Page 18 of 27 FirstFirst ... 8141516171819202122 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by blackspidey2099 View Post
    Hmm... to be honest the timeline isn't overly consistent between Miguel from Spider-Man 2099 v1 and Miguel who appears in Superior Spider-Man and later. Like Miguel was originally from Earth-928, but now he is from the future of Earth-616. And other such inconsistencies between the stories.
    Well, no, not quite, he was originally from future 616... until they retconned it to not be the future, just a future, same byline they took with Earth X, MC2, etc. Miguel's future now being the ever-shifting future of 616 (which isn't even 616 anymore, it's just the main Marvel reality, kind of the whole point of the fallout of Secret Wars), is actually back in line with the original 2099 imprint's intentions.

My read is: given how well Secret Wars 2099 works as a follow-up to the end of PAD's original run, with issue 44, we can just view that as the continuation of the original run, with the fallout of Secret Wars/Age of Ultron/Timestorm/any other given Time Travel Event pulling the 2099 equivalent of One-More-Day, which is why when we see Miguel in Superior, it's clearly the same Miguel, he refers back to events from the original run in Superior and v2/v3, just, like, his identity is secret again (well, actually, I'm not sure it is. It becomes clear that Tyler still knows who he is, they just seem to be putting up a charade in front of others), and he's not in charge of Alchemex and is back to just being an employee. But, like, Roberta and Sonny and such are still around, Tyler's not crippled and in a chair (unless you read him in that chair thing in Superior as him still recovering but better)....

Actually, wait, revising my timeline opinions.

I am now going to just say that Spider-Man 2099 stories happen in order, as published.

The Captain Marvel storyline falls sometime after Tyler Stone gets better, if he was even as seriously injured as he was making out.

In Timestorm, we learn that Lyla's fucking with time/travel due to her messed up obsession with Miguel again, and that Doom has been holding the future together through sheer force of will. While the events of the timestorm resolve themselves, some... alterations have occured. Thus, we get Kron-as-Scorpion in Shattered Dimensions and Edge of Time, which, again, time-travel stuff messing things up.

We then rejoin Miguel in the pages of Superior, where he's not the boss anymore, and it's fuzzy on whether Tyler and Miguel openly know that each other knowns the secret identity thing. Either way, he strands Miguel in the past. After several more time/dimension travel storylines, we get an entire background arc about Miguel trying to lock his future in place, and experiencing various slightly-different ones every time he tries to go home, until he finally manages it (the end of Spider-Man 2099 v2 and the entirety of v3, with a brief interlude in Secret Wars, where, again, future gets adjusted a little bit, introducing the Alchamex Avengers and The Defenders).

Hell, if there's no major contradictions, I'm just going to take it as read that the events of LEGO Marvel Superheroes 2 is what chronologically happens next for our beloved futuristic wallcrawler & company.

Quote Originally Posted by Man-Thing View Post
    Now here's a question for everybody. Given that the end of v3 marks the roll over to New Year's Day 2100... How many days pass in-story from the beginning of Spider-Man 2099 v1 #1 to the end of Spider-Man 2099 v3 #25?
    Well it can't be more than a year, but it's at least 2-3 months if you ask me.

Slight revision to my above supposition about things happening in release order: the Captain Marvel Time Flies story arc needs to happen before Spider-Man 2099 v1 #15... since that's where Boone gets dragged off and turned into Loki/Halloween Jack. Just going to blame that one on time travel and getting the story from Captain Marv's POV.

IMG_2273.jpg
    I really hope that Spidey 2099 shows up in X-Men Blue.

Oh man! What issue is that?!

Also: I got bored at work and booted up the Kindle Web App and started going through my Spidey 2099 trades and counting the unique days and realize that, in Spider-Verse we see Tyler talking about flinging Miguel into the past as if it was within the last day or so... in a storyline that was a year removed, comics-wise, with Superior/Amazing putting out multiple issues a month. In the interim, Miguel had settled in and gotten a job and started getting to know Tempest, it had been, from his perspective, at least a couple months, yet in 2099, it had only been a couple days at most. I think we can therefor put down most of Superior, v2, and v3 as "not much time passed in 2099".

Additionally, counting through the days of the original Marvel 2099 stuff, and, yeah, the entire line covers maybe half a year if we're being extremely generous.

Also: I got bored at work and booted up the Kindle Web App and started going through my Spidey 2099 trades and counting the unique days and realize that, in Spider-Verse we see Tyler talking about flinging Miguel into the past as if it was within the last day or so... in a storyline that was a year removed, comics-wise, with Superior/Amazing putting out multiple issues a month. In the interim, Miguel had settled in and gotten a job and started getting to know Tempest, it had been, from his perspective, at least a couple months, yet in 2099, it had only been a couple days at most. I think we can therefor put down most of Superior, v2, and v3 as "not much time passed in 2099".

Additionally, counting through the days of the original Marvel 2099 stuff, and, yeah, the entire line covers maybe half a year if we're being extremely generous.
    Nice one! Now we have an idea of about how long Miguel has been in action!

Issue 17, out December 13.

