Page 2 of 27 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by redrunner97 View Post
    Spider-Man 2099 #7 is out today and it was amazing!!

We learned that Rhonda's Inhuman powers are a little... weird, to say the least. She has a flaming halo and calls herself "Glorianna", professing to be the All-New, All-Different God, one who will actually listen. She's also completely batsh!t crazy and nearly kills dozens of innocents while on a rampage at St. Patrick's cathedral (I bet that destruction won't improve Nueva York back in 2099!), even hurting her own girlfriend Jasmine in the process! She disappeared to a remote mountaintop, while Miguel rushes Jasmine to the hospital. During all of this, we also got to see more boiling over of that inner struggle between Roberta and Captain America 2099! Next issue promises Miguel will discover the truth about Tempest, but regardless of the outcome, I suspect Miguel still might not get the happy ending he truly deserves.

So, did anyone else enjoy this week's issue? If so, what parts did you like most? And did you like the introduction of Glorianna?

The anticipation for #8 is gonna be killer!
    I liked the issue. Glorianna was that kinda bat-s%&t crazy you don't see alot. But hope Migguy contacts Attila about this. Can't have crazy inhumans running around.

And Tempest comes back next month? Yes!
    Le Suck it, Dolphin!

-God I am so tired.

SCOTT SUMMERS AND EMMA FROST DESERVED BETTER.

Extraordinary X-Man redrunner97's Avatar

^ It would seem she is!

• MIGUEL LEARNS THE TRUTH ABOUT TEMPEST!

• THE ONLY THING STANDING BETWEEN THE TWO OF THEM? MAN-MOUNTAIN MARKO!
    Release date is March 9! So the wait won't be too long!
    MY TOP 5 MARVEL HEROES:
    BLACK BOLT | CYCLOPS | SPIDER-MAN 2099 | WICCAN | MS. MARVEL

MY TOP 5 DC HEROES:
    BATMAN | MIDNIGHTER | SWAMP THING | INFINITY MAN | NIGHTWING

SPIDER-MAN 2099 APPRECIATION THREAD | MAN-THING APPRECIATION THREAD

Incredible Member

As much as I love this series and writer, I'm a little surprised it's still going. Anyone know how it's been selling? Really hoping it gets the deluxe hardcover treatment.

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by AJpyro View Post
    I liked the issue. Glorianna was that kinda bat-s%&t crazy you don't see alot. But hope Migguy contacts Attila about this. Can't have crazy inhumans running around.

And Tempest comes back next month? Yes!
    Hmm, the plot reminds me of what happened in Superior Spider-Man Team-Up's Infinity tie-in issues. Same basic premise of a Spider-Man contending with a newly empowered Inhuman with potentially godlike abilities that decides to use her newfound power to rule over the world and cure it of what she sees as its great ills, only to be painfully brought back down to Earth when the Spider-Man of the title makes her realize that her actions are doing far more to harm than help the world like she believes she's doing. In Superior Spider-Man Team-Up's case, it ended with the newly empowered Inhuman sacrificing her life through a maximal exertion of her power to protect the world, and in 2099's case, it seems like "Glorianna" just has some hard thinking to do, having hurt probably the one person she still cares about from her former life.

As for the other developments, am looking forward to Tempest's return, though also fearing that Miguel won't get his happy ending, anyway, and hoping that Roberta and Captain America 2099 can find a way to reconcile before their personality clash does one or both of them permanent damage.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

Incredible Member Highland Chicken's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Johnatellodi View Post
    As much as I love this series and writer, I'm a little surprised it's still going. Anyone know how it's been selling? Really hoping it gets the deluxe hardcover treatment.
    It's sales have already dropped below the previous run, I blame marvel for their mediocre and unnecessary relaunch plus editorial mandates.
    "I can talk to spiders"
    - Kaine Parker

I love that Miguel is back! I remember picking every issue up until it was cancelled back into the nineties....my bro used to collect xmen2099. Im hoping that they put him back into the future with spiderman2099 vol 4!!!!!!
    MY Pull List: MARVEL: Amazing Spider-man, Spider-Man 2099, Star Wars DC: Earth 2: society, Superman, Action, Batman, Batman Beyond, titans, teen titans; IMAGE: Lazarus, Outcast, Southern Bastards IDW: Star Trek: Boldly Go VALIANT Ninjak

So how'd we enjoy Spider-Man 2099 #8?!

I loved when the rage (or rather, passion) hit Miguel and the fangs coming out before he raced to the hospital. And the "Thor movie" pun really cracked me up. I'm greatly anticipating #9 because it looks like we're gonna get some resolution with Tempest's story. I wonder if she's still pregnant? Or even fully alive? And what is her mother's motive in all of this, were her actions out of some genuine care for her daughter, something more sinister, or perhaps a mixture of both? I just can't wait to see where this arc ends up!

