Page 10 of 27 FirstFirst ... 6789101112131420 ... LastLast
    Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by redrunner97 View Post
    I caught back up on this book after letting it slip after Civil War II. I thought the Spider-Man 2099 tie-ins were easily one of the bests, but that event really soured me on comics altogether for a while. I'm getting caught up on everything except Inhumans and X-Men (which I managed to keep up with because of Death of X and IVX) and it's been a blast diving back into my favorite characters again. Binging the last few issues of this book literally made me bite my fingernails in suspense. Not many superhero writers can do that to me, so kudos to PAD for pulling it off once again!

PAD's one of my all-time favorite creators/writers and 2099 is his baby, so I really hope the book keeps going and he gets to continue expanding this corner of the MU. As for the current arc, I'm glad that Tempest's storyline is finally getting some much needed resolution and I'm actually pretty interested in seeing what tricks his father has up his sleeve.

Miguel is always gonna be my Spidey and I can't wait to see where things go from here!
    Preach it, man. I really hope the new Scarlet Spider title still leaves room for PAD to continue working on Miguel's story and the wider 2099 universe.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

Anyone else curious to see if Kron gets a spot in the upcoming Venomverse miniseries they're starting in June?

Also, nice to see the old costume back in the June solicits, even if it's not quite in the way I expected.

Quote Originally Posted by Man-Thing View Post
    Anyone else curious to see if Kron gets a spot in the upcoming Venomverse miniseries they're starting in June?....
    I am also curious. I always found the character intriguing.
    "So you've come to the end now alive but dead inside."

Anyone else feel like with all the "The thing with The Fist will finally be resolved!" going on in the solicits,we're either in for a huge fake-out, or they're wrapping up the series?

They're wrapping up. They never announce cancellations, but the Comichron numbers don't lie.

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    They're wrapping up. They never announce cancellations, but the Comichron numbers don't lie.
    Unfortunate

Between v2, Secret Wars, and what's been announced thus far of v3, we have 41 contiguous issues of this current run on the title. Do you think we're going to surpass v1's totals, or is it going to die out half a year shy?

Quote Originally Posted by Man-Thing View Post
    Anyone else curious to see if Kron gets a spot in the upcoming Venomverse miniseries they're starting in June?

Also, nice to see the old costume back in the June solicits, even if it's not quite in the way I expected.
    If it's true to the original Marvel NOW! (2016 version) promo, it's not quite the old costume, but it is more in the style and coloring of the old costume, just with some tweaks, which may have been the way to go as opposed to a total revamp.

So.....this happen

Concept Art Confirms Leaked Sony E-mails About Spider-Man Spinoff Project '2099'

*image inside*

I hope more come from this

Ahem...
    April 1, 2017 at 18:23PM

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Ahem......
    Oh, well. It's nice to dream. At least he got to appear in an actual animated series. That was definitely more than I thought he'd get for a long while.

If Miles does well on the animated front, maybe we can hope for an animated 2099 film at some point.

So, not much discussion on that last issue, eh?

I found it quite interesting. Feel a little bit sorry there for Electro, really, and thought that Lyla was gonna go batshit again.

I feel like a broken record with this topic these days, but the depiction of the main character using torture put me off.
    Other than that, it was a great character showing for Lyla and I'm glad the whole Fist thing is moving to a conclusion.

Quote Originally Posted by Webhead View Post
    I feel like a broken record with this topic these days, but the depiction of the main character using torture put me off.
    Other than that, it was a great character showing for Lyla and I'm glad the whole Fist thing is moving to a conclusion.
    Broken record you may be, but I agree with you. If the character is supposed to be a/the hero, torture isn't something that ought to be in their toolbox. At all. Yeah, the fear or threat of terrorism feels so dire and even apocalyptic now that it justifies going to those extremes, but there's a saying I found that's actually quite profound about that kind of thinking. Somewhat paraphrasing, "As soon as men decide that all means are permitted to combat an evil, their good becomes indistinguishable from the evil they wish to fight."

Dropping in to say that SM2099 classic vol 4 is out.
    Le Suck it, Dolphin!

-God I am so tired.

SCOTT SUMMERS AND EMMA FROST DESERVED BETTER.