CROSS-TIME CAPERS Part 2

• Lost in time, JEAN GREY and her team of X-MEN must survive long enough to fix what is wrong with the timestream…

• …which isn’t easy with the teens stranded in the not-too-far future. If only there were a similar group of mutant heroes to help them out.

• Oh, wait! There totally is! GUEST-STARRING X-MEN 2099!

Fan art by yours truly.
    IMG_2393.jpg

Does anyone else get bothered by Goblin being written out-of-character whenever she's included in games? Granted, I'm not that far into LEGO Marvel Super Heroes 2, but so far she's just... a goblin. Same when she was in Spider-Man Unlimited for the 2099 event, she was just a cackling villain trying to kill Miguel. I get that they're not likely to go into her character motivations or that she's possibly playing double-agent in a game where 2099 stuff only cameos, and that LEGO games don't really have a lot of depth of character to them, but still...

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Does anyone else get bothered by Goblin being written out-of-character whenever she's included in games? Granted, I'm not that far into LEGO Marvel Super Heroes 2, but so far she's just... a goblin. Same when she was in Spider-Man Unlimited for the 2099 event, she was just a cackling villain trying to kill Miguel. I get that they're not likely to go into her character motivations or that she's possibly playing double-agent in a game where 2099 stuff only cameos, and that LEGO games don't really have a lot of depth of character to them, but still...
    Yeah, that is pretty disappointing. I liked her original intended motivation by Peter David, where she lost faith in Spider-Man 2099 after her sister died in a sadistic choice forced on him by Venom 2099 and then she somehow found out who the S-Man (that's his nickname, not Spidey) really was. Thus feeling betrayed and disappointed by him, she decided to "avenge" her sister (and her own lost faith) by donning the mantle of Spider-Man's worst enemy and using it to discredit him in the eyes of the downtrodden public that viewed him as a savior.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

Quote Originally Posted by Huntsman Spider View Post
    Yeah, that is pretty disappointing. I liked her original intended motivation by Peter David, where she lost faith in Spider-Man 2099 after her sister died in a sadistic choice forced on him by Venom 2099 and then she somehow found out who the S-Man (that's his nickname, not Spidey) really was. Thus feeling betrayed and disappointed by him, she decided to "avenge" her sister (and her own lost faith) by donning the mantle of Spider-Man's worst enemy and using it to discredit him in the eyes of the downtrodden public that viewed him as a savior.
    Okay, now that I'm farther in... most of the villains out and out praise Kang and say how he's benefiting them. Goblin does not. Her actions could in fact be read as beneficial. She gets in 616 Vulture's way, allowing Spidey & Spider-Gwen to take him down. She takes advantage of the whole Chronopolis situation to try to take down Alchemax, using the symbiotes to do it, etc. Pretty much the only reason you even get in her way is that she's using a plot macguffin you need to accomplish her goals.

ALSO, In the Noir section, Shattered Dimensions is alluded to, as Spidey and Spidey Noir know each other, which suggests this is in continuity with those! I love it when stuff like that pops up

Will report more if there's any pertinent story details further in the game for 2099.

Okay, now that I'm farther in... most of the villains out and out praise Kang and say how he's benefiting them. Goblin does not. Her actions could in fact be read as beneficial. She gets in 616 Vulture's way, allowing Spidey & Spider-Gwen to take him down. She takes advantage of the whole Chronopolis situation to try to take down Alchemax, using the symbiotes to do it, etc. Pretty much the only reason you even get in her way is that she's using a plot macguffin you need to accomplish her goals.

ALSO, In the Noir section, Shattered Dimensions is alluded to, as Spidey and Spidey Noir know each other, which suggests this is in continuity with those! I love it when stuff like that pops up

Will report more if there's any pertinent story details further in the game for 2099.
    Thanks. Those are interesting details to know, although it could just as easily be a Spider-Verse reference, since 616 Spider-Man and Noir Spider-Man met each other there, too.

Quote Originally Posted by Huntsman Spider View Post
    Thanks. Those are interesting details to know, although it could just as easily be a Spider-Verse reference, since 616 Spider-Man and Noir Spider-Man met each other there, too.
    Ah, fair enough, I was in a videogame mindset, and hadn't thought about Spider-Verse.

The game certainly refers to pretty up to date stuff in its character profiles, talking about events with The Fist and even mentioning Tempest, Would have been cool for "Honey Bee" to be in (still think she shoulda been called Spider-Wasp)

Ah, fair enough, I was in a videogame mindset, and hadn't thought about Spider-Verse.

The game certainly refers to pretty up to date stuff in its character profiles, talking about events with The Fist and even mentioning Tempest, Would have been cool for "Honey Bee" to be in (still think she shoulda been called Spider-Wasp)
    Same here. It would have made a lot more sense. Also, it was a much better relationship between those two than the last time a Spider-Man met a Spider-Wasp (Peter Parker --- and then Kaine --- and Shathra).

I was re-reading some early issues of Spider-Man 2099 today, and I realized:
    His costume isn't Blue and Red... It's black and red.
    It was a mindfuck.