Page 21 of 27 FirstFirst ... 11171819202122232425 ... LastLast
    World's Greatest Hero blackspidey2099's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Geek Mangacomic View Post
    Does anybody else here think that Miguel is way better than Peter?
    No but he is the closest.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by blackspidey2099 View Post
    No but he is the closest.
    I'd say Kaine is.

Quote Originally Posted by Miles To Go View Post
    I'd say Kaine is.
    You think Kaine is a better character than Miguel? I really like Kaine, but I think he is definitely more of a trope compared to Miguel who is a more fleshed-out, complex character.

BANNED

You think Kaine is a better character than Miguel? I really like Kaine, but I think he is definitely more of a trope compared to Miguel who is a more fleshed-out, complex character.
    Not necessarily a better character than Miguel, but one that has more of a connection to Peter and the overall tapestry.

Quote Originally Posted by Miles To Go View Post
    Not necessarily a better character than Miguel, but one that has more of a connection to Peter and the overall tapestry.
    Well yeah, Kaine is part of the 616 while Miguel is from an alternate universe/timeline, so that makes sense. Though I do think Pete likes/trusts Miguel more (Kaine's relationship with Peter has been very strained since the beginning, except for that small part of time between Spider-Islan and Superior).

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

I think Miguel's better only in the sense that Miguel was conceived as a full-fledged adult from the beginning of his existence, therefore Marvel has no qualms about letting him be an adult as opposed to some caricature of what they think a "young person" is or should be. Also, having Peter David as the chief if not sole architect of his development as a character means Miguel has a lot more going for him in terms of narrative consistency than Peter does, since more than 50 years of continuous publishing means a variety of different voices trying to say different things about or for Peter's character and some of them have frankly missed the mark.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

what are Miguel's powers currently? Anything new, or lost?

Quote Originally Posted by Hypestyle View Post
    Despite what the Marvel Wiki says, no new powers. But he does have a new suit.

Quote Originally Posted by Hypestyle View Post
    No new powers, and I think he kept all his powers though IIRC we haven't seen him use the poison bite for a while. The armor Peter built for him is really tricked out though, it can stop a Howitzer shell, go invisible, fly, has a bunch of sensors and internet and stuff, has explosive weaponry, and some other stuff I forgot.

No new powers, and I think he kept all his powers though IIRC we haven't seen him use the poison bite for a while. The armor Peter built for him is really tricked out though, it can stop a Howitzer shell, go invisible, fly, has a bunch of sensors and internet and stuff, has explosive weaponry, and some other stuff I forgot.
    No web cape though...

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

No web cape though...
    He does have retractable web-foil glider wings, though.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

No Miguel, or any non-X-men for that matter, in today's X-Men Blue issue. Still a fun little romp through a slightly altered version of 2099 though.

Does anybody else here think that Miguel is way better than Peter?
    I would say he ain't better than 80/90's adult Peter, but at least as good. But he's definitely better than manchild Peter.

On a subjective note, I prefer Miguel over Peter. His initial run was wo interesting, the family drama was well made, the characters interactions were great, Miguel himself was such an interesting character. This new run wasn't as good, but it was still a blessing to have PAD on spidey 2099. He's sadly, the only person who doesn't write Miguel as peter parker lite (see exiles for instance).

Quote Originally Posted by Naked Bat View Post
    He's sadly, the only person who doesn't write Miguel as peter parker lite (see exiles for instance).
    Video games tend to have that problem as well. Shattered Dimensions, Unlimited, and LEGO Marvel Superheroes 2 all treat him as sort of "Peter... .but in the FUUUUUUTERE"

That guy who wrote Edge of Time seems to have his character down well though :P

Take Me Higher The Negative Zone's Avatar
    Earth. (Unless I've been kidnapped by Skrulls)

Quote Originally Posted by Man-Thing View Post
    That guy who wrote Edge of Time seems to have his character down well though :P
    Well that was Peter David. Love that game. I replay it for the spider banter.