the Marvel Universe and has the ability to stretch his body into any shape he wants. Not only that, but he's the husband of the greatest female superhero in the Marvel Universe: The Invisible Woman! He's also the father to two children, Franklin and Valeria.

To start this thread right, I'm going to be posting pics of Reed through the years by different artists and costumes, and my favorite panels.

“Now faith, hope, and love remain, and the greatest of these is love.”--1 Corinthians 13:13

“You had a dream; I have a plan”--Cyclops

“There's no point in being grown up if you can't be childish sometimes.”--The Doctor

“Now faith, hope, and love remain, and the greatest of these is love.”--1 Corinthians 13:13

“There's no point in being grown up if you can't be childish sometimes.”--The Doctor

Please join me in discussing your favorite stories about Reed, his feats, posting pics or anything else in regards to Reed

I suppose Reed Richards could be considered the father of Marvel Super Heroes of the Silver Age. He competes with Namor as the figure head, even though Namor has the honor of being the first Marvel, but Reed has trouble competing with Steve Rogers on another level, as the heart and Soul of the Marvel Super Heroes.

Reed being the father of the modern super heroes sits fairly easily with Reed Richards, in that he was the leader of the first group of super heroes in the modern era, the Fantastic Four. (The fact that Reed just finished creating the next Marvel ANAD doesn't go unnoticed either). You could say Reed had a hand in the creation of that new generation, (after Nathaniel Richards and Howard Stark, Nick Fury, Dum Dum Dugan phase), having left their fathers behind to go out where no one has gone before, with no help from the older generation. These modern super heroes had to strike out on their own and forge their own destiny, (much like the 1960's generation did in the real world, abandoning the conservative views of their forefathers). Reed Richards exemplified this spirit of individualism that set this generation of super heroes apart from what came before. Did Reed Richards cause the downfall of the Marvel Universe because he led that generation that ended in Secret Wars? Perhaps, but he was also resilient enough to have made some part of it survive, even into a new 8th reality. That's quite an achievement. Dr Doom is given some credit here, in how he instigated the Molecule Man precipitating a final conflict with the Beyonders, thus preserving the remnant of the MU. What Reed Richards did then, was grow what Doom preserved into the ANAD we have now.

It certainly looks like ANAD is another AGE being formed, much like the Golden Age and the Silver Age. I wonder what we could call it?
    Last edited by jackolover; 02-20-2016 at 05:37 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by jackolover View Post
    I suppose Reed Richards could be considered the father of Marvel Super Heroes of the Silver Age. He competes with Namor as the figure head, even though Namor has the honor of being the first Marvel, but Reed has trouble competing with Steve Rogers on another level, as the heart and Soul of the Marvel Super Heroes.
    I would agree with this. Steve is definitely the soul of the MU and Reed is the person who all the others look up to (father figure) when something needs to be solved.

Reed being the father of the modern super heroes sits fairly easily with Reed Richards, in that he was the leader of the first group of super heroes in the modern era, the Fantastic Four. (The fact that Reed just finished creating the next Marvel ANAD doesn't go unnoticed either). You could say Reed had a hand in the creation of that new generation, (after Nathaniel Richards and Howard Stark, Nick Fury, Dum Dum Dugan phase), having left their fathers behind to go out where no one has gone before, with no help from the older generation. These modern super heroes had to strike out on their own and forge their own destiny, (much like the 1960's generation did in the real world, abandoning the conservative views of their forefathers). Reed Richards exemplified this spirit of individualism that set this generation of super heroes apart from what came before. Did Reed Richards cause the downfall of the Marvel Universe because he led that generation that ended in Secret Wars? Perhaps, but he was also resilient enough to have made some part of it survive, even into a new 8th reality. That's quite an achievement. Dr Doom is given some credit here, in how he instigated the Molecule Man precipitating a final conflict with the Beyonders, thus preserving the remnant of the MU. What Reed Richards did then, was grow what Doom preserved into the ANAD we have now.

It certainly looks like ANAD is another AGE being formed, much like the Golden Age and the Silver Age. I wonder what we could call it?
    I want to wait and see how long ANAD lasts first.

Quote Originally Posted by Dark Knight1047 View Post
    I would agree with this. Steve is definitely the soul of the MU and Reed is the person who all the others look up to (father figure) when something needs to be solved.

I want to wait and see how long ANAD lasts first.
    I don't know that we can look forward to a reversion to the 7th reality again. This ANAD looks like it's here to stay, and the Marvel higher ups are saying the reality where the MU existed before is gone permanently. I would want to look back, if in 2 years in the future ANAD is still around, and define it for what it is. I'm thinking it will be defined as the AGE of diversity. The Silver Age could be defined as the White Male generation, while the ANAD could be defined as the LGBT generation of inclusiveness of all races and genders. What do people think?

One of Reed's feats--building the equipment and finding the NZ from FF #51:

That Last pic is very relevant to the recent destruction of the Multiverse, because in that instance of that pic, Reed got to the junction of all dimensions, the crossroads to everywhere. Was this an interim stage before he found the Negative Zone proper?

That Last pic is very relevant to the recent destruction of the Multiverse, because in that instance of that pic, Reed got to the junction of all dimensions, the crossroads to everywhere. Was this an interim stage before he found the Negative Zone proper?
    What you see is the NZ

Reed feat. He built 'The Bridge'. It allows him to view and enter alternate and parallel universes:

Reed defeats Magneto with a weapon he designed:

Reed feat:

-Reed builds a Universal Entropy Gun that can destroy even a Celestial: