Page 22 of 27 FirstFirst ... 12181920212223242526 ... LastLast
    Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Man-Thing View Post
    Video games tend to have that problem as well. Shattered Dimensions, Unlimited, and LEGO Marvel Superheroes 2 all treat him as sort of "Peter... .but in the FUUUUUUTERE"

That guy who wrote Edge of Time seems to have his character down well though :P
    Quote Originally Posted by The Negative Zone View Post
    Well that was Peter David. Love that game. I replay it for the spider banter.
    Was anyone as surprised as me to find out that the ultimate villain of Edge of Time was spoilers:
    Peter Parker himself?
    end of spoilers
    The spider is always on the hunt.

Extraordinary X-Man redrunner97's Avatar

I REALLY hope Miguel plays a big role in the upcoming Spiderverse animated movie. He needs a profile boots. If the film is well received, maybe we'll even get a 2099 spin-off in Sony's animated universe... or, better yet, a live action Spider-Man 2099 so the studio will have a heavy-hitting superhero franchise outside the constructs of their MCU deal or Venom/Black Cat and Silver Sable world.

That's the best we can hope for right now as far as representation of the character in mainstream media goes... though I would still love to see a Marvel 2099 animated series on Disney XD. It'd be fun to stay in that world and explore lots of weird, futuristic "What If?..." scenarios.
    MY TOP 5 MARVEL HEROES:
    BLACK BOLT | CYCLOPS | SPIDER-MAN 2099 | WICCAN | MS. MARVEL

MY TOP 5 DC HEROES:
    BATMAN | MIDNIGHTER | SWAMP THING | INFINITY MAN | NIGHTWING

SPIDER-MAN 2099 APPRECIATION THREAD | MAN-THING APPRECIATION THREAD

Quote Originally Posted by Huntsman Spider View Post
    Was anyone as surprised as me to find out that the ultimate villain of Edge of Time was spoilers:
    Peter Parker himself?
    end of spoilers
    I was surprised and delighted! I'd read about how PAD had wanted to do something along those lines back in the 90s so it was nice to see him get to write that in.

Quote Originally Posted by redrunner97 View Post
    a live action Spider-Man 2099 so the studio will have a heavy-hitting superhero franchise outside the constructs of their MCU deal or Venom/Black Cat and Silver Sable world.
    I'd love for them to dedicate a full MCU "Phase" to 2099. Do a Spider-Man film, a Doom film now they've got those rights back, a film about the Roberta, pair up Strange and Hulk for a film to circumvent rights issues, Punisher, etc, culminating in a big Avengers 2099 film with everybody.

Take Me Higher The Negative Zone's Avatar
    Earth. (Unless I've been kidnapped by Skrulls)

Peter Parker himself?
    end of spoilers
    oh yeah I loved that twist. Really wish Edge of Time was canon.

Miguel 2099 should have his own animated series I'm surprised that this hasn't been done yet. Why not? it can air on Disney streaming.

I was surprised and delighted! I'd read about how PAD had wanted to do something along those lines back in the 90s so it was nice to see him get to write that in.
    Hmm, yeah, I remember in the early issues of 2099 after Miguel made his debut as Spider-Man how the mysterious CEO of Alchemax told Tyler Stone that he was "familiar" with Spider-Man. Thinking about it in retrospect with Edge of Time, that CEO could've turned out to be a future Peter Parker, his sense of responsibility long since corrupted into ruthless extremism, instead of some extraterrestrial/extradimensional being called Avatarr.

Quote Originally Posted by The Negative Zone View Post
    oh yeah I loved that twist. Really wish Edge of Time was canon.
    Nothing saying it couldn't be. Given how time and history were altered in Edge of Time, it could easily slot into the canon comics.

I will be honest: while I read both Marvel and Dc comics, There is not much in the MCU that I really love. I love the first I.M, The first two cap movies and I can appreciate some aspects of the first avengers movies. But the prospect of a 2099 cinematic universe would be amazing. If they did really use the comics as an inspiration and stick to the original characterization. No timestorm Miguel and his boring origin.

Quote Originally Posted by Naked Bat View Post
    I will be honest: while I read both Marvel and Dc comics, There is not much in the MCU that I really love. I love the first I.M, The first two cap movies and I can appreciate some aspects of the first avengers movies. But the prospect of a 2099 cinematic universe would be amazing. If they did really use the comics as an inspiration and stick to the original characterization. No timestorm Miguel and his boring origin.
    Yeah, a cyberpunk superhero universe in film would be so shocking awesome. And since you dislike Timestorm Miguel, you might be pleased to find Peter David killed him off in the lead-up to Spider-Verse.

Yeah, a cyberpunk superhero universe in film would be so shocking awesome. And since you dislike Timestorm Miguel, you might be pleased to find Peter David killed him off in the lead-up to Spider-Verse.
    I was mostly disappointed by spider-verse bu everything spidey 2099 related was great, including this death ^^

I still feel like Timestorm was meant to be Ultimate 2099. It makes so much more sense in that context.

I still feel like Timestorm was meant to be Ultimate 2099. It makes so much more sense in that context.
    That would be interesting, but I'd much prefer to see 2099 relaunched with the ideas and characters that PAD introduced in Secret Wars 2099 and the subsequent Spider-Man 2099 series. The Avengers of 2099 could be Alchemax's big plan to subvert and undermine the anti-megacorp renegades and rebels fighting under the monikers of late 20th/early 21st-century heroes after the Aesir 2099 blew up in their faces. For dramatic irony's sake, Miguel would be working with the Avengers 2099 as himself, given his position in Alchemax, while being their number-one target as Spider-Man. Plus, it would be great if PAD could get Mark Waid on to finally turn his pitch for Daredevil 2099 into an actual comic . . .

Thats' how I took it as well. But imo, they didn't understand what made Miguel such a compelling character. I mean, you have this boy whose father is the blue collar type and who grows to become one of the best scientists of Alchemax, and amid all the family drama, he discovers that his real father is the man he hates the most, Tyler Stone.

In timestorm, his father is already a great scientist and Miguel himself is just teenager 101. I was really excited by timestorm 2099 and ended up really disappointed. I would go as far as to say I prefer Exiles Miguel over Timestorm Miguel. Granted, he's not much more than Peter Parker lite, but at least he's not annoying.

That would be interesting, but I'd much prefer to see 2099 relaunched with the ideas and characters that PAD introduced in Secret Wars 2099 and the subsequent Spider-Man 2099 series. The Avengers of 2099 could be Alchemax's big plan to subvert and undermine the anti-megacorp renegades and rebels fighting under the monikers of late 20th/early 21st-century heroes after the Aesir 2099 blew up in their faces. For dramatic irony's sake, Miguel would be working with the Avengers 2099 as himself, given his position in Alchemax, while being their number-one target as Spider-Man. Plus, it would be great if PAD could get Mark Waid on to finally turn his pitch for Daredevil 2099 into an actual comic . . .
    One can hope. I think a PAD/waid combo on a big 2099 universe could do wonder. That said, I think Ghost Rider 2099 was really great as well. I liked most of the 2099 universe.

BANNED

Retro Miguel illustration from Ryan Stegman.

Yeah, one of the redeeming points of the Superior Spider-Man comic was Miguel O'Hara's return to comics being illustrated by Ryan Stegman. Bought those issues just for that.