Page 19 of 27 FirstFirst ... 9151617181920212223 ... LastLast

That leads to an interesting discussion about "What should an updated Spider-Man 2099 costume look like?" Like, I imagine if the 2099 line was started today, the main roster would look somewhat different. I would surmise, for example, that Doom's armer would look more like his Infamous stuff, to go along with the more heroic theme.

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Geek Mangacomic View Post
    I was re-reading some early issues of Spider-Man 2099 today, and I realized:
    His costume isn't Blue and Red... It's black and red.
    It was a mindfuck.
    Oh, yeah, definitely. It's like what happened with Peter Parker, that the "blue" in the costume was originally supposed to be black with blue highlights and shading to give it depth, but later artists assumed the suit was supposed to be blue because of all the blue highlights and shading and thus colored it blue. I think Miguel's guest appearance in Peter David's Captain Marvel #27-30 was the only time Miguel's original suit was actually colored black.

Quote Originally Posted by Man-Thing View Post
    That leads to an interesting discussion about "What should an updated Spider-Man 2099 costume look like?" Like, I imagine if the 2099 line was started today, the main roster would look somewhat different. I would surmise, for example, that Doom's armer would look more like his Infamous stuff, to go along with the more heroic theme.
    And given the primacy of the Avengers today, we probably would get an Avengers 2099 series. Secret Wars 2099 gave us a good idea of how Peter David might update/revamp 2099 and most if not all the characters from there carried over into the post-Secret Wars Spider-Man 2099, which was fine by me because I enjoyed Secret Wars 2099, especially Captain America 2099. As for Miguel's costume . . . I liked the post-Secret Wars suit, but it would have been better if it'd been just black and red with no white, since the white clashed somewhat with the red.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

Anyone see the Feb solicits? Any chance of Cap being in 2099? Or will this be yet another new future?

Anyone see the Feb solicits? Any chance of Cap being in 2099? Or will this be yet another new future?
    I hope it's 2099, but I'm not expecting it to be.

Quote Originally Posted by Huntsman Spider View Post
    And given the primacy of the Avengers today, we probably would get an Avengers 2099 series. Secret Wars 2099 gave us a good idea of how Peter David might update/revamp 2099 and most if not all the characters from there carried over into the post-Secret Wars Spider-Man 2099, which was fine by me because I enjoyed Secret Wars 2099, especially Captain America 2099. As for Miguel's costume . . . I liked the post-Secret Wars suit, but it would have been better if it'd been just black and red with no white, since the white clashed somewhat with the red.

Can't remember where I first saw it, but I always htought this would have been a nice 2099 suit.

Also found an interesting tumblr post about the evolution of the All-New costume

http://kristaferanka.tumblr.com/post...99-a1-a3-so-it

Quote Originally Posted by Huntsman Spider View Post
    Oh, yeah, definitely. It's like what happened with Peter Parker, that the "blue" in the costume was originally supposed to be black with blue highlights and shading to give it depth, but later artists assumed the suit was supposed to be blue because of all the blue highlights and shading and thus colored it blue.
    The 60s cartoon set that in stone. The trope Older Than They Think comes to mind.

Also found an interesting tumblr post about the evolution of the All-New costume

Thanks. Would've gone with B5, but like I said, I did actually like the costume design Kris Anka and the editors settled on. I think it's just that it looked a lot better on Francesco Mattina's covers for the series than it did in the interior art by Will Sliney (no offense to Sliney, who otherwise did excellent with Spider-Man 2099 and currently Ben Reilly: The Scarlet Spider).

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    The 60s cartoon set that in stone. The trope Older Than They Think comes to mind.
    Good point there. We do owe the 60s cartoon a lot for putting Spider-Man in the public consciousness, even with certain . . . quirks.

IMO, Miguel should always have the web cape.

Anyone want to take odds on Miguel being in the PS4 Spider-Man game in any capacity beyond "unlockable costume"?

Know this isn’t reliable, but according to a 4chan user, Marvel is considering making a new Spider-Man 2099 series. Fingers crossed!

BANNED

Know this isn’t reliable, but according to a 4chan user, Marvel is considering making a new Spider-Man 2099 series. Fingers crossed!
    I can see it happening. Miguel will be part of the new animated series soon at some point, and he's part of it's toyline. He'll need exposure

Tell that to comic book limboed Anya. Where's her comic? If they're not going to relaunch Spider-Girl, at least put her on a team.

And it's only earlier this year that 2099 was cancelled... seems a bit soon for it to come back, it probably won't sell any better than it was before.

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Tell that to comic book limboed Anya. Where's her comic? If they're not going to relaunch Spider-Girl, at least put her on a team.

And it's only earlier this year that 2099 was cancelled... seems a bit soon for it to come back, it probably won't sell any better than it was before.
    Still pissed that Squirrel Girl got to continue because of “digital sales.”

Still pissed that Squirrel Girl got to continue because of “digital sales.”
    Batman Beyond was purely digital for singles for a while, with physical trades coming out. Perhaps they could do that with Miguel if they're worried about sales vs cost...