Overall, I thought it was an amazing issue and just another current example of PAD proving he's one of the best writers in the business!
    MY TOP 5 MARVEL HEROES:

MY TOP 5 DC HEROES:

Incredible Member Highland Chicken's Avatar

This issue was vastly superior to the last couple, I'm glad we're back on the Tempest story line. Also, I feel that Miguel is actually being smart about his problems, and looking at them strategically/logically, even when he's enraged. This is something I've been missing in Slott's ASM run.
    "I can talk to spiders"
    - Kaine Parker

Quote Originally Posted by redrunner97 View Post
    So how'd we enjoy Spider-Man 2099 #8?!

I loved when the rage (or rather, passion) hit Miguel and the fangs coming out before he raced to the hospital. And the "Thor movie" pun really cracked me up. I'm greatly anticipating #9 because it looks like we're gonna get some resolution with Tempest's story. I wonder if she's still pregnant? Or even fully alive? And what is her mother's motive in all of this, were her actions out of some genuine care for her daughter, something more sinister, or perhaps a mixture of both? I just can't wait to see where this arc ends up!

Overall, I thought it was an amazing issue and just another current example of PAD proving he's one of the best writers in the business!
    From what I remember of Spider-Man 2099 #3's epilogue, Tempest's mother was just a selfish gold digger who married Tempest's father to secure herself financially and set up Tempest with someone she hoped would keep her financially secure via said arranged marriage, and was pissed off when Tempest went against her wishes to be with Miguel. This was just her being a controlling c-word who looked at marriage as chiefly a meal ticket, love being completely irrelevant to her.

Quote Originally Posted by Highland Chicken View Post
    This issue was vastly superior to the last couple, I'm glad we're back on the Tempest story line. Also, I feel that Miguel is actually being smart about his problems, and looking at them strategically/logically, even when he's enraged. This is something I've been missing in Slott's ASM run.
    Hmm, I think what Slott gets right, however poorly he might depict it at times, is that Peter is a guy who ultimately goes with his heart and not his head, which is sometimes a good thing in that his compassion leads him to go softer on villains or criminals he believes aren't completely irredeemable or purely selfishly motivated. By that same token, as could be inferred, it also makes him easier to sucker into letting a villain or criminal go if he feels sorry for them or personally attached to them in some way, which can and does backfire horribly sometimes. When he's morally outraged, though, pragmatism can be a hard concept for him to grasp in dealing with the object of his outrage, or acknowledging that the person he's defending may not be a blameless innocent like he's inclined to think.

In that same regard, Peter David did make Miguel O'Hara as an inversion of many of Peter Parker's best-known traits. We all know that Miguel is talkative and snarky out of costume and terse and serious in costume while Peter is quiet and unassuming out of costume and talkative and snarky in costume, but like you indicated, it's also that Peter is a lot more emotional in his approach to situations while Miguel is a lot more cerebral and calculative, which allows him to be comparatively more ruthless and pragmatic than Peter.

Enjoyed the latest issue and glad we are back to Tempest. It's on now!
    Le Suck it, Dolphin!

-God I am so tired.

SCOTT SUMMERS AND EMMA FROST DESERVED BETTER.

Just caught up with the last two issues. Good good stuff. Interesting to see Tempest's mother seems to have some criminal ties. Still wondering if she's related to Storm, given the family name.

While I'm enjoying all this, I'd still like more actual, you know, 2099 in the 2099 title. More of Miggy's rogues popping up would be nice. Maybe they can bring in Vulture next?

Quote Originally Posted by Man-Thing View Post
    Just caught up with the last two issues. Good good stuff. Interesting to see Tempest's mother seems to have some criminal ties. Still wondering if she's related to Storm, given the family name.

While I'm enjoying all this, I'd still like more actual, you know, 2099 in the 2099 title. More of Miggy's rogues popping up would be nice. Maybe they can bring in Vulture next?
    And that her daughter's name is Tempest, which is another word for storm. And yes, seeing more 2099 in Spider-Man 2099 would be cool. Maybe that VR entity Discord can hop back in time, piggybacking on Lyla.

Wondering if she'll once again be able to go full spider-wasp sometime down the road as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Man-Thing View Post
    Wondering if she'll once again be able to go full spider-wasp sometime down the road as well.
    Part of me hopes so, but I seriously doubt it.
    MY TOP 5 MARVEL HEROES:

MY TOP 5 DC HEROES:

Jersey City - or you can call it The TWiLighT Zone

I love the series but hate the new costume I want the original back.. as for Sales figure I heard it did modestly on Dec but overall I thought it was doing good , but the again I didn't check the latest..