Page 14 of 27 FirstFirst ... 410111213141516171824 ... LastLast

Judging purely by his Uncanny X-Force and Agent Venom runs, Rick Remender would be my choice. He seems to thrive on smaller scale titles where he doesn't have to interact with the rest of the Marvel U much, and is great at tying together loose continuity in mind-blowing ways.

World's Greatest Hero blackspidey2099's Avatar

Yeah, as a huge Miguel fan myself (probably my second favourite character after Peter) I was somewhat underwhelmed by Volume 3. It started off really well, but I thought the FIST arc got kinda overplayed by the time it was resolved. The worst part is that I think this series was ended too early to make way for the mostly forgettable Ben Reilly Scarlet Spider series, and that stings. I really hope we get a revival of Spider-Man 2099 sometime soon, or at least a Defenders 2100 book co-starring him.

By the way, does anyone remember what happened to Maestro from the end of Volume 2? Or did Peter David just forget about him coming to the future?

PAD had Maestro taken off him. He's since appeared in Contest of Champions and Old Man Logan.

Contest of Champions also featured Punisher 2099, for what it's worth. Not sure what he's doing over in Old Man Logan at the moment, I haven't been keeping up.

Leading the Hulk Gang from OML's future, who he's brought with him to the present.

Yeah it's... not the greatest use of Maestro. I wonder if editorial was absolutely convinced he was necessary on OML or if PAD gave up on the plot he was setting up altogether and they saw an opening.

I did notice the abandoning of Maestro coincided with Secret Wars using him as a central character, one of Doom's warmongers, so I wonder if the event/linewipe/renumbering made him just give up on that.

Quote Originally Posted by Webhead View Post
    Yeah it's... not the greatest use of Maestro. I wonder if editorial was absolutely convinced he was necessary on OML or if PAD gave up on the plot he was setting up altogether and they saw an opening.
    He was available for OML because Contest of Champions got cancelled. Nothing to do with 2099.

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    He was available for OML because Contest of Champions got cancelled. Nothing to do with 2099.
    Sorry, I keep mixing up the Secret Wars/COC Maestro and the 2099 Maestro. Is the latter unaccounted for?

They're the same character - he must've got himself to Battleworld to escape an Incursion, like the guys in the liferafts. PAD lost use of Maestro due to CoC - hence Maestro's usage in OML is, as I said, nothing to do with 2099.

https://twitter.com/Marvel_FFightUS/...92726296432641

It's happening!

edit: Apparently Punisher 2099 got added to the Contest of Champions game as well, so there's that too!
    Last edited by Man-Thing; 08-06-2017 at 08:26 PM.

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Shock, yes!
    The spider is always on the hunt.

And he's going to be his own character! Not just a Spidey costume!

http://www.mobirum.com/article/detai...d=75&id=890827

This means we can potentially look forward to new alt costumes for him, like the All New All Different outfit, or... idk, alts!

Would be nice to see a 2099 alt for Venom, Ghost Rider, Hulk, Punisher, and the rest as well...

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Man-Thing View Post
    And he's going to be his own character! Not just a Spidey costume!

http://www.mobirum.com/article/detai...d=75&id=890827

This means we can potentially look forward to new alt costumes for him, like the All New All Different outfit, or... idk, alts!

Would be nice to see a 2099 alt for Venom, Ghost Rider, Hulk, Punisher, and the rest as well...
    Hmm, could go for the VR suit he wore to fight the Discord AI. So gloriously 90s . . . And now that I remember, Gabriel O'Hara II, Miguel's son with Tempest and successor to Miguel's Spider-Man mantle, wearing a somewhat altered design of the original 2099 costume.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

And he's out! One thing I immediatley noticed, is that he actually refers to Iron-Man, Cap, and Widow appropriately if they're in their 2099 skins. Everyone still refers to Tony and Steve, while Miggy calls them by Sonny and Roberta, etc. Was a nice touch that helps bring things together

Will need to see if he has any other dialogue specialities with other characters. Hulk's Maestro skin, mayhaps?